Replies

• repmlrs
    repmlrs Posts: 154
    Options
    its not muscle
  • stasherella
    stasherella Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Tell me about it I wear a 2x coat, but my arms will not fit. I can wear a 18-1x shirt, but again my arms don't fit and don't get me started about breast not fitting.
  • rada3413
    Options
    1) Being so self conscious of the way my clothes fit/don't fit.
    2) The love handles that pooch out over the waistband of my jeans.
    3) The way my thighs rub together when I walk.
    4) The way people look at my expanded body and think to themselves "She's gained weight." They don't have to say it, I can see it in their facial expressions.
    5) How my boobs spill out over the top of my bra.
    6) The person I see in the mirror that I've let down. She deserves to be healthy, fit and happy.
    7) These are all things I can fix by losing just 10% of my body weight, so why am I whining to a support community and not out there working at it?
  • stasherella
    Options
    One major thing that I don't like is when I am standing I am ok, but the moment I sit down I have this roly poly blubber thing going on and my belly and love handles spill out over my pants. I feel like that thing from Star Wars that had the Princess on a leash.
  • stasherella
    Options
    When my confidence feels like ****.

**** you fat.

Exactly this.

felt like that last night at my bosses dinner. Being the only minority and the only "fat" female at a dinner table full of fit tall people eating steaks and cheesecakes drinking wine and enjoying their food while I try to eat dainty and enjoy my lettuce. FRUSTRATING
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    It was weird for me because what was inside of my head never matched outside of my body. I never had an issues with confidence, self esteem, etc but then I'd see a picture of my self and go "oh my god, no way!"...but I didn't feel bad about myself, so I didn't change anything.
    I did not realize how big I'd gotten until I went from a job that I wore scrubs everyday to a job that I had to wear dress/business clothes to. That was extremely shocking and upsetting. That's when it all came together for me and I made a change.
  • myrestlessfeet
    myrestlessfeet Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Being told by the sales lady, "sorry we don't have your size available". it sucks. Also the breathing difficulty during a minor asthma attach that sucks big time but its slowly changing now that am working my way towards a healthier me.
  • tr4gic
    tr4gic Posts: 12
    Options
    Always being the biggest in the room.
    Looking down at yourself in the shower is the worst for me.
  • stasherella
    Options
    I've got one more.

When I can't afford to buy new clothes and the few jeans that I have are beginning to wear thin between the legs where my thighs rub. I have two pair of pants worn thin in the middle and i still wear them I just pray no one sees the hole.
  • cm1458
    cm1458 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    being unhealthy
    most plus size clothes (besides at torrid and such...) were either really ugly, designed for older people, or both!
    inability to comfortably do activities (running, rock climbing, hiking)
    bikini shame
    being made fun of and disrespected by a lot of people
    etc... i could go on.....

and I dont miss any of it :)
    I've still got work to do....

but I still HATE jean shopping.... especially shopping for skinnies. -_- I wear an 8 in reg. pants and have to go up to an 11-13 in skinnies. I HATE it. I know its just a tag... but I still cant stand it.
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    Thinking "oh, I will totally fit into these size 10 jeans they look huge!" and not being able to get them past your thighs.

For all my big chested-girls, having to go to XL in a shirt or dress when the rest of your torso is a M or L. Just makes things so much worse.

^^this^^, except being 5'2" and trying on a huge a** pair of 16 and not being able to button them up, and them being so long , I would have to cut half of them off... and not being able to wear cute clothes because well they sure as heck don't look cute when your a fat a**..

OMG...get out of my head! This was/is my life. Sometimes even petite jeans ( when I can find them) are too long. Buying something as simple as a shirt sucks because the ones that are long enough to hit your hips are also cut so tight that you look like a sausage.

a few years ago I was looking for a new shirt, and finally found something that I thought would be cute and a little floaty so it wouldn't cling to my fat rolls---and might not look like a maternity top. sadly, it WAS a maternity top.
  • peter237
    Options
    Having trousers split on me when I sit down.
    Not being able to go out on the racing bike for snapping wheels
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    When your clothes shrink in the wash

Love it I may have to get a new dryer Mine shrinks my clothes all the time
  • ashesmf
    ashesmf Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Maurices! I live for that store. Can't wait to get to the other side though.
  • vanessa40
    vanessa40 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    No "middle-of-the-road" clothing options for adults. Apparently fat women come in exactly two flavors: 80 years old or super-sassy diva. I don't like pastel tents (Lane Bryant) OR leopard-print leggings (Torrid), so I've just kind of fallen into a rut of ill-fitting jeans and baggy T-shirts. That was fine for middle and high school, but I'm almost 22. As I've slimmed down, more options have become available to me, but now I have no idea what I'm doing, so I usually just reach for what I know anyway.

Plan A for when I reach my goal weight and have a closet full of things that don't fit is still to try to get on one of those TBS makeover shows, like What Not To Wear, so I can both get new clothes and learn how to dress like a grownup in one fell swoop.

I totally agree..
    Back when i was 220 and losing weight it was a nightmare to find anything. Now even at 140 i have a hard time finding pants that fit me because i am 5'2 and since i run and lift my calves and thighs are still big..

Another thing i hate is not being able to just throw anything on and look good. My daughter who is 24 can wear a sack and look awesome. I have to plan plan plan...
  • ritoosh
    ritoosh Posts: 190
    Options
    I've got one more.

When I can't afford to buy new clothes and the few jeans that I have are beginning to wear thin between the legs where my thighs rub. I have two pair of pants worn thin in the middle and i still wear them I just pray no one sees the hole.

this happens to all of my jeans!!!
  • rgohm
    rgohm Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Feeling like an embarrassment to my husband. He isn't embarrassed in the least about my size and has never made me feel inadequate in that department, it is just my own personal feeling. I feel like he is so handsome and here he is married to a huge chick. I always think about what people must think when they see us together. He is by no means "skinny" he struggles with his weight as well, though not as much as I do.

I also hate the back fat along with the fat fingers/hands.

I have a brother who is about 400 lbs and he does NOT wash as well as he should (YUCK) and his wife was complaining that my brother stunk because of his fat rolls and then she looked at me and said "you know what I mean Beck, your big". I just stood there for a few minutes and couldn't even think, then I said " No Tonya, I don't know what you mean because I wash everyday and here is the secret to not stinking, I use SOAP".

What a Biyatch!
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    so yesterday i went to a club with a friend of mine who is totally stunning and the events that happened all night made me think of the one thing i hate bout going to a bar or club

i hate the fact that when i go to a bar or club im always the "grenade" friend and all the guys use to me to get to my friend im with for the night!

what about u?

lol I'm always that person but I'm not over weight...maybe I'm just the ugly one :P

Personally I just couldn't stand the fact that my heart was always beating out of my chest and I was sweating constantly and was always sitting on my *kitten*.
  • When you have been hearing that you are "fat" for most of your life. Family is also slowly giving up on you. Don't feel attractive even though you feel like you are the ultimate catch (not being cocky)
    Waking up every morning feeling like its a chore.
    I wanna get my life back!
  • feeling embarrassed to go in public. So instead you just stay home.