Do you have a strange eating habit?

Options
Mutant13
Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
I eat kiwi fruit with the skin on, and am very specific about the order I eat my breakfast in, but am not bothered at other meals. I also dip my toast into my coffee and pull all the chocolate off of stick ice creams before I eat the centre.

What about you?

Replies

• NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Sandwiches, burgers, crackers, cookies, steak, etc...I eat the corners and edges first and make my way toward the center.

Enchiladas, burritos, chimichangas, crepes, omelets, etc...I eat a bite from each end until I reach the center.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    I eat kiwi fruit with the skin on, and am very specific about the order I eat my breakfast in, but am not bothered at other meals. I also dip my toast into my coffee and pull all the chocolate off of stick ice creams before I eat the centre.

What about you?

When I eat French toast, I cut off all the crusts first and eat those. Then all the way around again, then again until I have a soft square left. I tend to do that with steak as well. Or any meat that's served in a big piece. But I don't do that with pancakes.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    I like shrimp tales and chicken cartilage.
  • NaomiJFoster
    Options
    Oh, this too. You know how waffles have the criss-cross lines? And grilled steak has the sear marks that criss-cross on it? When I was a kid, I thought those were the lines you were supposed to cut on. I still do that.
  • Davacado
    Davacado Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I eat eggs most mornings...I put some grapeseed oil in a pan and crack to eggs into the pan, then add egg whites..and break the yolks...I usually end up sharing these with my daughter....
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options

What about you?

I hate all condiments!
  • Keto_T
    Keto_T Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I have several water bottles that I use. I add ice all the way to the top then fill with water. I must drink ALL of it before adding more ice or water unless what's added is measured too (cause I am a little OCD about counting the ounces)
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I hate all condiments!

My boyfriend is like that. No mayo, no ketchup, no bbq sauce, no cream cheese, no cheese sauce, nadda. He says he likes to taste his food, not the condiments. It makes me giggle - I'm the condiment queen. I've used chicken wings as more of a spoon to eat the blue cheese dressing than anything else!
  • tishka11
    Options
    Sandwiches, burgers, crackers, cookies, steak, etc...I eat the corners and edges first and make my way toward the center.

SAME!
    Always have eaten the edges and outsides of things first before i eat the centre...dont know why...makes it better...somehow :P
  • Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    When I eat a banana, I never finish the whole thing. I always leave about 1.5"

No idea why...
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    If i am eating say steak with mashed potatoes or vegetables,the last 2 bites on the plate have to be one of each. A bite of steak and one of the side dish. If i finish the steak first, i don't want the rest of the potatoes anymore. If i finish the potatoes first i don't want the rest of the steak without it.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options

SAME!
    Always have eaten the edges and outsides of things first before i eat the centre...dont know why...makes it better...somehow :P

Wow, a lot of people seem to do this. I thought I was the only one. My family used to tease me about it.
  • NaomiJFoster
    Options

No idea why...

I teach preschool. I have a kid in my class who won't finish a banana ever, also. He says that the part of the banana that is still in the peel as you're holidng it is "The banana's butt" and he refuses to eat it.
  • NaomiJFoster
    Options

SAME!

Wow, a lot of people seem to do this. I thought I was the only one. My family used to tease me about it.

Honestly, is there any other way to eat stuff?
  • Kristen_nicole95
    Kristen_nicole95 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I eat lemons whole, everything but the seeds (:
  • Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Options

No idea why...

I teach preschool. I have a kid in my class who won't finish a banana ever, also. He says that the part of the banana that is still in the peel as you're holidng it is "The banana's butt" and he refuses to eat it.

:laugh: That's cute! Sad too, that I have something in common with a preschooler, lol.
  • peckish_pomegranate
    Options
    I never put any dressing on my salads, I've just never liked it. I have tried some of the fruity spritzers though and those were okay.
  • Doodlewhopper
    Doodlewhopper Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options

No idea why...

I will never look at a banana the same way....ever! LOL
  • xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    Options

No idea why...

:laugh: That's cute! Sad too, that I have something in common with a preschooler, lol.

I don't eat the end of a banana either. The little black thing at the end bothers me.
  • lucasriggs
    Options
    I always press down my sandwiches and pastries, I later learned this a common tick in people with eating disorders.

I also always eat the crusts in toasts and sandwiches and other little things like take hamburgers apart and eat the burger and bread seperately..I have no idea why I do this.