Do you have a strange eating habit?

Options

Replies

• aditifoodie
    aditifoodie Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I always like to eat with the tiniest spoon or fork possible, and this has been since I was a kid.

The crusts like so many others, I eat the crusts first then work my way in.

Like a pita, our Indian flatbread roti has two layers by they are much thinner, so always take apart the two layers and eat them separately. I always get weird looks from my family for that.
  • Medic911ETH
    Medic911ETH Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    From time to time, I'll eat an 8oz bar of cream cheese like it's an ice cream sandwich.
  • MissHoneyMay
    MissHoneyMay Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I eat my kiwifruit with the skin on too :) makes my family laugh but it's such good fiber and you don't have to dirty a spoon lol. I like to make smiley faces on my plate. Slows down my eating and is so much fun I feel like a little kid ^^
  • Restybaby2012
    Restybaby2012 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    The foods on my plate at any given time cannot touch.
    I always eat the potato first followed by the vegie, then the meat. IF there's a salad that's always first.
    I have to have fresh hot coffee first thing in the morning.......but the coffee cannot be even 5 minutes old. As soon as the coffee stops dripping it's in my cup and ready for slurping.
    I have to have a salad with or for my evening meal
    Sandwiches MUST be cut in half and smooshed flat.

........there are likely more but my brain's still asleep
  • bbgughj
    bbgughj Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Wow , You all have problems ! :bigsmile: Weird !
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    This thread is a gem for any shrink.
  • mshigginbothamifyahnasty
    Options
    I EAT CHEESE WITH ALMOST EVERYTHING
  • Kat5688
    Kat5688 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    When I eat an apple, I eat the entire thing, including the core.
  • BigDnSW
    BigDnSW Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    when i make healthy veggie chili...it looks the same before and "after"...:laugh:
  • furrina
    furrina Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I don't like ice cream frozen that much. I'm not totally nuts about ice cream in general like some people, but I do like it...when I do eat it, or any frozen dessert like Arctic Zero etc., I like it almost-warm and almost runny like a milkshake so I put it in the microwave. This grosses people out.
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    I have to have at least three drinks with me at a meal.

Water, coffee and usually a soda. Don't know why.
  • furrina
    furrina Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Also I like to eat/drink chocolate milk and shakes with a spoon.

With water, I always have to have a water bottle or glass with me, that's "topped off" not almost empty in every room I'm in. Also, I gave myself a new habit on purpose to make sure to drink tons of water: Whenever I grab the glass or bottle for a drink I take 10 sips/gulps. I figure I'm drinking it anyway, why not? It's a good way to drink lots of water.
  • TighteningStrings
    Options
    I downright refuse to eat egg and chicken in the same meal. The same day is pushing it some days. even crumbed chicken I wont dip in egg wash, I use Tzatziki instead. I wont eat boiled eggs. I'll eat them poached, because I get to crack it open and inspect it first.

I wont bite into an apple or any other fruit. I cut it into pieces first to make sure there is nothing wrong with the middle of it.

I never cook onion without garlic.

I love fresh, steamed brocolli, but wont eat frozen. I think it smells like armpit.

I hate the texture of ground meat. I wont eat meat sauce because of it, but if I "mush" it with my hands for meatballs or rissoles I'm fine.

I wont eat anything that has been left in an open bag or container, even just overnight. It has to be put in an air tight container. I wont eat cereal out of the box. It has to be moved to a clear container first, so I can see the contents.

I have diagnosed OCD.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Reese's peanut butter cups are my favorite. But, I hate when I have to eat them with other people around. Because, I first have to freeze them. Then, I eat the outside chocolate and save the peanut butter parts. Then, if I'm eating 4 of them, or whatever, I eat the peanut butter parts all at once. Yum!

Peanut M&Ms, I eat the candy first and save the peanuts, and eat them at the end.
  • kmkel0
    kmkel0 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have to peel the stringy bits from the sides of bananas - as well as getting rid of the black bit.

I have a friend who can't mix meat groups in one meal - no surf and turf, no chicken stuffed with ham and cheese, etc.
  • I pick all the toppings off pizza and eat them first then the base unless its pineapple it gets saved to the end
    Its really odd I get told
  • Laffinhippiegurl
    Laffinhippiegurl Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I have issues. :tongue:

I peel the cheese and toppings off my pizza and eat the crust first.

I prefer to eat with my hands.

I LOVE pickles. I put pickle juice in everything instead of vingear. My favorite sno-cone is a pickle juice sno-cone.

If I can tear it apart before I eat it, I will.

Sandwiches should be smashed and should always have some type of chips on it.

I love my steak rare, my eggs over-easy, poached or soft scrambled.

I have severe texture issues. I can take one bite of something and the texture is not okay; I'm done. Nothing gets another taste.

And if I see one hair (feather) on the chicken skin, I AM DONE. Ewwww...
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    We are a weird bunch, aren't we? I share so many of these idiosyncrasies. The only one of mine I haven't seen yet is that I eat sunflower seeds, hull and all. Talk about your roughage!!!
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    when i make healthy veggie chili...it looks the same before and "after"...:laugh:

LOL Thanks for the visual.
  • missjeanlouise
    missjeanlouise Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I have to have at least three drinks with me at a meal.

Water, coffee and usually a soda. Don't know why.

I am sort of similar to this. I have multiple beverages going all the time. Right now on my desk is a bottle of water, a cup of coffee (caffeinated) and a cup of tea (decaffeinated). People at work tease me about my 'drinks party' and I must admit, the path between my cube and the restroom is well worn...