Shakeology

Options
12346»

Replies

• mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Most likely the large load of crap you're propagating.

Umm, I think you have that backwards. But I am not trying to come at you or anything but like the others, I am curious as to the science and studies on this. I've tried looking for hte past 20 minutes and all I can find is the same sales pitch about 70 ingredients, etc. I found a list of ingredients with a lot of herbs but still no study.

I'm not being snarky, I'm really curious as to where we can find these studies and the scientific info on all this.ju

when i search google or bing for "shakeology scam", all i can find are intentionally deceptive websites which once you visit, are simply sales pitches for the product, some even including links on how/where to purchase it.

that seems pretty fishy to me. if the product is so great, why are the sellers of the product creating deceptive websites that clutter up the search engine results so that any real dissenting opinions about it cannot be easily found?

well, i actually know the answer... :bigsmile:

...it's because these people are trying to make a quick buck and they don't want anything on the web that counters their sales pitch to be found by potential "customers", knowing that most people will not sort through 100's of links to find somebody actually reviewing at the product objectively.

i understand this. people will go to great lengths to make a buck. but as somebody who considers himself an informed consumer, this raises all sorts of red flags. just sayin'.

I don't think its a scam by any means. I imagine its overpriced because it has the BB name attached to it.

I think anything that is sold by pyramid scheme is a scam. If a product is so great then no need to hook people into schemes right?

We can agree to disagree. Works fine for me and I don't feel scammed. I choose to buy it because I enjoy it, not because somebody is scamming me into it. I also have had success with the workouts offered by them and ive never even paid for those. Sometimes I think the whole "ooooo gluten free is better for you" is a load of crap....and most gluten free products are overpriced. If its so much better for us why is THAT not cheaper so more people can buy it?

Yes we can agree to disagree, not trying to argue with you just giving my thoughts on pyramid schemes in general. Gluten free goods I believe is only reallyimportant for those with gluten intollerance isn't it? The rest of us don't need to eat any of it on purpose and most of it tastes not as good as the real deal anyway.
  • rm7161
    rm7161 Posts: 505
    Options

Umm, I think you have that backwards. But I am not trying to come at you or anything but like the others, I am curious as to the science and studies on this. I've tried looking for hte past 20 minutes and all I can find is the same sales pitch about 70 ingredients, etc. I found a list of ingredients with a lot of herbs but still no study.

I'm not being snarky, I'm really curious as to where we can find these studies and the scientific info on all this.ju

when i search google or bing for "shakeology scam", all i can find are intentionally deceptive websites which once you visit, are simply sales pitches for the product, some even including links on how/where to purchase it.

that seems pretty fishy to me. if the product is so great, why are the sellers of the product creating deceptive websites that clutter up the search engine results so that any real dissenting opinions about it cannot be easily found?

...it's because these people are trying to make a quick buck and they don't want anything on the web that counters their sales pitch to be found by potential "customers", knowing that most people will not sort through 100's of links to find somebody actually reviewing at the product objectively.

i understand this. people will go to great lengths to make a buck. but as somebody who considers himself an informed consumer, this raises all sorts of red flags. just sayin'.

I don't think its a scam by any means. I imagine its overpriced because it has the BB name attached to it.

I think anything that is sold by pyramid scheme is a scam. If a product is so great then no need to hook people into schemes right?

We can agree to disagree. Works fine for me and I don't feel scammed. I choose to buy it because I enjoy it, not because somebody is scamming me into it. I also have had success with the workouts offered by them and ive never even paid for those. Sometimes I think the whole "ooooo gluten free is better for you" is a load of crap....and most gluten free products are overpriced. If its so much better for us why is THAT not cheaper so more people can buy it?

Yes we can agree to disagree, not trying to argue with you just giving my thoughts on pyramid schemes in general. Gluten free goods I believe is only reallyimportant for those with gluten intollerance isn't it? The rest of us don't need to eat any of it on purpose and most of it tastes not as good as the real deal anyway.

Its not a load of crap if you have celiac disease, which I have.

I guess some people think insulin is a load of crap for type 1 diabetics but its still the best treatment for it, too. Likewise, gluten free diet is the only way to treat celiac disease. ONLY way. And I sure as heck do not want to have the bowel troubles I had before diagnosis, thank you.

Yes, I am aware of the price gouging of gluten free products, but there are loads of items at the grocery that do not contain gluten that are naturally gluten free. Besides, most of the gluten free junkfood is crap anyway, no good for dieting. Unfortunately, many powders are not gluten free certified and that makes them useless for my purposes as they will aggravate my disease. Which when I eat gluten, my body makes antibodies which then proceed to attack the lining of my small intestine, causing interference with absorbtion of vitamins, and cause me to have uncontrollable diarrhea. So I guess its true, if I don't eat GF, I end up with a load of crap.
  • mockchoc
    Options

I hope that wasn'y directed at me because I NEVER said it's crap for people that get sick from it only that it's not really going to be of any use to those that are totally healthy!
  • rm7161
    Options

I hope that wasn'y directed at me because I NEVER said it's crap for people that get sick from it only that it's not really going to be of any use to those that are totally healthy!

Not directed at you particularly. But it is annoying to see the person you were responding to, pretending that celiac disease doesnt exist. It is a real autoimmune disease.
  • abrahamsitososa
    abrahamsitososa Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I've tried the chocolate and the greenberry ones. The chocolate is good with almond or rice milk and the greenberry to me tasted good with just plain water. The price is not worth it to me and yes it's overpriced.
  • katy84o
    katy84o Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Stand your ground Coach

Are you talking to yourself?

lol.. my exact thoughts
  • rm7161
    Options

ModifiedMama, look up celiac disease.

Diabetic foods are also higher priced, these items are for people who cannot eat gluten in the same way that sugar free candies are meant for people who have to control their blood sugars. They are not better for you if you do not have the disease these foods are meant to treat.

HOWEVER, I expect items that are sold as a nutritional supplement, such as vitamins, and over the counter medications, to be gluten free and rightly so. Designer Whey is certified GF and its also cheaper than Shakeology, even with the added items I put in it. (I buy many of the things that go in my shakes for other uses, such as baking so I have them on hand anyway)
  • katy84o
    katy84o Posts: 744 Member
    Options
  • mockchoc
    Options
    Stand your ground Coach

Are you talking to yourself?

lol.. my exact thoughts

Maybe the coach was being coached from the next up the ladder.