Do you have a strange eating habit?

Options

Replies

• sarrymerry
    sarrymerry Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    red and purple skittles go together like baked beans and ketchup ON toast :)
  • thebutteredtoast
    Options
    1. When I eat M&Ms or Skittles I separate them into groups by color. I then eat them in groups, two M&Ms or Skittles at a time. I eat my least favorite color first and then work my way up to my favorite color, lol.

2. Whenever I eat french fries I have to eat them two at a time. Not one, not three. Two.

3. I eat / buy everything in even numbers. 2 slices of turkey, two slices of tomato, etc. I can't eat it if it has odd numbers ... it bugs me. I know, a bit OCD.
  • 47feeling60
    47feeling60 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Oh, this too. You know how waffles have the criss-cross lines? And grilled steak has the sear marks that criss-cross on it? When I was a kid, I thought those were the lines you were supposed to cut on. I still do that.

This made me smile! Thanks for sharing.:laugh:
  • OMG_Twinkies
    OMG_Twinkies Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I have to start on the left side of my plate and finish each thing before I move on to something else, and I ONLY eat clockwise and I won't eat anything that's touched something else. Ever since I was little! The only time I don't is on Thanksgiving when I mix everything together on my plate.
  • alexbusnello
    alexbusnello Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    1. I have to have my oatmeal Really warm or hot, so coming from the pot isn't enough. I need to put it in the microwave for 1:30 then add two tblsp of water into it to mix it well again. If it gets too cool for me, I'll get up in the middle of eating it to reheat it again.

2. I pick off the corners of buns and eat them first or I don't eat the longer pieces at all.

3. I have to eat my carbs first and then protein, on my plate.

4. I like to mix certain foods together like chicken with rutabaga on my fork. I'll take a piece of my chicken breast and a bit of my mashed rutabaga and eat it together. I also do that with beans, especially baked brown beans and mashed potatoes or rutabaga.

5. I have to cut certain sandwiches in half. And while eating, if one part is longer than the other, I have to eat the longer piece first.

6. When making oatmeal, I have to add the ingredients in certain order and technique

7. I have to drink two cups of cold water before eating breakfast and I have to have either a green tea during my breakfast or a black coffee with Stevia. Sometimes more water after if I don't feel too full.

8. I eat slowly to make it last longer, especially if it tastes good.

9. I turn my plate or bowl a lot when eat.

10. If my tea or coffee goes anywhere near luke warm, I zap it like my oatmeal.

11. I cover my mouth with my hand. It's automatic for me while people are around.

12. I don't eat the tiny ends of a banana like the tiny black thing. lol

13. I always think about breakfast and what I'm going to have and how I'm going to make it, it's nutrition, how it will serve me for the day (especially if I plan on working out that day), what flavors I want, ect. I always go for oatmeal or an oat flour, chocolate peanut butter and coffee protein drink. I make that the night before and just take it out of the fridge, make my tea or coffee and drink my water before having my shake.

Ummmm......There might be more. lol
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure everybody presses down their sandwiches. Otherwise you have things falling out all over the place. Sandwich pressing is just normal. My parents taught me when I was a kid. It was a rule, like using a fork or not slurping your milk.

I've never seen anyway else press down their sandwich except me. All my friends at school thought it was very strange. I did stop doing it a while back since people always use to point it out. Yeah sure people hold their sandwiches together when eating the sandwich but flatten down the whole thing, erm I don't think that's common.

i actually see alot of people do that, myself included
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I have to think really hard in the mornings when I'm deciding on a sweet or savoury breakfast. I literally make a mental list of pros and cons of each hahah

Also, if no one is around, I tend to just stick my fork into my steak, chicken or whatever and take bites out of it. Down with knives!!
  • 47feeling60
    47feeling60 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    When i eat oreo's, I nibble around the top part of the cookie, then the bottom of the cookie, and save the frosted middle last.

Also i nibble around the outside of pretzels untill all the brown is gone, then finish it off.
  • Ibelievenme2
    Ibelievenme2 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I don't like my food to touch. I am trying to break that habit my family keep laughing at me. I eat all of one thing first and turn my plate around for the next item. I have to wash the first item down with water. I like eating sandwiches because I don't care if the foods touch each other, but I don't want anyone to talk to me when I eat the last 2 bites. I enjoy my last 2 bites.:glasses:
  • lenoresaari
    lenoresaari Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I eat dessert for breakfast
  • alexbusnello
    Options
    I have to think really hard in the mornings when I'm deciding on a sweet or savoury breakfast. I literally make a mental list of pros and cons of each hahah

Also, if no one is around, I tend to just stick my fork into my steak, chicken or whatever and take bites out of it. Down with knives!!

I do the mental list too!
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    If i am eating say steak with mashed potatoes or vegetables,the last 2 bites on the plate have to be one of each. A bite of steak and one of the side dish. If i finish the steak first, i don't want the rest of the potatoes anymore. If i finish the potatoes first i don't want the rest of the steak without it.

I do this too! lol When I'm eating a burger, I always eat the excess bun hanging off before actually eating the burger. A friend of mine noticed I tend to eat in a circle. So if I have say steak, baked spud and veggie on a plate I will eat everything in a circle till I reach the middle. When I eat Greek yogurt or ice cream, I can't just put the stuff on a spoon and stick the spoon in my mouth to eat it. I have to lick it off the spoon. Same thing when I'm snacking on my PB lol...good thing I have my own PB and don't have to share it with anyone in the house lol. If I'm eating a veggie I don't like, I will eat the veggie before everything else to "get it over with" lol
  • bikinibeliever
    bikinibeliever Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    I eat Twix by eating the chocolate edges first, then the caramel off the top, and then the cookie bottom. I also eat Lucky Charms by eating all the oat pieces first then the marshmallows in order by shape with the most to the shape with the least.
    [/quote

I eat twist bars the same way. :laugh:
  • alexbusnello
    Options
    If i am eating say steak with mashed potatoes or vegetables,the last 2 bites on the plate have to be one of each. A bite of steak and one of the side dish. If i finish the steak first, i don't want the rest of the potatoes anymore. If i finish the potatoes first i don't want the rest of the steak without it.

I do this too! lol When I'm eating a burger, I always eat the excess bun hanging off before actually eating the burger. A friend of mine noticed I tend to eat in a circle. So if I have say steak, baked spud and veggie on a plate I will eat everything in a circle till I reach the middle. When I eat Greek yogurt or ice cream, I can't just put the stuff on a spoon and stick the spoon in my mouth to eat it. I have to lick it off the spoon. Same thing when I'm snacking on my PB lol...good thing I have my own PB and don't have to share it with anyone in the house lol. If I'm eating a veggie I don't like, I will eat the veggie before everything else to "get it over with" lol

Me too! lol
  • m8605
    m8605 Posts: 102
    Options
    I like pepperoni on my pizza but it has to be with another topping. It can't just be pepperoni and cheese. I also like honey mustard on my pizza
  • isabele123
    isabele123 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I sprinkle garlic powder on peanut butter its real good but a lot of people thinks its gross:smile:
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    1. When I eat M&Ms or Skittles I separate them into groups by color. I then eat them in groups, two M&Ms or Skittles at a time. I eat my least favorite color first and then work my way up to my favorite color, lol.

2. Whenever I eat french fries I have to eat them two at a time. Not one, not three. Two.

3. I eat / buy everything in even numbers. 2 slices of turkey, two slices of tomato, etc. I can't eat it if it has odd numbers ... it bugs me. I know, a bit OCD.

Funny, I tend to eat my fries one at a time and never realized it till I read this ^^^
  • devynmariee
    Options
    I LOVE FRANKS RED, I litteraly put that **** on EVERYTHING.
  • canadiandee
    canadiandee Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Back when I used to regularly eat 3 Musketeers candy bars, I'd break it in half, then pull the chocolate gently off the nougat, eat the chocolate by itself and then eat the nougat last. After I did that with one half I'd do the same thing with the other half. It really was sort of a ritual and I think I did that to make it take longer to eat.

OK.... now I want a 3 Musketeers! :ohwell: :noway:

I do the same with Oh Henrys. Eat the chocolate/nut coating, then the inside stick thing. My sister-in-law starts coughing any time anyone says the word salt, always has.
  • elizabethis
    elizabethis Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I stopped eating eggs (unless they're in something) when I was 9 years old because a friend of mine told me that the white squiggly thing you see in the egg is a disembodied chicken umbilical cord. Never have been able to mentally get past that one.....wish I could.