Tattoo to symbolize weight loss?

Options

Replies

• mdcnwolf
    mdcnwolf Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    How about a something that is peaceful to you and the word(s) Finally or Thank you somewhere in the tat. If someone should ask you what it means, you can simply say it was in reference to a large accomplishment in your life.
  • makemewannadie
    makemewannadie Posts: 401 Member
    Options

I'm getting the phrase "refuse to sink" plus an anchor on my rib cage.

Isn't the point of an anchor that it sinks though? :s
  • Dymatized
    Options
    Just don't get a cherry tat on your belly cause if you gain weight it's gonna look like an apple
  • Maidofmer
    Maidofmer Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    the one on my ticker, that's my ultimate goal. always wanted a rib cage, but I need to actually find my rib cage haha
  • rgohm
    rgohm Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I am leaning toward a purple butterfly for mine since I have always loved them and It symbolizes change. Not 100% sure though :)

I was just thinking a butterfly would be cool. I also like the anchor idea.

I have a bunch I think 11 or 12, all of them except one (my first) has a special meaning to me. It had never occurred to me to get one for losing weight. I may consider that, if I find the perfect idea.
  • MelisRunning
    MelisRunning Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I have two. The second one, on my back, is for quitting smoking. I hadn't thought of getting one for reaching my goal. Not a bad idea!
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    i love tattoos... i look for any excuse to get one... not waiting for my next one tho... by the time i reach goal, my entire arm should be done... maybe ill get something on my butt cheek! lol
  • BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Done by Mickey Ratt, A local tattoo artist here in NJ
    59439_400727216666034_1267631504_n_zps7a7caa4c.jpg
  • Morningstar93
    Options
    the purple butterfly is a good idea as it is also your ticker, your little helper through this, showing you your accomplishments :smile: proven to you everyday you have come this far.
  • rgohm
    rgohm Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I've got 2 tats so far and an appointment for my 3rd next week. It's sort of weight-loss related, but it has alot of different meanings for me. It's the phrase "Take these broken wings and learn to fly" from the beatles song "Blackbird" and 3 silhouetted birds in flight.

That is one of my favorite Beatles songs!! I love that idea. I did not like the version of that song in the movie "Across the Universe" though. My favorite is "While My Guitar Gently Weeps".
  • pacbug
    pacbug Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! A butterfly symbolizes transformation...that is what you have done, transformed you and your life!!!
  • Stacyplus5
    Options
    I got a tatoo of a butterfly when Ieft my ex-husband,would like to get another for loss of baby,but hadnt thought of one for weight loss, hmm good idea!
  • snaz77
    snaz77 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have 3 at the moment & planning another when i reach goal, at this stage I'm thinking it'll be another butterfly or a dragonfly with my kids names incorporated! Cant wait only 300 grams for me to hit goal :heart:
  • MizManda180
    MizManda180 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I am going to get paw prints starting from my foot and going up the side of my leg once I reach my goal. I am also considering incorporating something about my weight loss, but I haven't figured out something that would flow well with it.
  • Jpinpoint
    Jpinpoint Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Yes, once I lose the first 60, depending if I only want to lose that or go to 80, I am getting a pinup girl on my rib cage. I'd get it done now, but I want to use it as a goal reward.
  • rubixcyoob
    Options

I'm getting the phrase "refuse to sink" plus an anchor on my rib cage.

Isn't the point of an anchor that it sinks though? :s

The anchor itself sinks yes, but I didn't mean for the phrase and symbol to be representative of each other.

The phrase is self-explanatory. The anchor is because it hels keep something moored to the spot, it represents stability, strength etc. It can also mean being steadfast, hope, good luck etc. There are many, positive meanings of the anchor, that when connected to the phrase, make sense.

Together it means "refuse to sink" and the symbol to show that I am strong and determined to stay in this one, emotionally/mentally, good state of mind.
  • aeroback
    aeroback Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I have 13 tats (9 Aerosmith related)... go with whatever you feel you want and don't regret it!
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    Yep, but I'm undecided about what it will be. There are a couple of contenders from pictures that my hubby has drawn.
  • rubixcyoob
    Options
    This thread has just made me want more tattoos.

I've already decided on the two mentioned, plus another 4/5. Dammit!
  • wimeezer
    wimeezer Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I got my first ink to celebrate my first 50lbs. It's a triskele, symbolizing body, mind and spirit. It also stands for progress.

I'm 7lbs away from my next ink goal, which will be a mindfulness symbol. Definitely getting a big piece at goal. And a few others asking the way. A butterfly on my thigh, filigree ring on my finger....
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!