January Step Challenge

Options
New Year - New Challenge!

Challenge is to do 10,000 steps in a day. You can do this for any one day or try for the entire month. Jump right in at any time! You can set a lower or higher goal if you wish. Our main goal is to keep activate every day!

It's easy to join - Just post here to begin!

You will need a step counter to keep track of your steps and then post your results daily here.

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,975 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: Yes, I'll be doing this again in January.....if it works, don't fix it.

:bigsmile: I carry my pedometer all day every day.....it's an Omron HJ-720ITC

1461351h0otf8hco5.gif
  • tlkoehl75
    tlkoehl75 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I would like to do this also! I have a great pedometer, now I just have to move instead of sit!!! LOL :laugh:
  • Ferfey02
    Options
    I'm in, again :)
  • cddroid
    cddroid Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Count me in.

cddroid
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    I'm in and anxious to use my new pedometer.
  • foleyshirley
    foleyshirley Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    I am in. Got a fitbit zip for Christmas.
  • JulieB_MN
    JulieB_MN Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I'm in! My FitBit counts it for me. Yesterday I hit 10,000
  • Pixie8504
    Pixie8504 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Use a pedometer every day
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    My pedometer broke but just got it glued together.
    I hope it works again or I will be buying another.
    I am in !!

I will start today.
  • MidgetGidget
    Options
    Have Fitbit One, will track steps.... so count me in for January 2013

Happy New Year all.
  • farmboyphotography
    farmboyphotography Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    My wife (SMC_Chick on MFP) and I both got a FitBit One in December. Feel free to add either or both of us. We set our goals at the defaults: 10,000 steps and 10 flights of stairs. 10,000 steps is a good target for us but we do more stairs. Our best so far, 76 and 75 flights of stairs in one day. Give that one a try, especially if you try to do all 75 in a row.

Good luck! I am in on the step challenge!
  • claritarejoice
    claritarejoice Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this! I'm in! I have the same goal as December, because I didn't meet my goal last month :( That is to move over 10,000 steps *every single* day, not just average. I've usually been able to exceed the goal about 5 days a week, but I want to be consistent 7 days a week. Here's to success in January!!
  • amandaj1966
    amandaj1966 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Count me in, I have to up my exercise as I am getting married in March and need to lose a few lbs. I have been laid up recovering from an operation for the last 10 weeks so starting on the 1st Jan I will be getting back on my feet.
  • moonracer3
    Options
    I'm in again, I just have to figure out where to set my goal as I killed it last month.
  • Nownourish
    Nownourish Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I would love to do this also...thanks for posting :)
  • bolisina
    Options
    Hi all. I just joined and would like to be counted in! :happy:
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    I started this challenge last month and loved it. I used a cheaper used pedometer my husband had got me but never used so he did. I just got a Zipbit zip from my kids for Christmas and synced it with my MFP account. I will continue to wear my pedometer for a bit to compare. Last month I had 4 jobs and three of them are active to some level. However my most active job was seasonal and another active job will slow down so my general activity will go down (until I find another). I will be going back to my typical exercise schedule of one hour a day 6 days a week. Some of this is walks with running intervals which will be counted into my steps but some is Aquafit and possible other exercise. So again my steps will likely go down this month. Basically I am new to this step challenge too. After losing 37 pounds I find that it is general activity level that helps me lose weight more than anything at this point so that is why I joined this challenge. My goal is to up my general activity level as monitored by my Zipbit. So my goal isn't going to be as high as it was last month but it will be to improve from a sedentary life style when not formally exercising to a a more active one. People seem to think tracking cooking, cleaning and shopping as cheating but for me that is what is key. I have done well with formal exercise now I want to up the general activity. Thanks for this challenge. Maybe the last days of December will help me decide on a realistic place to start for January and the New Year.
  • LJA1968
    LJA1968 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I'm in for January. My goal will remain 10,000 steps per day. I'm not averaging, I want to hit my target each day.
  • pet1127
    pet1127 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    yes please im in
  • ChristieDF
    ChristieDF Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I'm in again. My fitbit keeps up with my steps. I have the default of 15000 steps a day right now. Love this and it keeps me accountable.