Tattoo to symbolize weight loss?

Options

Replies

• House_Bunny
    Options
    I think the purple butterfly is a good choice!
  • april80s
    april80s Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm actually getting my first tat next month! It'll be on the back of my neck. It's not a weight loss related one, but once I lose all the weight, I plan on getting song lyrics along my rib cage. The lyrics are : THIS IS NOT GONNA LAST FOREVER ITS A TIME WHEN YOU MUST HOLD ON. It's from a song by The Wanted. :)
  • sweetnlow30
    sweetnlow30 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the great suggestions! I think I will go with the butterfly. Now just to get the courage to get it done LOL. I have a bit more weight to lose again first :wink:
  • Larisonlj
    Larisonlj Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    i really want to get a phoenix tattoo when i reach my goal. The phoenix represents a new begiining, or new life..
    I almost got a beautiful Phoenix after my divorce, buy ended up with something else. I love what I have, but kind of regret not getting the Phoenix. I have two, but seriously doubt I'll get anymore at this point.
  • JosieJo2000
    JosieJo2000 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I
    Okay, for sure nothing that cleverly portrays my bellybutton as a *kitten*! Good lord people, what were you thinking?

:laugh:

I've seen too many older people regret tatts, and I get keloid scarring very easily so no ink for me. But if it's your thing I think it's a lovely idea...butterfly sounds gorgeous. Reckon I'd want Snoopy :)
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    I'm going to get....."nothing tastes as good as skinny feels"... in that inspirational font down my side.
  • Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    Jennifer_Lynn_1982 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    When I reach my goal weight I want to get CVXX (170 in Latin Numerals) tattooed somewhere... Not sure of a Font to use...

I like that idea! I had a laugh a few weeks ago when I realized I actually matched my drivers license....it's always been a slight fib :) That's the number I want!

my weight now matches my drivers license too...it's been way too long!
  • LesleyGillan
    Options
    I'm going big when I get to my goal....... I know I am going to have a "pannus or apron" on my tummy, hubby has already agreed that I can get a tummy tuck but it will remove my pre existing Tatt ( wondering if it would be too gross to preserve that piece of skin?) Anyway I will be getting a tatt up my side of a tree with my kids in it as characters that I see them as. It with be gothic NOT cartoon like at all.
  • jgood21
    jgood21 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I was thinking about getting a lotus flower. It grows in a swamp, but it is so beautiful. It symbolizes purity, beauty, majesty, grace, fertility, wealth, richness, knowledge and serenity.
  • emmeylou
    emmeylou Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I want to get an intricate outline of a phoneix (Fawkes from harry potter to be specific, from a picture in one of the chapters of the book I have had for over 10 years). I am going to get it in white ink on the inside of my wrist. There is so much tied into it... the phoenix for new life and transformation (I've lost more than what I currently weigh...) and the Harry Potter as a reference to my childhood.
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    I was thinking of putting my highest weight on my wrist so I could see it and never go back there again.

I love this Idea. I want something, but nothing "flashy." Even though I have 7 other tattoos.. when you get older, you tend to be a little more careful about what you "flash and show" and where...
  • sizzler0123
    Options
    I did a cover-up of mine and my ex-hubby's initials that were on the side of my leg (never get names or initials BTW lol). I covered it with a beautiful colourful butterfly emerging from barren,rocky, dry ground. Very symbolic for me, that beauty and change and growth can come from even the most desolate places. I really want a tat to represent my transformation with my weight as well but not another butterfly, hmmm....
  • GooBeGone
    GooBeGone Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    i want a dragon tattoo. i want it either as a complete backpiece or on my side where it goes down my hip/thigh/leg some kind of way and it startin on my shoulder blade somewhere.

i still haven't found an artist that i want it done by yet. i also want my children/grandchildren's name in either chinese, japanese, or korean along with it.
  • innerbetty
    innerbetty Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I currently have a tattoo on my ribs that I've never been able to show off confidently, so doing that will be it's own reward. I also have plans for an Alice sleeve but having someone up close and personal with my flabby arms is something i desperately want to avoid and something I want to at least start before I turn thirty next December. Otherwise the picture I've wanted for years symbolizing transition is a sketchwork girl coming out of a cuccoon with full color wings. It's something I have framed and have wanted since I was 18, but will turn the girl into a fairy not a butterfly.
  • LMT2012
    LMT2012 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    I can tell you I have a large tattoo on my upper left arm that inspires me to keep lifting weights in order to keep the "canvas" firm.
  • lieselLalor
    lieselLalor Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Yes! I am getting my first tattoo when I have reached my goal weight! I have decided that I'm going to get tiger stripes on my side over some of my stretch marks. I don't mind my stretch marks, I mind the layer of flabby fat and saggy skin where there could be muscle so I'm going to "enhance" my stretch marks. It's also kind of a symbol to remind me that I'm strong for sticking this through. I can't wait!
  • My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Most definitely a butterfly tattoo
  • BorderlineAngel
    Options
    bump
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I am not the tatoo sort of dude but if you choose to do this make sure it is at maintenance weight as they tend to distort with weight gain and loss. Best wishes... Hmmm, maybe a tombstone with "100 lbs" on it with beginning and ending date of the loss effort? Maybe too much... Thinking outside the box. Hope you recover soon and best wishes on maintaining the new you.
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Ill be going with a Phoenix .5 sleeve. I am super excited about it and whenever i think about eating crap at work - i think of how awesome my tattoo is going to look.

I already have 3, and I am a baby when it comes to getting tattoos, but it will be worth it in the end...ill just be booking a few appointments to get this done.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!