Tattoo to symbolize weight loss?

Options
I wonder if anyone here has got, or considered, a tattoo symbolizing your weight loss accomplishment? I have been considering the idea since I lost 100lbs for the first time, two years ago. I am trying to re-lose the 15 pounds I have put back on over the last two years due to a less than perfect maintenance period. I have also been recovering from major back surgery so exercise isn't really feasible right now but I am trying my best.
For myself, losing this weight is up there with the accomplishments I am most proud of. I don't have any tattoos but I wouldn't mind a small one low on my hip where it will only be seen by myself and DH. I wonder what sort of symbol would be best. I don't really want a scale. Please share your ideas, or even a pic if you wish :wink:

Replies

• rubixcyoob
    Options
    I have 6 tattoos, planning my 7th soon (was supposed to be part of the 6th, but I couldn't get it on that day, so I don't think I'll count it as a '7th' as it will link into the 6th), but once I have the body I want I am getting a weight loss related one.

However, it won't be entirely weight loss related, it is for a lot of things, but mostly symbolises strength, motivation and determination in life.

I'm getting the phrase "refuse to sink" plus an anchor on my rib cage.

I'm addicated to tattoos, I got 6 in a year and a wee bit, I know my '7th', I know of 3 more I want, excluding my weight loss on - that will take, given finances and exercise, me to 11 in two years.
  • Merrychrissmith
    Merrychrissmith Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    When I reach my goal weight I want to get CVXX (170 in Latin Numerals) tattooed somewhere... Not sure of a Font to use...
  • sweetnlow30
    sweetnlow30 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I am leaning toward a purple butterfly for mine since I have always loved them and It symbolizes change. Not 100% sure though :)
  • kborton1122
    kborton1122 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    I plan on getting something when I reach goal. 18 lbs left! Not sure what yet, but I want an inspirational phrase related to my journey. Either on shoulder blade or on my side by my rib cage. My thought process is that it will help me stay focused to maintain my healthy lifestyle, because if I gain it back I will look like an idiot with a worthless tattoo.
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    Get a tat of BACON
  • kassiebby1124
    kassiebby1124 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    When I reach my goal to wear I can pull off a bikini, I'm getting song lyrics on my rib cage and I want another quote on my pelvis or bicep.

The song lyrics are (I want these on my rib/under my breast):
    From the place I was, to the place I am,
    to the place I want to be
    For the mountains I've been climbing over
    and under and over...

Bicep or pelvis tat:
    Without struggle, there is no progress
  • AESprouse
    AESprouse Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I will be getting a dreamcatcher with the phrase " My dream was caught (begin date), I released it (date I reach goal)" on my ribcage. Still have 90bs to go but I'll get there.
  • SouthGippyGirl
    SouthGippyGirl Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Great thread. I too have been considering this and am still unsure what or where I will get it. I'm going to wait till after my next tat (my daughters name) so hopefully by then I have lost lots more and might be a bit wiser as to what had worked for me. It will be my 5th tattoo.
  • bluecrayonz
    bluecrayonz Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    i want a tattoo when i reach my goal but idk what yet
  • sierramist13
    sierramist13 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have plenty of tattoos.. none are weight loss related.. I bought myself jewelry when I got to my first goal weight..
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    What about something to symbolize Freedom, being free from the burden of excess weight and poor health? A balloon floating away? A lock and key (with the key being more prominent)?
  • marias2gaa
    marias2gaa Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Get a tat of BACON

:laugh:
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    How about one of those cheezy diet ads that show a thin woman emerging out of a fat lady's skin.
  • Sweetfi
    Sweetfi Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I have no tattoos. I've been considering a baby dragon hatching as my reward for reaching my goal. :smile:
  • Cherry_blossom73
    Cherry_blossom73 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I got one at 40 pounds loss. It's a cherry blossom on my foot and around my ankle. To me, cherry blossoms represents a new beginning, kind of what I feel I have :-)
  • Stella_Leigh
    Stella_Leigh Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I've got 2 tats so far and an appointment for my 3rd next week. It's sort of weight-loss related, but it has alot of different meanings for me. It's the phrase "Take these broken wings and learn to fly" from the beatles song "Blackbird" and 3 silhouetted birds in flight.
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    How about one of those cheezy diet ads that show a thin woman emerging out of a fat lady's skin.

Your profile picture makes me love you.
  • kborton1122
    kborton1122 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Great thread. I too have been considering this and am still unsure what or where I will get it. I'm going to wait till after my next tat (my daughters name) so hopefully by then I have lost lots more and might be a bit wiser as to what had worked for me. It will be my 5th tattoo.

Just got my daughters name on my wrist in November. See my ticker below.
  • subcult
    subcult Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Fish bones
  • jeleclekat
    jeleclekat Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    a butterfly to symbolize your new wings....
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!