what do you hate about being "fat"

Options

Replies

• ssotogarcia
    Options
    O and the fact that they started making fat girls clothing sizes "0-4" so we feel better. Just makes u more depressed cause they had to invent a size so a fat girl would feel more comfortable shopping for smaller numbered clothes. Uggg
    I'm sorry in going to have to disagree with you no where is a 0-4 fat and I'm personally offended thanks

Department stores are using sizes 0-4 in plus size now.0 is a 16, 1 is an 18, etc... Not saying 0-4 are fat. But designers decided plus size ppl needed a smaller number to feel better. I personally feel better buying a 16 instead of a plus size 1.

^^ Lane Bryant does this and I find it to be so fecking condescending. It's like look I'm not shopping here for you to tell me I wear a size 5 ( really 24), and it's embarrassing to see that number knowing damn well I need at least 4 pairs of real size 5 jeans to make one pair for myself.

I now order all my clothing online.
    [/quote

Torrid, Maurice's, Fashion bug... Yep hate it
  • Starla_
    Starla_ Posts: 349
    Options
    One of the things I hated most about being fat was how much harder it was to move with extra weight and fat jiggling off me. It was an effort to do anything without fat getting in the way.

I hated having my stomach sit in my lap, I hated struggling to roll over in bed or getting out of bed with no grace at all. I hated feeling like a whale. I hated how my footsteps got louder. I hated how I waddled. I hated how I would put on something I thought I looked halfway decent in and then when I'd see a picture I wouldn't recognise who I was. I hated that I was in denial about how much weight I had gained for so long.

The weight was just laziness made worse by how miserable I felt and how much I thought I didn't deserve any better. I hated who I was and I let myself get fat. The extra weight just made it a more physical representation of the self loathing I had.
  • MrMax
    MrMax Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    People making assumptions about how I eat. Like thinking that I constantly stuff myself with fried food, cakes, and pies.

Random strangers at the store saying how fat or ugly I am.
  • mdyorston
    Options
    O and the fact that they started making fat girls clothing sizes "0-4" so we feel better. Just makes u more depressed cause they had to invent a size so a fat girl would feel more comfortable shopping for smaller numbered clothes. Uggg
    I'm sorry in going to have to disagree with you no where is a 0-4 fat and I'm personally offended thanks

certain plus size stores hove changed their sizing....a 0 at lane bryant is a far cry from a 0 at the limited or wherever. They do it to make "us" feel better
  • bmahoney89
    Options
    When guys mention how good another womens body is in front of you... :( insecurities creep in!
  • bridgelene
    bridgelene Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    My increased health risks. My mom started with health problems WAY too young and weighing a lot less than me. I haven't followed in her footsteps yet, and am trying to decrease the risk as much as one can.
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    The clothes are tacky! Why would one store make 'regular' and 'plus' but make them different clothes. one is cute, one is ugly.
    Just make the same damn clothes in sizes 0-24 or whatever. GRRRR. Plus size clothes are usually fairly tacky unless you can afford the higher end stores.
  • CarlieeBear
    CarlieeBear Posts: 325 Member
    Options

Department stores are using sizes 0-4 in plus size now.0 is a 16, 1 is an 18, etc... Not saying 0-4 are fat. But designers decided plus size ppl needed a smaller number to feel better. I personally feel better buying a 16 instead of a plus size 1.

^^ Lane Bryant does this and I find it to be so fecking condescending. It's like look I'm not shopping here for you to tell me I wear a size 5 ( really 24), and it's embarrassing to see that number knowing damn well I need at least 4 pairs of real size 5 jeans to make one pair for myself.

Torrid, Maurice's, Fashion bug... Yep hate it

The Lane Bryant stores I've been in still use normal numbers for clothing. I haven't been in those others. I've only noticed it at Target and I find it confusing. I didn't know the size correlations and did not like wearing a 3 or 4, which seemed like 3x and 4x to me. I feel a little better now.

I've never been in Torrid, but have seen it and thought what a horrid name for a store...esp. a plus size store.
  • chavaaguirre
    chavaaguirre Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Never getting laid...

Other then that, drinking all the beer, and eating all the food was AWESOME

NO SHT!
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Oh I dunno at Lane Bryant you can usually get a sequined, flower printed sack for "only" 99.50. :tongue:
  • mayramortician
    Options
    Being bullyed by family member that I' m eatings lot. They say to stop eating. They point out that I gained weight. I didn't want to gain this weight even though they know that I gained the weight from taking seroquel xr which also ****ed up my metabolism.
  • mdyorston
    Options
    Feeling like an embarrassment to my husband. He isn't embarrassed in the least about my size and has never made me feel inadequate in that department, it is just my own personal feeling. I feel like he is so handsome and here he is married to a huge chick. I always think about what people must think when they see us together. He is by no means "skinny" he struggles with his weight as well, though not as much as I do.

I also hate the back fat along with the fat fingers/hands.

I have a brother who is about 400 lbs and he does NOT wash as well as he should (YUCK) and his wife was complaining that my brother stunk because of his fat rolls and then she looked at me and said "you know what I mean Beck, your big". I just stood there for a few minutes and couldn't even think, then I said " No Tonya, I don't know what you mean because I wash everyday and here is the secret to not stinking, I use SOAP".

What a Biyatch!

OMG! so rude, glad you responded. I know sometimes I'm just too dumbfounded to even think
  • m8605
    m8605 Posts: 102
    Options
    The possibility of being turned down because of my size as I think I've said before....something I guess a lot of us might share. When I see my self in a photograph or video I'm basically all "you fat b.....which increases my motivation to lose weight. I'm fine with my body otherwise, its just when I see it in a photograph or video.

When I was getting fit for a tuxedo for a concert band performance once guy the guy fitting me said "I'm/We're gonna turn you into a star" - and I wanted to puch the b...." . I already hate having other people stare at me when trying new clothes on. This goes for anybody. I didn't need that.

At my football/"soccer" stadium I volunteer at my boss had to order uniforms in my size for me i think the first year... er no.. he didn't have any and I had to wear a uniform a size smaller. Since then we've had em in stock.

I'll add to that: seeing a bunch of tall, ripped, college guys on a team and realize you're nowhere near them, in height alone lol... watching the girlfriends wait for their boyfriends on the team after the games.
  • shaggerty410
    shaggerty410 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have a twin sister who is a size 1 and looks good in EVERYTHING she wears. It sucks being the "fat" twin!
  • Mloveb913
    Mloveb913 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Going in the store and loving all the clothes on the skinny side and having to go to the plus size area and the clothes look so ugly in greys and blacks, dresses look like my moms curtains...
  • volume77
    volume77 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Yea seroquel did the same to me its horrible
  • m8605
    m8605 Posts: 102
    Options
    I have a twin sister who is a size 1 and looks good in EVERYTHING she wears. It sucks being the "fat" twin!

You look pretty
  • mjhedgehog
    mjhedgehog Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    The clothes are tacky! Why would one store make 'regular' and 'plus' but make them different clothes. one is cute, one is ugly.
    Just make the same damn clothes in sizes 0-24 or whatever. GRRRR. Plus size clothes are usually fairly tacky unless you can afford the higher end stores.

idk if you have a Shopko around you but their regular and plus section usually have the same exact clothes in both departments (usually). Their juniors is different though.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    How it makes me feel like I never look good, no matter what I do.
  • mdyorston
    Options

Just being in their store is an admission that you are not an actual size 2...they could make sizes A,B, C and you would still be in the big girl store! Their right fight, color coded stuff doesn't help me either. I am thick in the middle but have nice legs so either I fit my waist and minimize my legs or accentuate my legs and walk around with a big red mark around my waist.........decisions, decisions.......