what do you hate about being "fat"

Options

Replies

• mjhedgehog
    mjhedgehog Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    NO wonder why girls have no confidence today, the clothes keep getting smaller and the sizes keep getting bigger on the tag I think it's because these stores want us to feel like fat *kitten* and we are all suppose to look like coked up supermodels. I recently just got into a 12 jeans damn it's no 2 but it feels great, f*** what people think.

Do you think there might be a chance that people keep getting fatter, instead?

I think the opposite is happening to sizes. I work in retail and some brands are making bigger sizes with smaller numbers. like a normal size 3 in juniors they'll label as a 1 a size 1 as a 0 etc. thats just some brands though. they want you to feel skinnier so you'll buy their brand of jeans.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I hated it when the toilet lid sank in if I sat on it to put my socks on. Just an fyi, it stops doing that at 150lbs. :)
  • erinxo13
    erinxo13 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    what you said
    and what most other people are saying.
    :cry:
  • hausofnichele
    hausofnichele Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    everything.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    I hated being unable to shop in 'normal' stores. I hated being looked at while I ate in public.

Now I hate being so cold all the time & MISS my fat to keep me warm...even in summer. I hate being looked at while I eat still, I can eat in public & have people look at me like I SHOULD be eating something more than just sushi.

I LOVE shopping in any store I like & not having to try on before I buy.... I can walk in...pick up a size 12 & buy it knowing it WILL fit..... and it does... today I walked in, grabbed 2 skinny jeans & a skinny crop jean & when I got home put them on.... fit like a glove. Not bad for someone who was a size 22 & needed jeans with elastic waists.

I love the fact I am no longer the person I was on the outside...instead I am now the person I always thought of on the inside.... I was always a skinny girl trapped in a fat body. Not anymore.

I didn't work hard to get fat, but I worked hard to get out of it. Totally worth it.
  • LesleyGillan
    Options
    Never getting laid...

Other then that, drinking all the beer, and eating all the food was AWESOME

lol such a guy comment :bigsmile:

I also hate the fact that I can't just go buy the clothes I like, the lack of confidence and the physical stress it puts on my body.
    I have lost all my weight before, but then had 3 more kids....so I know the awesome feeling off being comfortable in your own body and I WILL get there again!!!!
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    For all my big chested-girls, having to go to XL in a shirt or dress when the rest of your torso is a M or L. Just makes things so much worse.
    I hear ya, I'm having the same problem with the local clothes sizes here (I live in Asia) even though my bust is just 33 but my chest and shoulders are a bit wider than the vast majority of the people here. I'm US 0-2 or an XXS but here even if my torso can fit into a S but I have to wear either a M or L coz of my "wide" chest and shoulders brought by the crazy fitting of the garments here :grumble:
  • Funsoaps
    Funsoaps Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Oh where to start?

Being nervous you won't fit well in a seat or bust a chair.

Can't shop in regular stores, want yo wear high heels and sexy boots, belts and normal things like that.

Can't fit into a rid or at least nervous that you won't, same as a table at a restaurant.

Thighs rubbing and chapping

Fat rolls

Clothes loom awful and don't fit

Pictures people take of myself

Belly

Back fat. Under arm fat, cellulite, stretch marks
  • CarlieeBear
    CarlieeBear Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Walking into clothing stores not knowing if they carry curvy sizes.

Ladies, there are guys out there that like us curvy girls. My bf loves me the way I am. He loved me at my heaviest. And he will love me when I'm thin. He asked me out based on my appearance, including my curves. Poor guy...he took me by such surprise he got a maybe and it took me about 3 days to e-mail him a yes.
  • Laddiegirl
    Laddiegirl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I agree that shopping sucks. Clothing for fat girls is either loud/gaudy/trampy looking or like something my grandmother would wear. Last year at my heaviest I bought a shirt for a special even with my boyfriend's family but changed my mind at the last moment. Which was a good thing because his 60-something aunt was wearing the same exact shirt :( Also apparently every fat woman is very tall (I'm 5'3"), with huge breasts (I'm a C cup) and has very long arms and wide shoulders. Not so much.

Seeing a belly sticking out. Now when I look down I see my boobs and then my feet. :)

My round face. I gained a lot of weight in my face but after 30 lbs loss I have my pointy chin back (thats a good thing, lol!) and I've always had a dimple in my left cheek which you can see all the time now instead of just when I smiled when I was at my heaviest.

Being afraid of doing physical activities because I was "too fat" or "so fat I'll look stupid". Today I went ice skating. I haven't done that in at least 5 years because my ankles and knees couldn't take it but I had absolutely no problem and really enjoyed it.
  • TheLittleLebowski
    Options
    The insecurities that come along with it, dating is put on ice because lack of confidence just makes things difficult.
    Life feels like it's been put on hold, making all sorts of plans for when that goal weight is finally reached. Almost using that as an excuse not to do things because I'm too embarrassed to try things while overweight.
  • Alyssa__Lauren
    Alyssa__Lauren Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Not wanting to go to the beach. Which sucks because I love the beach so much :(
  • groversa
    groversa Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I have many cute clothes, but not all of them look cute ON. I want that to change so I can feel confident wearing my clothes!
  • gvheintz
    gvheintz Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    The assumption by the airlines that I need a "belt extender". I have never needed one, but it was humiliating that the stewardess assumed as much. As it is, I don't mind flying, but I always "squish up" so I'm not leaning into the person next to me. I'm looking forward to my next flight to see how much easier it will be than the last time.
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    OMG I was that friend too! I hated everything about it, but mostly how I was treated when I was obese. I was either invisible or looked at with disgust. And this was in the 80s when everybody was thin! And I was in Jr High and High school lol
  • compumomma
    compumomma Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Not being able to wear my wedding rings. They belonged to my grandparents who were married for 65 years before my Grandfather died.
  • Cliffy94
    Cliffy94 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    My lack of self confidence! :-/
    Also knowing that I've messed up a couple of really good relationships due to my low self esteem and insecurities pushing the girls away! You need to learn to love yourself before you can anyone else! And that's what I'm trying to do!
  • gattogurl
    gattogurl Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Word. I hate that too :(
  • gattogurl
    gattogurl Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Sooo well said ..I am 5ft 4.5in..there is at least 6 inches of material on the floor when I try on pants. Yet, the short are just a bit too short.
  • xXxHBICxXx
    xXxHBICxXx Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I hate feeling like I don't fit in with everyone else, shopping for clothes, feeling good in the clothes I buy and feel awkward in front of my husband.