what do you hate about being "fat"

Options

Replies

• WeekndOVOXO
    WeekndOVOXO Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Shopping

nothing worse that going into the dressing room and thinking "just f'ing fit"...and it being too snug.

I purposely buy clothes that's too tight. So that in a couple months they fit me.

I by my **** online. and I refuse to return anything I buy.

I Had this neck shirt for over a year and I FINALLY got that ****er on and it looked good. Nothing like visualizing your goal and then seeing it in front of you.

Next time you're out and some things too tigbt . **** it. Buy it and in a couple months from then you'll see yourself how far you've gone.
  • zaithyr
    zaithyr Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Stranger: "When are you due?" or "Are you having a boy or a girl?"

Me: "Oh, I'm not pregnant!"

Stranger: "So you just had a baby?"

The conversation turns from awkward to REALLY awkward pretty quick. As I've been losing weight I've been getting asked more frequently - WTF! So now I end the conversation with "My husband & I don't want to have kids. It''s just residual fat from last year."

On Black Friday I went to walmart to look for a baby's first christmas ornament for my son (he's 11 months old). The lady that worked there that I was asking about the ornament looked at me and said, "Are you due to have a baby before christmas?". Even though I'm close to 50 lbs lighter than I was when I had my son, I still look pregnant. Talk about depressing!
  • Syderelli
    Syderelli Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Dancing and feeling my tummy move around A LOT. eww.
  • Icelandic_Saga
    Icelandic_Saga Posts: 2,926 Member
    Options
    Stretch Marks :grumble:
  • ChristinaR720
    Options
    Being seen as someone who's not worth getting to know. It's amazing how people seemingly measure a person's worth by what they look like on the outside.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    The thing I hate the most is trying to shop for clothes.
  • fcp1234
    fcp1234 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    NO wonder why girls have no confidence today, the clothes keep getting smaller and the sizes keep getting bigger on the tag I think it's because these stores want us to feel like fat *kitten* and we are all suppose to look like coked up supermodels. I recently just got into a 12 jeans damn it's no 2 but it feels great, f*** what people think.

Do you think there might be a chance that people keep getting fatter, instead?
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    No "middle-of-the-road" clothing options for adults. Apparently fat women come in exactly two flavors: 80 years old or super-sassy diva. I don't like pastel tents (Lane Bryant) OR leopard-print leggings (Torrid), so I've just kind of fallen into a rut of ill-fitting jeans and baggy T-shirts. That was fine for middle and high school, but I'm almost 22. As I've slimmed down, more options have become available to me, but now I have no idea what I'm doing, so I usually just reach for what I know anyway.

Plan A for when I reach my goal weight and have a closet full of things that don't fit is still to try to get on one of those TBS makeover shows, like What Not To Wear, so I can both get new clothes and learn how to dress like a grownup in one fell swoop.

OMG! This one! Hated not being able to find nice things in a larger size. Yesterday went to my favorite thrift store (25% off sale) and was so thrilled that I had so many choices now that I am no longer considered "plus size".
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    When your clothes shrink in the wash

this - stupid washing machine.
  • gotogirl81
    gotogirl81 Posts: 278 Member
    Options

Me: "Oh, I'm not pregnant!"

Stranger: "So you just had a baby?"

The conversation turns from awkward to REALLY awkward pretty quick. As I've been losing weight I've been getting asked more frequently - WTF! So now I end the conversation with "My husband & I don't want to have kids. It''s just residual fat from last year."

I Totally had this happen to me.. how about being in NYC wanting to go on the Ferris wheel in ToysRus and the guy was like are you pregnant.. granted this was 3 years ago around my heaviest of 240lbs... but still. NOT a good feeling at all. I seriously wanted to punch him in the throat.
    Also I used to work at Target around that time.. and would have to lift heavy things off shelves sometimes.. I was helping a customer get something off a shelf and she was like ohhh dont lift that with you being pregnant. I was like Nope. Not pregnant. and she was like oohh you look like my friend when she was expecting.
    THANNNNKSS.....

I also wanted to add that I really dislike my " apple shape" and I know even at my lightest weight 2 years ago around 185 I still carry all my weight in my belly.
    Being taller 5"7 for a gal, I carry it well or so people say, I'm just hoping I can get more hourglass shaped in my waist/hips when I'm near goal of 165.
  • Aqua_Girl92
    Options
    Feeling the rub of my thighs against each other when I walk
    Being conscious when my muffin-top
    Not having that feeling of confidence when I was smaller
  • gypsyrose64
    gypsyrose64 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    - Shopping sucks, if you have any sense of style.
    - Back and knee problems from years of toting too much weight around.
    - Not being able to do activities I once did and having physical limitations too soon.
    - Feeling invisible sometimes, when people seem to look through me.
    - Watching my marriage fall apart when my ex couldn't stand my "fatness".
    - Not being a better role model for my kids.
    - Shame from letting myself get here, when I was fit the first half of my life.
    - Having a potential BF tell me I'd be the perfect woman "if I just lost weight".

To the OP: I had the same problem 3yrs ago. I ditch the friend and quit going to clubs. Got tired of men pushing me aside to get to her, when she was batsh*t crazy and only looking for a paycheck. ::rolls eyes::
  • Jpinpoint
    Jpinpoint Posts: 219 Member
    Options

:noway: WHAT???!! Oh my god, I can't even imagine a stranger would ask such a thing unless you were sitting in the OB-GYN office or standing around with your hand resting on your tummy shelf. heh

People who can ask such a thing shouldn't be allowed to speak, EVER AGAIN.
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    I'm almost at my goal weight, but before, what I hated most was that I FELT fat. I felt like a slug; sitting, watching tv, i literally just felt like a pile of lard. Also, the muffin top. Which is almost all gone, now. :)

Anyone who's still working on it, you've got this! It's not easy, but nothing worth having is! Never lose faith in yourself.
  • ChinniP
    ChinniP Posts: 166 Member
    Options

:noway: WHAT???!! Oh my god, I can't even imagine a stranger would ask such a thing unless you were sitting in the OB-GYN office or standing around with your hand resting on your tummy shelf. heh

People who can ask such a thing shouldn't be allowed to speak, EVER AGAIN.

Maybe I just look too old to be mistaken for pregnant instead of just round ... but nobody has ever asked me that and I have quite a belly!
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    i hate how uncomfortable i feel. sitting down my belly fat constricts my breathing. i can barely get up from a sitting positon. i look at myself in the mirror after my shower and feel shame.

i hate that i cant look at myself and say anything positive.
  • NakedLunchTime
    Options
    NO wonder why girls have no confidence today, the clothes keep getting smaller and the sizes keep getting bigger on the tag I think it's because these stores want us to feel like fat *kitten* and we are all suppose to look like coked up supermodels. I recently just got into a 12 jeans damn it's no 2 but it feels great, f*** what people think.

I have to agree, I have been the same size for years and I always buy the same sizes in clothes that I always have. They fit like they used to.
  • fcp1234
    fcp1234 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options

I have to agree, I have been the same size for years and I always buy the same sizes in clothes that I always have. They fit like they used to.

When you look at old family pictures, or old movies, you dont see anybody fat..
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    The thing I hate most about being fat is the impact that it's had on my overall health and my ability to do certain things that I love. Aside from that, being a large, fat mammal didn't really bother me.
  • NakedLunchTime
    Options

When you look at old family pictures, or old movies, you dont see anybody fat..

It's true! I mean, I can only speak for myself and the clothing that I buy, but it doesn't seem to be made smaller than it has been made in the past.