what do you hate about being "fat"

Options

Replies

• lovelyMYlovely
    lovelyMYlovely Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    i hate being jealous of people...
    i hate being jealous that some girl will just take my man because im not perfect
    i just really hate being jealous... i wanna be happy with myself and something someone is jealous of....
  • iorahkwano
    iorahkwano Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I'm not really fat, but I despise high quality flash photography or broad daylight photos of my belly. Phone pictures are somewhat forgiving, even flattering in dim light. But stark clear bikini photo of myself? Eh... I hate seeing my rolls, dimples/wrinkles in my muscleless belly! And I've never even had kids or been overweight, my stomach just refuses to be tight & smooth. Some chub bunches up below my bikini top. Of course there's not much chub in the ACTUAL bikini top!

Apple body problems...
  • littlewhittles
    littlewhittles Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    so yesterday i went to a club with a friend of mine who is totally stunning and the events that happened all night made me think of the one thing i hate bout going to a bar or club

i hate the fact that when i go to a bar or club im always the "grenade" friend and all the guys use to me to get to my friend im with for the night!

what about u?

Yeah, I'm the buffer friend, always saving my hot friends from creepers. Not that I want a creeper to hit on me, but it does make me feel gross. :(
  • CookieCrumble
    CookieCrumble Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Ive looked at many of the posters, and see a lot of good looking people... many have lost dozens of lbs and look very little like "the fatty" they still feel they are.. I can relate as ive been told how much better I look and only now do I start to see a change... Maybe the image problem has nothing to do with the mirror image, but my self image, I had to let Fatty go and meet "Studly"

In many ways "fatty" didn't have to take some chances "Studly"has to take, talk to girls, strut up to the boss and demand a raise, dress well cause there is a chance someone will give me the eye tonight.. Fatty could sit at the bar and sing, miserable yes, safe yes as well....

So I guess that part of turning into "studly" is acting studly, being confident and cool, and letting go of the chip on my shoulder that wonders if the person I'm talking to at the moment would have thought I was cool 35 lbs ago..

I love this, so very true. Sometimes, just sometimes, I can be a total man-magnet without trying - or even noticing. Other times, I can shrink into the wallpaper. The only thing that's different is my attitude to me, nothing whatsoever to do with my weight, just my perception of it and how I feel about myself.
  • brendaschmitt1
    Options
    I hate that I always gain weight on my face and I have this fat under my chin. My face is naturally round so when I gain weight my face gets fattter. Can't wait to lose more so my face will get skinny and my double chin will go away.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I hate that weight goes to my stomach first, even if it's just 5 lbs of "water weight" it's always in my belly and I muffin top all over the place till I can flush out the excess.
  • brendaschmitt1
    Options
    Something else i really hate is that i want to have another kid but do not want to gain more weight again. So my weight is holding me back from have a baby.
  • WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I hate that I cannot wear a skirt or a dress without something under because my thighs will rub together and it will get so painful that I can no longer walk.
  • ritoosh
    ritoosh Posts: 190
    Options
    so yesterday i went to a club with a friend of mine who is totally stunning and the events that happened all night made me think of the one thing i hate bout going to a bar or club

i hate the fact that when i go to a bar or club im always the "grenade" friend and all the guys use to me to get to my friend im with for the night!

what about u?

Yeah, I'm the buffer friend, always saving my hot friends from creepers. Not that I want a creeper to hit on me, but it does make me feel gross. :(

lol oh i dont "save" whoever im with right away, unless it my best best friend cause she does the same to me.

dont get me wrong i get guys who hit on me for me. but there the creepy ones or ones who arent my type! lol but its just the ones who hit on me to get to her that annoys me.

like that night this guy comes up to me "you look really familiar i think i know you"
    "you do? from where? *ignores my question and goes straight to the friend*
    lol...oh well...he was pretty short too. probably 5'2" 5'3"

but ya. almost what all of you are saying also hits home to me too!
  • ritoosh
    ritoosh Posts: 190
    Options
    I hate that I cannot wear a skirt or a dress without something under because my thighs will rub together and it will get so painful that I can no longer walk.

story of my life =\
  • TillyMomma
    Options
    When my confidence feels like ****.

**** you fat.

Exactly this.
  • iamthatgirl1
    Options
    Always being the biggest female. Never finding cute clothes that look good on me. Never feeling attractive or sexy.
  • PinkyKiwii
    PinkyKiwii Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Im not sure theres anything i DONT hate about it :grumble:
  • koshkasmum
    koshkasmum Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Diabetes. High blood pressure. High cholesterol. High risk of heart didease and stroke. Kidney disease from the diabetes. Eye disease and potential blindness from the diabetes, Risk of neuropathy and amputations from the diabetes. Inability to exercise without pain. Inability to find exercise/sports clothing that fits. Sales clerks in LuluLemon telling me to try losing 30 pounds and then come back to see if I can fit into any of their merchandise. Trying to do yoga around a Buddha belly. Having to work so hard to keep it all from getting me down....
  • JustANumber85
    JustANumber85 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    going clothes shopping. You find that perfect outfit but you cant have it because it only comes in size 4 rather than 14. :(
  • karylee44
    Options
    Lack of confidence.
    Clothing that doesnt fit right
    Wanting to hide your body in long baggy clothing
  • flatblade
    flatblade Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Shame. I didn't feel like I could be myself when I was so fat. After 72 lbs. that is gone!
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    When your clothes shrink in the wash

Or realizing it wasn't the clothes shrinking which was actually the problem. :angry:
  • SadKitty27
    SadKitty27 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    No "middle-of-the-road" clothing options for adults. Apparently fat women come in exactly two flavors: 80 years old or super-sassy diva. I don't like pastel tents (Lane Bryant) OR leopard-print leggings (Torrid), so I've just kind of fallen into a rut of ill-fitting jeans and baggy T-shirts. That was fine for middle and high school, but I'm almost 22. As I've slimmed down, more options have become available to me, but now I have no idea what I'm doing, so I usually just reach for what I know anyway.

Plan A for when I reach my goal weight and have a closet full of things that don't fit is still to try to get on one of those TBS makeover shows, like What Not To Wear, so I can both get new clothes and learn how to dress like a grownup in one fell swoop.

You should check and see if you have a Cato store near you. They have some great plus sized clothes that give you much better options.

Personally, I'm the last size before plus (and hopefully going down jeans wise,) but once and awhile I'm able to pick up a plus sized shirt on account of my huge chest (my waist is normal, but my chest prevents me from wearing a lot of normal shirts sadly.)

I have one of these stores near me, and it's the only place I'll shop. It doesn't hurt that the store is quiet, and hardly anyone goes there in my town, and they're very reasonably priced (I'm talking 7-10 dollar shirts on clearance, and 20-30 dollar jeans normally priced btw....The best part is that the clothes are MUCH better quality than lets say Walmart or something.)

Also, I'm much too ashamed to go shopping in a big store - I feel like people stare and it makes me uncomfortable because I'm so self conscious. Then again, I have a social anxiety disorder.

Source:

http://www.catofashions.com/