what do you hate about being "fat"

Options

Replies

• Cindib13
    Cindib13 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Being constantly overlooked. I've come to the conclusion that I'm not fat, I'm invisible. I couldn't get a guys attention if I ran down the street in flames with a pack of wild dogs chasing me.

Exactly how I feel. I see guys breaking their necks to check out smaller ladies. I would love to be noticed once in a while.
  • KimLovesDon
    KimLovesDon Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    That they don't make attractive clothing in my size. Because I'm big does that mean I should have to go to Omar the tentmaker to get a dress?
  • pollyineedtobeskinny
    Options
    plenty i hate about being fat.

1. clothes
    2. unhappiness
    3. FLAB!!!!
    4. sitting down and having rolls of fat on my stomach
    5. not being confident because of that
    6. wearing a bikini on holiday

i want to be confident :-(
  • CrystalWilder
    Options
    Going to places like the mall and feeling like the Cabbage Patch doll in a room full of Barbie dolls. And then crying because I can't find any clothing that looks good/fits AND is within my price range. Fat clothes are expensive!

Very Well Said!
  • Xhell_on_heelsX
    Options
    I hate not feeling desirable. ):

Even when guys ARE checking me out, I don't recognize it because I think there's nothing worth checking out. And that's irritating.

This..100%

And keeping my old jeans wishing I could just one day all of a sudden fit back into a size 9 =/ but realizing I'm still in these "fat" jeans for awhile
  • microwoman999
    microwoman999 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I hate that my rolls hang out! I would like to look flat and not bumpy! Except for my chest that can stay!
  • bpwparents
    bpwparents Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Not feeling sexy. Sexy's coming back though!
  • LoggingForLife
    LoggingForLife Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    The constant everyday battle I have with food. It never goes away.
  • sugboog29
    sugboog29 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Designers who think all women size 18+ have short legs! Never could find pants long enough, so very seldom wore pants. Now I can find them long enough and some times even buy a tall (but have to hem them). Plus designers think all heavy women LOVE BIG prints...no way! At a siz 12 I now love my clothes and don't hide my body anymore!!! So much more fun to shop and dress!!
  • Itzli
    Itzli Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I hate shopping for new clothes right now.. I always leave the store feeling bad about myself..
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options

For all my big chested-girls, having to go to XL in a shirt or dress when the rest of your torso is a M or L. Just makes things so much worse.

This is me. I can't buy pjs because if the top fits the bottom doesn't.
  • Kelly_Runs_NC
    Kelly_Runs_NC Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    The one thing I HATED about being fat when I was....was how I felt about myself. I HATED myself and I never want to feel that way again.
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Looking in the mirror and seeing that my biceps are bigger than my whole head...I feel like I look out of proportion.

My toddlers grab and pinch my excess belly

Other then that...regardless of size, I've always been able to find a happy state of mind. It just would be really nice to wear a bikini WITHOUT the excessive jiggle.
  • MrsPong
    MrsPong Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    trying to workout on a machine, like stair climber, thats "hard" for you and your dying after 5 mins and having the model next you running up the damn stairs lol I WILL BE THAT GIRL ONE DAY! :laugh:
  • shape_up4good
    Options
    I hate eating in front of others. I always wonder what they are thinking.
  • weaselle16
    weaselle16 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    The inside leg bit of jeans and trousers wearing away before the rest of them is worn out. There's no fixing legs-rubbed denim! Stupid giant legs :(
  • Xhell_on_heelsX
    Options
    Also, finding those awesome, super cute knee high boots..sitting down to put them on and they stop zipping up half way up your calf =/ It's a problem that runs in my family and idk if I'll ever be able to wear cute boots :cry:
  • KenziesFrenzies
    KenziesFrenzies Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    I hate not feeling desirable. ):

Even when guys ARE checking me out, I don't recognize it because I think there's nothing worth checking out. And that's irritating.

This!! ^
  • mamax5
    mamax5 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    No "middle-of-the-road" clothing options for adults. Apparently fat women come in exactly two flavors: 80 years old or super-sassy diva. I don't like pastel tents (Lane Bryant) OR leopard-print leggings (Torrid), so I've just kind of fallen into a rut of ill-fitting jeans and baggy T-shirts. That was fine for middle and high school, but I'm almost 22. As I've slimmed down, more options have become available to me, but now I have no idea what I'm doing, so I usually just reach for what I know anyway.

Plan A for when I reach my goal weight and have a closet full of things that don't fit is still to try to get on one of those TBS makeover shows, like What Not To Wear, so I can both get new clothes and learn how to dress like a grownup in one fell swoop.

Have you tried Maurice's clothing? They have some toned down options that are not so diva like.

What do I have about being fat? I hate the sloppy feeling I have. I feel like I am wearing a bulky coat and need to take it off NOW!
  • madam1981
    madam1981 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Havin non of my best clothes fit n my kids gettin the piss taken out of them for having a over weight mam!