Commit to losing 1 pound a week in 2013 challenge

Options

Replies

• Janie_May
    Janie_May Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm on board. No more "I'll start over on Monday" or back-sliding for a day (or week, or month...) after slipping up.
    Gonna get right back on track. We can do this!
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I'm in. As a way to force myself to stop trying for two pounds or more when that isn't always going to be possible anymore. I don't care what my 16 year-old crash dieting self was capable of, my 40 year-old, reasonable diet and exercise self needs to learn some darn patience! One pound a week sounds great. Weigh in day shall be Thursday for me.
  • jodyvaz
    Options
    I am in!
  • GPSHEALTHCOACHING
    GPSHEALTHCOACHING Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Ok.... Group name: 2013 POUND A WEEK

JOIN IN!!!!!! :happy:

WELCOME EVERYONE!!! Please join our group!!!!!!

Happy to report I'm 1 week in and I lost my pound for the week! Even after New Years food and beverage! :tongue:

We've got a GREAT GROUP going on..... If you haven't joined, PLEASE DO!!!!! :flowerforyou:

I'm so THRILLED with how my challenge is growing!!!! So many of us making a healthy lifestyle our focus for 2013!!!! I'll do everything I can to help us all reach our goals but be sure to FRIEND EACH OTHER!!! REACH OUT TO ONE ANOTHER!!!! Having that SUPPORT on our bad days is going to be CRITICAL TO OUR SUCCESS!!!!!!!
  • poll09
    poll09 Posts: 549
    Options
    i am in
  • one15ts
    one15ts Posts: 91
    Options
    weighed in this morning. already lost a pound. :drinker:
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    weighed in this morning. already lost a pound. :drinker:

Congrats!:drinker:
  • fitzgeraldc
    Options
    I'm in! I would love to get the weight off for good this time! I know I need the support. Excited for this journey.
  • dfederman1
    Options
    I'm in, too. I lost 25 pounds a year ago, and nothing since. I weigh 140 and would like to weigh 125 or 120. Thanks for your support...
  • kavaaa
    kavaaa Posts: 2
    Options
    I'd like to try!

I was never able to keep up with eating better or exercising for more than two weeks. But I visited a couple websites to figure out my BMI and I'm officially in the obese category!! I'm at my heaviest and I need to be healthier and in shape.

Add in the fact that I've moved in with my grandmother to help her through the winter months and all she does is cook a ton and eat/encourage others to eat sweets.

Aaaand I just got my first birth control shot that is supposed to increase my hunger and cause me to gain wait.

I have a lot of things fighting against me. I need some motivation and encouragement!

I weigh 180 lbs now.
    My goal is 150 lbs to start (ideally 130 lbs!)
  • socababy1
    Options
    2013, slow and steady. Count me in! :smile:
  • Anniesmiller
    Anniesmiller Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am in! 169 - goal weight is 150. Weigh-in day will be Thursday. Happy 2013.
  • judithmurray
    judithmurray Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I would love to join the group! My goal is losing 1 pound a week. Thanks for the invite!
  • ShemNesbitt
    Options
    I'm all in for this challenge...
  • spulido01
    spulido01 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    i too would love to join. I would be happy with 1lb per week (would like more, but). Count me in. :)

Sharon
  • 2pupsmama
    Options
    I'm in too!
  • aprilmccurdy64
    Options
    I agree with that. That is my goal I am straining for.
  • jackietalamantes63
    Options
    count me in!
  • camillybug
    Options
    I'm definitely in. Having a better attitude about everything this time around. I'm at my heaviest ever now, 302, so I'm ready to do this!

Hoping for 2 lbs a week but anything would be great right now. :)
  • Scrappymom67
    Scrappymom67 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am in - need friends to keep me on pace. I am married, three kids age 10 - 15, work full time in a bank, and hoping to walk/run a 5K by May 1 (live in New England so frigid cold is an issue).
    Thinking of breakfast ideas that will keep me satisfied but are easy to whip up - under 300 cal.