Why wouldn't you kiss someone?

Options

Replies

• NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    Also, when the hell did kissing become more intimate than having sex?

That is probably the issue with my generation.

a *kitten* could be more intimate than sex too.

General note for everyone: More likely to get an std from oral since people don't use protection with that. Side note, several STD tests have a lot of false negatives or aren't even done as part of STD panels so you could think your partner is "clean" and wind up with a surprise. Sex it up all you like, but use condoms for everything.
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    He invited you over to "sleep and cuddle", you bought it and you think he wants a relationship? He didn't kiss you because he just wanted to "cuddle", nothing more.
    ^I'm going to go with this.
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    Options
    I told him I didn't want to have sex yet but I would at least be nice enough to not leave him suffering, if you know what I mean.

How many Friend Requests did you receive after this statement?
  • thoseblueeyes
    thoseblueeyes Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    My heart breaks for you but yeah he wanted a booty call in some way. Next time get to know the guy and go out a few times then see where it goes. Hope your okay and your feel bads are not to hurt.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I didn't read the other replies yet but I'm guessing if you fooled around without having traditional sex he blew his load in your mouth and didn't want to kiss you afterward.

Really? Why? Does he think she's like saving it up in her cheek to spit it back?
  • DamnImASexyBitch
    DamnImASexyBitch Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    I didn't read the other replies yet but I'm guessing if you fooled around without having traditional sex he blew his load in your mouth and didn't want to kiss you afterward.

Really? Why? Does he think she's like saving it up in her cheek to spit it back?

A lot of men feel that way. Mostly *kitten* as I've already addressed. A lot of women feel that way about the reverse too. Not confident in their own body and sexuality.
  • EmpressOfJudgment
    EmpressOfJudgment Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    Here to the unpopular point of view - abstain from intimacy like that until you meet your best friend who you want to marry, then after wedding have all you want. I am big fan of this, because I have found it to be the only one way that works with Happily Ever After ending.

Yeah, if sex isn't that important to you and you don't care of you marry someone who is potentially terrible/boring in the sack, this is the way to land righteous man.

You can have self-respect and still have sex before marriage. Also, I don't think the OP said anything about looking for a husband. She just wanted to have fun. Sheesh.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Here to the unpopular point of view - abstain from intimacy like that until you meet your best friend who you want to marry, then after wedding have all you want. I am big fan of this, because I have found it to be the only one way that works with Happily Ever After ending.

Yeah, if sex isn't that important to you and you don't care of you marry someone who is potentially terrible/boring in the sack, this is the way to land righteous man.

You can have self-respect and still have sex before marriage. Also, I don't think the OP said anything about looking for a husband. She just wanted to have fun. Sheesh.

Agreed.

I'm not interested in a "Happily Ever After." I recognize that this is real life, with stresses and conflicts over bills, broken car parts, work schedules, and arguments over whose turn it is to change the cat litter. I need a romantic relationship that allows for adult conversation about all that, not a Disney delusion that falls apart when Cinderella realizes glass slippers give her blisters.
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    Options

Agreed.

I'm not interested in a "Happily Ever After." I recognize that this is real life, with stresses and conflicts over bills, broken car parts, work schedules, and arguments over whose turn it is to change the cat litter. I need a romantic relationship that allows for adult conversation about all that, not a Disney delusion that falls apart when Cinderella realizes glass slippers give her blisters.

I just want someone to change the litter. I'll do the rest.
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    when i didnt kiss people it meant i didnt wanna get close to them.. that i just wanted to keep it how it was.... i was never a fan of kissing because i never wanted to feel emotion with someone... now that im married i love pecking and kissing.... soooo he probably didnt wanna get close to u.. sorry no offense.. but..... im pretty sure when a man asks if u wanna sleep over and cuddle it means just sex....... duh lol...... sorry girl but u kinda got played... he just wanted sex obviously

This^
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Guys can be afraid too... A kiss can be on a whole different level of affection in their minds.. Maybe hes waiting for you to make that move. If you really like him.. You need to be the one to make the move. Part that beard and go for it! :smile: I dare you.. And then come back and let us know how it went! :happy: It New Years Eve... Today is the perfect day!
  • kaleas
    kaleas Posts: 200
    Options
    I really just wanted to hear about reasons why people wouldn't kiss someone in an intimate setting. I'm not bummed/my feelings aren't hurt/i'm not out to make the dude my husband. There's nothing to move on from. Just a general curiosity.

Also if a guy wont let you kiss him after giving him oral, then that's the end of an interesting sex life right there.
  • trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    I really just wanted to hear about reasons why people wouldn't kiss someone in an intimate setting. I'm not bummed/my feelings aren't hurt/i'm not out to make the dude my husband. There's nothing to move on from. Just a general curiosity.

Also if a guy wont let you kiss him after giving him oral, then that's the end of an interesting sex life right there.

Lots of people, guys especially, have intimacy issues. Especially during sex. Like guys that wont kiss after oral or ever go down on a girl...issues.
  • drusilla126
    drusilla126 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Being in your mid 20's is weird.

I'm with ya there.
  • abentrup
    abentrup Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    as the story goes...maybe he is just not into you! LMAO...i dunno
  • abentrup
    abentrup Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    It's the herpes!

rule of thumb: Dont have a "cuddle" date with an outbreak!
  • mdyorston
    Options
    my friends tell that my last "relationship" went nowhere because I didn't try banging her by the 4-5th date and that she may have gotten board.

Is that possible? Figured women rather meet a guy that doesn't try to just do them on the first or second date.

4 or 5th date and NADA? Or is it a BJ, HJ and ZJ 4th or 5th date?

well there weren't real opportunities the last couple dates but was planning on it soon...but just wasn't feeling the whole thing and we kinda just stopped talking.

If true...sorry for being a gentleman..lol. No HJ, BJ or ZJ either.

You are a rare breed my friend.....a lot of men don't even know what a real date is. I'm taking time off to figure out what I am doing wrong.
  • mdyorston
    Options
    Sex is secondary...hence why prostitutes don`t go with the whole kissing thing.

Where is the proof of this? Besides Julia Roberts movies, how many of you have experienced hookers?

Possible reference HBO Cathouse: The Series or HBO Bunny Ranch: The Series.
    Well, if it's on TV it has to be true! ;)

Also, regarding Real Sex, that show is rarely as sexy as I want it to be. Kind of like nude beaches.
    ^^ lol right? ugh
  • mdyorston
    Options
    I'm tired of searching for the post from the OP where she said she didn't want him to "suffer"....to that I say, what about you??? I hate being all hot and bothered and no damn release...........what did you get out of this? and if you started fooling around after having been sleep for awhile you both probably had morning breath.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    If I wasn't feeling the person, I wouldn't kiss them(IE if they had offended me during the date or there just was that general feeling of not being attracted to them)

I went out with a guy a few times who was really sweet and seemed to be into me but would only hug me.. wouldn't kiss me. Needless to say that flopped quick.

Now the guy I'm seeing, kissed me at the end of date number one.. and has been kissing me ever since ;)