what do you hate about being "fat"

Options
so yesterday i went to a club with a friend of mine who is totally stunning and the events that happened all night made me think of the one thing i hate bout going to a bar or club

i hate the fact that when i go to a bar or club im always the "grenade" friend and all the guys use to me to get to my friend im with for the night!

what about u?

Replies

• SwimFan1981
    SwimFan1981 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Not being as healthy as I could be
  • keithmustloseweight
    Options
    Hot dogs
  • bettacheckyoself
    Options
    When your clothes shrink in the wash
  • meetmyalterego
    Options
    Thinking "oh, I will totally fit into these size 10 jeans they look huge!" and not being able to get them past your thighs.

For all my big chested-girls, having to go to XL in a shirt or dress when the rest of your torso is a M or L. Just makes things so much worse.
  • Ivey05131980
    Ivey05131980 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Being told my face is pretty and when I lose weight I will be something else...pssht!!!!
  • tehzephyrsong
    tehzephyrsong Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    No "middle-of-the-road" clothing options for adults. Apparently fat women come in exactly two flavors: 80 years old or super-sassy diva. I don't like pastel tents (Lane Bryant) OR leopard-print leggings (Torrid), so I've just kind of fallen into a rut of ill-fitting jeans and baggy T-shirts. That was fine for middle and high school, but I'm almost 22. As I've slimmed down, more options have become available to me, but now I have no idea what I'm doing, so I usually just reach for what I know anyway.

Plan A for when I reach my goal weight and have a closet full of things that don't fit is still to try to get on one of those TBS makeover shows, like What Not To Wear, so I can both get new clothes and learn how to dress like a grownup in one fell swoop.
  • Crookey21
    Crookey21 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Not being the guy girls wanna date
  • LetsMakeupXtina
    LetsMakeupXtina Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    the way clothes fit for sure!!! and having a lack of confidence... and just not feeling pretty, period.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Never getting laid...

Other then that, drinking all the beer, and eating all the food was AWESOME
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    I hate not feeling desirable. ):

Even when guys ARE checking me out, I don't recognize it because I think there's nothing worth checking out. And that's irritating.
  • celshade
    celshade Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    so yesterday i went to a club with a friend of mine who is totally stunning and the events that happened all night made me think of the one thing i hate bout going to a bar or club

i hate the fact that when i go to a bar or club im always the "grenade" friend and all the guys use to me to get to my friend im with for the night!

what about u?

I don't recommend participating in the club scene to anyone who is struggling with the emotional ups and downs of losing weight. It can be a hurtful environment that leads to bad choices in food and drink.
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options

Even when guys ARE checking me out, I don't recognize it because I think there's nothing worth checking out. And that's irritating.

Pretty much this.
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    Fat shaming,
    anti-fatness,
    fatphobia.
  • WeekndOVOXO
    WeekndOVOXO Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    When my confidence feels like ****.

**** you fat.
  • Mrs_Fit
    Mrs_Fit Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Plus size clothing is so ugly. It looks like something you would buy your grandma and then on the other end they have all this tight stuff that really isn't flattering. If you do happen to find something descent, it is way over priced. In a nutshell, smaller sizes=better looking clothing for cheaper prices and a lot more variety.
  • LetsMakeupXtina
    LetsMakeupXtina Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    When my confidence feels like ****.

**** you fat.

amen.
  • starfish1783
    Options

I'll second that one! I hate feeling so down on myself when I know that I'm better than that. Trying to get healthy body AND mind wise so I can recognize that I am a person of worth and dammit - a guy should be lucky to have me! :happy:
  • skinnybitchbarbie27
    Options
    The looks I used to get when walking into any restaurant. The jokes, from anyone saying the food was going to be gone to the scoffs on the outfit I was wearing. Walking around the mall black friday in years past and not being able to physically last all night with my own family. Walking into a torrid store hoping to god that they had the certain item in size 26 or size 4x. Laying on my back and not being able to breathe from smashing my own weight against my body. Having to wear flip flop sandals because my feet were so large that nothing felt comfortable. Getting kicked off rides at Six Flags because the seats wouldn't shut. Not admitting to my mother and sister that I couldn't buckle my seatbelt (this one was one of the worst). Not being able to go to the movies unless I knew the seats had the armrests that came up. Walking through the bar or club and feeling like people were literally getting out of my way to stare. Hearing laughing and knowing it is about you. Having more women hit on you than men (I love the ladies but I like it real if you know what I'm sayin). Cutting my hair short, dying it black, getting a **** ton of piercings because I didn't fit in. Depression.

There are so many others.
  • WeekndOVOXO
    WeekndOVOXO Posts: 779 Member
    Options

I'll second that one! I hate feeling so down on myself when I know that I'm better than that. Trying to get healthy body AND mind wise so I can recognize that I am a person of worth and dammit - a guy should be lucky to have me! :happy:

This applies to everyone here who's ever let their appearance dictate their emotions. Its a constant struggle for most.

Well said.
  • JennC831
    JennC831 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I hated when my thighs would rub, had back fat, flabby arms and extra wide hips!