what do you hate about being "fat"

Options

Replies

• sophasaurusxx
    Options
    Clothes shopping, embarassing and stressful.
  • honey_bee_keysha
    honey_bee_keysha Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    The fact that I never recognized myself as fat. Looking back now I see exactly how fat I was, but when I was fat I would always tell myself I wasn't that fat. But now I totally see it, and it bothers me that I let it go for so long.

This^
  • prmaan
    prmaan Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Feeling like I'm wrapped in a shell, figuratively and literally. I grew up as a chunky kid and never realized until I got older how much it inhibited me more in a non-physical way. It has kept me from being the person I want to be and who I feel like I am. It's suffocating!
    For me, I feel as if when someone sees an overweight person they instantly access that they're a failure...which makes it easy to never really try hard because the bar's been lowered.

While I'm like most other people and drool at the thought of being able to be and look healthy, have more options as far as style goes, etc.; I really just want to lose weight to be able to really mean it when I say "I don't care what anyone else thinks". <---This is the worse thing about being fat!
  • ktdiddy
    ktdiddy Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    The way my mind is pre-programmed to do the things I did when I was 20kg heavier like avoid photos, go for the size large in everything, obsess over my image in the mirror - should I actually be wearing this singlet, do my arms look too fat? Is this skirt too short, can everyone see my cellulity calves?
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Pudgy kneecaps. I've never been in love with my thighs or knees, but I wore a bathing suit in public, on purpose this past summer and I actually look good in those pictures. I'm not yet where I want to be, but I never thought I would look at a picture of me in a bathing suit and actually like it.
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Not being able to share clothes with my friends when we would be getting ready to go out. Incidentally, all of them gained weight and I lost weight so I STILL can't share clothes with them hahahaha.
  • windycitycupcake
    windycitycupcake Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Not being able to share clothes with my friends when we would be getting ready to go out.

this
  • twentytwelve12
    twentytwelve12 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    my fat stomach, not being able to wear the clothes that I'd like to wear
  • jamie610811
    jamie610811 Posts: 1,735 Member
    Options
    not seeing my penis when I look down
  • SeaRunner26
    SeaRunner26 Posts: 5,143 Member
    Options
    the way I think other people think of me. especially strangers. pretty stupid and shallow.
  • Hbazzell
    Hbazzell Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    I hate wondering how my husband could ever be attracted to me when he is so amazing looking and I often feel like a hippo with cellulite :(
  • makaiya
    makaiya Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Not taking pictures because I'm huge and ugly.

I hate how fat my arms are.
  • jcriscuolo
    jcriscuolo Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I hate that I get exhausted so quickly.

This!
  • obolton756
    obolton756 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Shaving your legs is like doing yoga...
  • icelollymad
    icelollymad Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Going to a club with my best mate (who is HOT) and everybody ignoring me - feeling like a potato :(
  • IvanDimitrov
    Options
    Had to cut the nails on my feet in breaks + a lot of the above posts.
  • mommyred35
    mommyred35 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    CANKLES!!!!! I wish I could wear boots
  • SorchaEilis
    SorchaEilis Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    When your clothes shrink in the wash

^^ This, especially when I have to face reality and admit that my clothes didn't shrink, I grew :-/

I happy that lately my clothes seem to be growing in the wash :-)
  • TheBeerRunner
    TheBeerRunner Posts: 2,777 Member
    Options
    I'm uncomfortable in social situations, and I'm tired of my lower back pain, which all the extra weight only makes worse. I'd like to not be the picture of the average overweight American male either.
  • rockangel8907
    rockangel8907 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Being constantly overlooked. I've come to the conclusion that I'm not fat, I'm invisible. I couldn't get a guys attention if I ran down the street in flames with a pack of wild dogs chasing me.