Do you have a strange eating habit?

Options

Replies

• caribear1984
    Options
    I am a color-sorter, even-number stickler, and I used to ALWAYS pick things apart. Burgers I would pull apart, scrape the condiments off the bread and onto the patty, eat that, then eat the bread. When I ate McDonalds I would always dip the bottom half of my bun in my Coke. I still cannot eat one of those peanut butter-wafer cookies (nutty bars?) without peeling it apart. And I used to get a bowl of popcorn, take a piece, bite off the end with the leftover kernel and put the soft, round part back in the bowl. I would do that until all the kernel ends were gone, then eat the soft parts.

One of my friends used to badger me to eat at Wendy's so she could get a frosty and fries and dip the fries in the ice cream.
  • innerbetty
    innerbetty Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Also Miss Vickie's Sea salt and Malt vinegar chips dipped in vinegar until my tongue hurts. I also used to suck on vinegar packets when I was younger.

Edit: I still do that to popcorn but I eat it right away. Kernel end on one side of my mouth soft part on the other.
  • llggeegg
    llggeegg Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Me too!! My friends think its the strangest thing ever. I am dying to break this habit!!
  • innerbetty
    innerbetty Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    This is sort of cathartic. The more I think about it the more there are lol
    Regular Chips dipped in chocolate pudding
    Cold pizza and any pizza for that matter I peel all the toppings off and eat them first then lick off the pizza sauce (only when no one's looking) and eat the bread/crust last.
    Frozen fries usually just before I put them in the oven but it's happened where i simply had no interest in cooking them..
    Cold chef boyardee and just thawed pizza pops (I blame camping as a teenager where drinking took precedence over eating for these ones)
    I'm sure there are more but I can't continue on this path as it's making me crave a lot of my vice foods.
  • libbymcbain
    libbymcbain Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    When I eat a banana, I never finish the whole thing. I always leave about 1.5"

No idea why...

I teach preschool. I have a kid in my class who won't finish a banana ever, also. He says that the part of the banana that is still in the peel as you're holidng it is "The banana's butt" and he refuses to eat it.

:laugh: That's cute! Sad too, that I have something in common with a preschooler, lol.

I don't eat the end of a banana either. The little black thing at the end bothers me.

Me neither. The dimple thing scares me. My husband things that it is hilarious that I am scared of a little bit of banana.
  • libbymcbain
    libbymcbain Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    And I am also scared of egg whites unless they are cooked firm. Uncooked egg white on top of the yolk of a fried egg is just horrific.
  • sissiluv
    sissiluv Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    I have difficulty eating an entire apple so I save them until my tummy is growling, not for a snack. Also, sometimes I'll drink pickle juice and if I'm gonna eat peanut butter it's gotta be refrigerated, not room temp. However, leftover pizza can NOT be a) cold as in refrigerated or b) reheated. It HAS to be room temp or I'm ticked. Likewise things like pizza pops, microwave burritos, gooey pizza etcetc I have to eat with a knife and a fork. I hate having sticky or greasy fingers.
  • DoingitWell
    DoingitWell Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I never eat powdered anything when I'm wearing black.
  • splashblob
    splashblob Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I eat one thing at a time and I mostly don't mind eating things plain with no condiment. Drive my mom crazy because she likes to add sauce or condiment on anything.
  • alana_swiss
    Options
    I have to think really hard in the mornings when I'm deciding on a sweet or savoury breakfast. I literally make a mental list of pros and cons of each hahah

That's like me for EVERY meal... when I have two or more 'potential meals' in my house, I have such a hard time choosing which of those meals I should eat
  • alana_swiss
    Options
    I can not drink out of a can. I am always afraid something crawled into the can when I wasn't looking. Same with keeping water by my bed. It can't be an open container. If it is I have to turn on the light and check it before drinking just in case there is a spider in the glass.

Yes I need help.

One time I was drinking a Dr. Pepper in a bottle and felt something in my mouth. I assumed it was a piece of syrup or something and bit into it. It squirted! I spit it out and guess what it was? A roach egg. Not kidding.

:sick::sick: :sick: :sick: oh. my. god.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    A couple. With pizza I eat only the cheese first, then the sauce, then the dough... I savor it. If the pizza isn't made with good cheese I don't want it.

Also, I like mixing stuff together that I don't eat at restaurants.
  • mercina22
    mercina22 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    If I have a plate of food, I'll eat the stuff I like least first. Don't know why--it's not as if i was a member of the Clean Plate Club as a kid. I guess I just want it gone so I can concentrate on the stuff I really like.

Exactly! Get the crappy stuff out of the way. I also do this with candy flavors.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I like to eat powdered milk dry by the spoonful.
  • Roger8086
    Options
    Sandwiches, burgers, crackers, cookies, steak, etc...I eat the corners and edges first and make my way toward the center.

SAME!
    Always have eaten the edges and outsides of things first before i eat the centre...dont know why...makes it better...somehow :P

Wow, a lot of people seem to do this. I thought I was the only one. My family used to tease me about it.

Apparently I am part of a great crowd. I wonder what you call folks like us? Circumfrencists? Oo
  • underthecherrytree
    underthecherrytree Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I don't bite sandwiches or burgers. I rip pieces off and eat them. Have always done this and don't know why.
  • little_silver_bell
    Options
    I have to chew everything 10 times

I eat the outside of everything first

if I have one of those breakfast bagel things I cut it in half and eat one part all togther and the other half I eat it one at a time

I dab greasy foods with a napkin it just gets on my last nerve when I eat something and its all greasy

I have to have two cups of water in a row

edt I tear my food

and I tear the skin off of grapes eat that then eat the grape in tiny bites lol me and my sister used to do that and we would call it a naked grape
  • kairsme
    Options
    If I have a plate of food, I'll eat the stuff I like least first. Don't know why--it's not as if i was a member of the Clean Plate Club as a kid. I guess I just want it gone so I can concentrate on the stuff I really like.

This, every time.
  • little_silver_bell
    Options
    I can not drink out of a can. I am always afraid something crawled into the can when I wasn't looking. Same with keeping water by my bed. It can't be an open container. If it is I have to turn on the light and check it before drinking just in case there is a spider in the glass.

Yes I need help.

I always assume people drink my drink lol I hate backwash ew