Do you have a strange eating habit?

Options

Replies

• ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    I don't like my food to touch each other unless it's supposed to like a pizza or a pie.
    I don't like more than one kind of meat in one sitting.
    On take out pizza only (never frozen brands), I take all the toppings off and eat the crust first, then the cheese.
    If I have ice cream, I have to have a glass of ice water with it.
  • Leslietheriot
    Leslietheriot Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    If I have a plate of food, I'll eat the stuff I like least first. Don't know why--it's not as if i was a member of the Clean Plate Club as a kid. I guess I just want it gone so I can concentrate on the stuff I really like.
    I do this too. When I was a kid, I was made to clean my plate so I did it to get past the things I didn't like first as well.
  • ErinShannon
    ErinShannon Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I grew up in NYC and now live in Maine for 20 yrs and I've never seen anyone flatten a sandwich or burger...lol.
  • Lovelygirl1975
    Lovelygirl1975 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    *I don't like my food to touch unless its supposed to like salad. Yeah, I make several trips at buffets too. My family is used to it and they all buy sectioned plates whenever we have family gatherings ( and everybody eats off them not just me).

*I like my eggs basically burned, completely browned not black but definitely dark brown.

*I love greek yogurt but it has to be room temperature. I can't stand the taste when it's cold. People always say "Oh my god, you' re eating hot yogurt!" I love it that way.
  • silencethelamb
    silencethelamb Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I never finish anything completely, I always have to leave a corner of a sandwich, pizza, a spoonful of soup etc. Been doing that since I was a toddler. No idea why.
  • ashmorgstraws
    Options
    I eat ketchup on my lunch meat sandwiches.
  • 13turtles
    13turtles Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    If someone else makes me a sandwich, I have to undo it, and even everything out before I can eat it. I like to taste everything in each bite, and not have huge chunks on something on one side and non on the other. I've got my husband doing it now as well.
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    I like to indulge in dip eggs (over easy!). I have to eat the egg white first, then take the crust off my toast, dip it into the gooey egg, but I won't eat the part of the yolk that's cooked and hardened.
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    For dinners when I have it balanced, i eat my veggies, then my proteins, then my carbs (pasta/rice, etc). I don't know why, but it's hard to eat them together. Sometimes when I have rice, i can eat the meat and rice together.

Also for burgers and sandwiches, i sometimes eat them layer by layer.
  • Lake_Po
    Lake_Po Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    oooh this is a fun topic! I love talking about quirks!

I peel the tops of bagels and eat that first and if I still want the inside, then I'll eat that (and they MUST be microwaved, not toasted). However, at panera bread, I eat the baguette in the opposite way and I only like the heal end of the bread.

I eat the seeds of pickles before anything else, which is interesting to watch when the pickle isn't cut into spears.

I will only eat one piece of popcorn at a time.

I bite gummy worms segment by segment.

I peel grapes.

I split bananas into thirds by their natural segmentation.

I "thread" macaroni noodles onto my fork tines.

I like to squirt ketchup from a packet onto individual fries, not dip.

I got truffles for Christmas and I noticed that I would bite them in half and then lick out the center and eat the chocolate separate.

I don't like drinking without a straw and I prefer room temperature drinks to cold, except Sprite. That MUST be cold.

Basically, if a food is segmented or can be easily disassembled, that is what I'll do to it.
  • Lake_Po
    Lake_Po Posts: 228 Member
    Options

I eat a lot of things with my hands at home, that you would probably normally eat with cutlery. Eggs on toast, pasta (not spaghetti though) salad, basically anything that isn't in a broth

I do that too. I eat everything with my hands. I don't like utensils, no idea why. I'm a neanderthal
  • AsrarHussain
    AsrarHussain Posts: 1,424 Member
    Options
    I like to watch TV and eat LOL
  • IslandRider
    Options
    I eat lemons whole, everything but the seeds (:

I do this too! Not any other fruits though.

When I have eggs or steak, I have to save a piece of my bread for last so I can wipe my my plate with it and get that last little bit of juicy goodness.
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I eat my peas with honey
    I've done so all my life
    It makes them taste real funny
    But it keeps them on my knife
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    When I have eggs or steak, I have to save a piece of my bread for last so I can wipe my my plate with it and get that last little bit of juicy goodness.

That's standard operating procedure. Nothing strange about it...
  • IslandRider
    Options
    I used to love bread with just mayo. It's so whitetrash.

I add banana pepper rings, it's sooo yummy!
  • jennfranklin
    jennfranklin Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I ONLY eat the edges off of pancakes! LOL
  • vyrk
    vyrk Posts: 5
    Options
    I never eat butter. When something I'm about to eat is greasy I take a tissue and get rid of extra fat. When I eat mandarins I take off almost all that white layer.
  • AMYJK7110
    AMYJK7110 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I HAVE to use the fork from the specific restaurant I ordered my food from. For example, Subway salads, even if I'm taking it home, I can only use the fork from Subway to eat it or I won't eat it at all!
  • RekindledRose
    RekindledRose Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    From Captain_Apoll
    i make eye contact when i eat bananas.

LOL! I needed that laugh!

I eat the seeds. In grapes, apples, oranges, watermelons, etc. Seeds rule.