ladies.. what did u crave when you were pregnant?..

Options

Replies

• DamnImASexyBitch
    DamnImASexyBitch Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    With my oldest I wanted red meat and RARE. I couldn't get enough of it. Turned out I was anemic, so it made sense.
    With my youngest I craved fruit, especially citrus. She was definitely a healthier pregnancy.
  • LMT2012
    LMT2012 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    With both of them, very early, I had to eat a jar of pickled pigs feet! In the area we live, there is a large Polish/Czech population, so such things are on regular grocery shelves. I was familiar with them from my childhood, but never even looked at them as an adult until pregnant...and didn't even know it yet!
    Later on I liked oranges and Coco wheats. Grossed out by eggs.
    Fun question. I hadn't thought about it for a long time.
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    CHEESE!!!!!
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Popsicles, cold fruit, and pasta with bolognese sauce.
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    When I was pregnant with my son I was so sick all I could keep down was ice cream. I lived on ice cream any flavor I actually lost 40lbs. With my daughter I craved nothing but hamburgers I would drive by burger king and salivate thinking of a whopper. I had to drive by really fast and not look or I would have lived on them. I also craved cheese (sharp cheddar) and nutrageous candy bars.
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    donuts

chocolate bars

slurpees

poutine

That's why I gained 80 lbs! HAHA
  • sm1zzle
    sm1zzle Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I know one thing my fiancé DIDN'T crave when she was pregnant.
    :grumble:
  • bonniecarbs
    bonniecarbs Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    in response to the lady who ate chalk and brick dust, I ate argo starch and red clay. it was delish
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    With my first pregnancy I craved fresh fruit...didn't matter what..just fruit.

With my second pregnancy I craved chili cheese footlong hotdogs with mustard and onions (this was also the only thing that ever bothered my stomach...I knew I'd pay for eating it...but I'd do it anyway)
  • c8linmarie
    c8linmarie Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Watermelon and pickled jalapenos (but NOT together, tho) :laugh:

I would go out and buy the biggest seedless watermelon I could find, cut it in half, and dig in with a spoon. I also craved pickled jalapenos, but would only eat it in a salad, and there had to be more jalapenos than lettuce, or it was no good!
  • lmbs1966
    lmbs1966 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    All three pregnancies = Raw potatoes with the skin on, sliced, and watermelon. Just thinking about the potato makes me want one now, and I am way past having any more kids. lol
  • TammyLynne71
    TammyLynne71 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    1St: starbrust candys.
    2nd: Burger Whoppers
    3rd:was on steroids at 23 weeks and everything tasted good
    4th:granny smith apples with carmel sauce and strawberrie with either chocolate or fruit dip
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    I've never been pregnant, but my mom told me that she craved oranges and thin ice chips like crazy. She worked at a hospital so she'd carry around a cup of the ice chips on her rounds and just refill every hour at the ice machine. I thought that was a particularly weird craving.
  • JingleMuffin
    JingleMuffin Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    vinegar, on my sandwiches and salt and vinegar chips and thats about it i think.
  • nmoinsdca
    Options
    With my daughter (now 5) I craved fried pickles with ranch dressing and chocolate ice cream in a waffle bowl with bananas, melted peanut butter, and chocolate syrup.

With my son (almost 3) I craved inn and out hamburger patties just the patty burnt!! they normally cook there patties for 3 mins i had them cook mine for 7 mins. 10 patties every day. thats all i wanted. Oh!! and ice tea with lemon non stop!
  • cdspark
    cdspark Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    With my son I had to have grapes, my daughter I craved ice cream.
  • davenportk83
    davenportk83 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    raisan bran cereal and tuna subs from subway........could not tolerate chinese food, sweet tea and BBQ pork and I am a southern girl so this was particularly tragic!!
  • ajadumas
    ajadumas Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    With my first, anything spicey. I ate at Chipotle AT LEAST weekly. And with baby #2, ice cold, 1% milk. I could drink a half gallon a day!!
  • LBNOakland
    LBNOakland Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I am a coffee-holic. My first clue I was preggers was I couldn't STAND coffee! AT ALL!!

1st baby - craved nutter butters dipped in marshmellow creme - miscarried that baby

2nd baby - craved bbq sauce and mashed potatoes. no matter what the meat was, I cooked it in bbq sauce then made mashed potatoes from scratch, skin on. bbq sauce was poured on it like gravy. Hubby would tell me to please make his without bbq sauce. I rarely put bbq sauce on anything before or since then. I am also a dr. pepper fanatic. I only drank coke in that pregnancy.

3rd baby - craved sweet tea. rarely drank it before or since.

4th baby - no cravings. nauseous all the time and barely ate

5th baby - too tired to crave. I had 3 little ones underfoot!! LOL
  • laurenkoszola
    laurenkoszola Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    With my daughter, I craved Coke slurpees and Jays Sour Cream and Onion chips. And I would have to eat something immediately in the morning after I got up or I would feel nauseous the rest of the day.(I would usually eat an apple in the morning)