Tattoo to symbolize weight loss?

Options

Replies

• EliotMaree
    EliotMaree Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Oh yeaa!!! Its actually a gift to myself once I hit my final goal weight!! On my shoulder I want this like rustic tattoo...nothing to symbolize my weight loss journey, but rather something new for myself!
  • red_road
    red_road Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    I've got 2 tats so far and an appointment for my 3rd next week. It's sort of weight-loss related, but it has alot of different meanings for me. It's the phrase "Take these broken wings and learn to fly" from the beatles song "Blackbird" and 3 silhouetted birds in flight.

love that
  • ladyrider55
    ladyrider55 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I decided not a Tat but rather a piercing when I lose my weight :smile:
  • red_road
    red_road Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    When I reach my goal weight I want to get CVXX (170 in Latin Numerals) tattooed somewhere... Not sure of a Font to use...

You may want to check that. I think it is CLXX (C - one hundred, L - fifty, XX - twenty).
    :laugh:
  • TighteningStrings
    Options
    I've got two tattoos now. I butterfly and cherry blossom on my left outer calf that I got when I really decided to work at this whole weight loss thing, and a tiny rune on my ring finger to symbolise my husband.

When I lose the first 40kilos I'm getting a lovely flower design on my shoulder blade and up over my shoulder, down to my collar bone. Once I get to goal and have had any surgery I need (because I've already decided I'll be getting it if it's needed - and after 70kgs loss I think it's going to be!) I've got one I want done on my back, over my hip area that tangles around onto the front of my hip.

I am terrified of needles, but can get a tat with no issues. I don't think it's anything like a needle at all to be honest!
  • puddlesiam
    puddlesiam Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    bump
  • rubixcyoob
    Options
    i really want to get a phoenix tattoo when i reach my goal. The phoenix represents a new begiining, or new life..
    I almost got a beautiful Phoenix after my divorce, buy ended up with something else. I love what I have, but kind of regret not getting the Phoenix. I have two, but seriously doubt I'll get anymore at this point.

I have a phoenix on my upper, outside, thigh, but I want to add to it. Gonna get some writing going down my hips joining it and get a bit more detail into it.

I got it for exactly the reason of new beginning/new life, around the time of my 50lbs loss mark (although I never got it for that reason, just a happy coincidence!)
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    I expect that I will get something to mark my final goal should I ever reach it, but I haven't yet considered what it might be. Took me 25 years to settle on the first tatt, another ten for the second one I just had done. I figure I've time to think yet but there are some great notions here.
  • bpointer01
    Options
    I've been giving this idea serious air time lately as well. I am a Star Wars nerd to boot so I have been thinking of Luke Skywalker riding my road bike while carrying Yoda on his back ala Empire Strikes Back. Around the image will be text reading: "Do or do not, there is no try"
  • theraylene
    theraylene Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I got one to START my weight loss and maintenance focus.
    A Yin/Yang on inside of wrist. Seeking balance.

I weighed 222 on February 22, 2012. So the starting point was easy to remember. The end point--still on my way. I may have to add to the tat when I get to where I want to be. So far, I'm at 190--so 32 pounds gone. I started logging in on MyFitnessPal after I had lost a little bit, so my ticker doesn't really reflect.

It is a "public" tattoo--so I see it all through the day, and it reminds me to stay on track.
  • cyrstephaniec
    cyrstephaniec Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    When I hit 35% loss (ultimate goal is between 45 and 50% loss), I got my first 2 done. The first was because I was tired of always being afraid of losing my rings (I've since had them resized, but don't wear them when I'm running)- I got our wedding date tattooed around my ring finger (we also celebrated 10 years just before I did this!). The next was on the inside of my foot- I got "One Step At A Time" done. It's the the phrase that kept me going. I thin when I hit my big goal, I'll get my next one but it will not be symbolic of the weight loss. I plan on taking either my kids names (Emily, James and Kaitlyn) or their birthdates in the shape of heart on the inside of my wrist- possibly shaded in red.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I
    Okay, for sure nothing that cleverly portrays my bellybutton as a *kitten*! Good lord people, what were you thinking?

:laugh:

I've seen too many older people regret tatts, and I get keloid scarring very easily so no ink for me. But if it's your thing I think it's a lovely idea...butterfly sounds gorgeous. Reckon I'd want Snoopy :)

I used to watch red tailed hawks flying when I was a kid. So a red tailed hawk across my belly might be neat.

But the permanence does bug me. I was thinking about it last night and what I'd really love is temporary ones I could use whenever I wanted. Like if I had a stencil set and some safe coloring I could design them. But that would be a heck of a lot of work for something that would then wash off with the next shower. Plus it would be hard to get the colors crisp and clear and not bleeding into each other I bet.

Not sure if I would scar up, I think I'm somewhere in between when it comes to scars ridging up, but I have stretch marks anyway, so meh.
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    <<< i got this one a couple of months back to keep me on track it's "believe" written backwards so when I look in the mirror I can see it... I probably need to update the pic 'cause I've lost a good couple of inches since then and it's looking so much neater.

Think my next one will be a dragonfly
  • laf0195
    laf0195 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I was going to get my first tattoo for my 18th birthday, but I decided to hold off and use it as a reward for reaching my goal. I'm a total Batman fanatic, so I plan on getting the bat symbol on my hip when I hit maintenance. To me, Batman is a huge inspiration: he's a human able to keep up with aliens and Amazons. He's (fictional) proof of what a human can do with just body and mind (and wicked tech lol). So, yeah, the classic bat symbol, but just three outline in black, no yellow oval :)
  • BorgieMN
    BorgieMN Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    The wording is Scottish-Gaelic for "Rise Above"

IMAG0162a_zpsf9065f6c.jpg
  • sweetnlow30
    sweetnlow30 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    The wording is Scottish-Gaelic for "Rise Above"

IMAG0162a_zpsf9065f6c.jpg

Love that :wink:
    So for everyone who has had one, how bad did it hurt? I am such a chicken! There is still some fat padding on the lower hip if that is where I decide to get it. You would think will all the needles and stuff I had as a child, I would be used to pain but it makes me more scared. I was sick and in the hospital a lot as a kid.
  • BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    they feel like needles ripping through your skin ;-) but really depends on how you handle pain, where you get the tattoo, and how good the artist is
  • tequila09
    tequila09 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I really want to get the word Beautiful on my ribs in a pretty font but I don't know if I will ever do it. All I can think of is getting older and it getting wrinkly and not being as cute as I imagine it would be now lol
  • choccychomper
    Options
    I'm planning to get my first tattoo in the new year, to symbolize my 7 stone + weightloss too. I want it on my wrist (where I can see it), and it is simply the word 'Believe' written in swirly font.

I've got to my goal weight twice before and put it all back on again and more. This time I really believe I can keep it off. If you believe in yourself you can do anything, as losing over 100lbs will prove to you. :)
  • Harriann84
    Options
    When I hit my target weight, if I am safe to skate again, I want skates. derby skates. Or a derby based Disney sleeve. Not quite sure yet, but I have a while to go yet so I have plenty of time to think about it. x
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!