what do you hate about being "fat"

Options

Replies

• fakeplastictree
    fakeplastictree Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I always had that problem too. I was always the 'fat' one. But even now 35lbs lighter I still never get hit on. I think it's personality more so on that issue. But the thing I hate the most is the way I feel. I hate feeling gross. lol Thats just the way I feel I look and I hate it. I know it's a mental thing but it's the issue I have.
  • Ellas_Time_4_Change
    Options
    EVERYTHING!!!

Absolutely yes EVERYTHING!!
  • betoarango
    betoarango Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Ive looked at many of the posters, and see a lot of good looking people... many have lost dozens of lbs and look very little like "the fatty" they still feel they are.. I can relate as ive been told how much better I look and only now do I start to see a change... Maybe the image problem has nothing to do with the mirror image, but my self image, I had to let Fatty go and meet "Studly"

In many ways "fatty" didnt have to take some chances "Studly"has to take, talk to girls, strut up to the boss and demand a raise, dress well cause there is a chance someone will give me the eye tonight.. Fatty could sit at the bar and sing, miserable yes, safe yes as well....

So I guess that part of turning into "studly" is acting studly, being confident and cool, and letting go of the chip on my shoulder that wonders if the person Im talking to at the moment would have thought I was cool 35 lbs ago..
  • Jpinpoint
    Jpinpoint Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    :sad:

I don't have many issues with being "fat". My only thought to being "fat" is when I have to fly. I always fit in the seat with plenty of room on each side of me but I always worry I won't and it will be a horrible thing for me and for my seat neighbor.

Clothes: I buy what I like and then I get it tailored. (This is NOT expensive)
    Bars/Clubs: I'm not the "fat" friend. I would UNFRIEND any friend who thought I could be their "Fat Wingman". Any dude who uses ME to get to my friend will find out quickly that is not how we do it. Direct or not at all.
    Self Esteem: I have so much of it. I'm smart, educated, employed perfectly, I'm sarcastic, witty, all around normal. I would kick anyone in the man nuts or girl nuts who wants to challenge that (IRL).

So, yea I have second thoughts about being the "fat" person someone is forced to sit next to on a flight for 6 hours.
  • StephCoff1969
    Options
    Thinking "oh, I will totally fit into these size 10 jeans they look huge!" and not being able to get them past your thighs.

For all my big chested-girls, having to go to XL in a shirt or dress when the rest of your torso is a M or L. Just makes things so much worse.

^^this^^, except being 5'2" and trying on a huge a** pair of 16 and not being able to button them up, and them being so long , I would have to cut half of them off... and not being able to wear cute clothes because well they sure as heck don't look cute when your a fat a**..
  • fattoskinnywinny
    Options
    People not being attracted to me when I am just as beautiful as the little girls. Even when I lose my weight I am not going to look like a stick figure I still want those curves.
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    I'm in the 12-14 sizes, and I hate being too big for the regular stores and too small for the plus size stores. Bras are the worst. I'm going to resort to tension bandages if this keeps up.
  • fattoskinnywinny
    Options
    What you just said described my feelings perfectly:happy:
  • Roeri011
    Roeri011 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Stranger: "When are you due?" or "Are you having a boy or a girl?"

Me: "Oh, I'm not pregnant!"

Stranger: "So you just had a baby?"

The conversation turns from awkward to REALLY awkward pretty quick. As I've been losing weight I've been getting asked more frequently - WTF! So now I end the conversation with "My husband & I don't want to have kids. It''s just residual fat from last year."
  • vice350z
    vice350z Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    feeling unattractive
    knowing its unhealthy
    clothes in my closet that don't currently fit me
    feeling like the "funny" guy out of the group when me and my buds go out
    knowing i shouldn't be eating the way I do but still do anyway.
    I avoid pictures cuz i hate how i look

We had a small gathering at work a few months ago...i sat on a table thingy near a light switch and i bumped it accidentally shutting off the lights for a few seconds....I just said "sorry, my back fat hit the switch"...it got laughs. I tend to poke fun at myself.
  • WeekndOVOXO
    WeekndOVOXO Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Ive looked at many of the posters, and see a lot of good looking people... many have lost dozens of lbs and look very little like "the fatty" they still feel they are..
    Some of us have to let go of fatty

Happens to a lot of us. A lot of people have complimented me on my progress but I still see the fat sack I was a couple years ago. People want more.

That's why that big guy in the gym that used to be pinner will always see himself as a stick even though he's huge.

We are our worse critics.
  • hippy2skippy
    hippy2skippy Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Seriously, I HATE my thighs rubbing together and causing shorts to "ride up" in the inner thigh area. Blech! I stopped wearing shorts because of it.
  • ChinniP
    ChinniP Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Stranger: "When are you due?" or "Are you having a boy or a girl?"

:noway: WHAT???!! Oh my god, I can't even imagine a stranger would ask such a thing unless you were sitting in the OB-GYN office or standing around with your hand resting on your tummy shelf. heh
  • Shanel0916
    Shanel0916 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Shopping
  • BITEME_GRRR
    BITEME_GRRR Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I hate the way my thighs touch when im on the treadmill and the donut around my gut i have to stare at every ****ing day
  • Katfor508
    Options
    NO wonder why girls have no confidence today, the clothes keep getting smaller and the sizes keep getting bigger on the tag I think it's because these stores want us to feel like fat *kitten* and we are all suppose to look like coked up supermodels. I recently just got into a 12 jeans damn it's no 2 but it feels great, f*** what people think.
  • vice350z
    vice350z Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Shopping

nothing worse that going into the dressing room and thinking "just f'ing fit"...and it being too snug.
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Feeling like I'm never enough...
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    While I no longer consider myself fat, I vividly remember not liking it when I was.

I hated having to use Glide on my thighs before I could walk. Muffin top. Food coming up my throat if I bent over. Wearing size 16-18 jeans. Not being able to wear my seatbelt on my lap. I'm a former firefighter/emt and I knew what damage could be done to my abdomen/internal organs! Looking like I was pregnant. Not being able to see my feet in the shower. Not having a towel fit around me. Being out of breath from walking 20ft. No energy and wanting to sleep all the time. Wearing tents.

You all can do this. You are here, you want change and it will happen. Work hard and be proud of yourselves!
  • hippy2skippy
    hippy2skippy Posts: 98 Member
    Options

For all my big chested-girls, having to go to XL in a shirt or dress when the rest of your torso is a M or L. Just makes things so much worse.

Yep, I totally agree, even worse when the top area is XL and the pants/bottoms are small. Ugh!