Why wouldn't you kiss someone?

Options
So. I had a weird evening, and I was discussing the events with a male friend over breakfast. Both of us are confused by the situation.

I've been flirting with a coworker for several weeks. After a few hang outs, he invited me over to sleep and "cuddle". We got rather intimate, but throughout the whole thing, not once did we kiss each other.

As a 24 year old woman who has had a few intimate encounters, kissing is like...the first base. The foundation. You can't have anything else without the kissing.

My mind is boggled. Has anybody else encountered this?

(i ruled out bad breath, as I know we both showered and cleaned up before meeting. He also is a rather bearded man. Maybe he was afraid I couldn't find his lips in the mess of hair.)

Replies

• _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    He invited you over to "sleep and cuddle", you bought it and you think he wants a relationship? He didn't kiss you because he just wanted to "cuddle", nothing more.
  • totallydevious
    totallydevious Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    In my experiences, if it is just a hook up or booty call, then kissing doesn't happen.
  • lovelyMYlovely
    lovelyMYlovely Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    when i didnt kiss people it meant i didnt wanna get close to them.. that i just wanted to keep it how it was.... i was never a fan of kissing because i never wanted to feel emotion with someone... now that im married i love pecking and kissing.... soooo he probably didnt wanna get close to u.. sorry no offense.. but..... im pretty sure when a man asks if u wanna sleep over and cuddle it means just sex....... duh lol...... sorry girl but u kinda got played... he just wanted sex obviously
  • one15ts
    Options
    He invited you over to "sleep and cuddle", you bought it and you think he wants a relationship? He didn't kiss you because he just wanted to "cuddle", nothing more.

unfortunately i thought this too when i read your op.
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Sorry honey, this isn't going to go as you want - he just wants you for your cuddles, nothing more.

Move on quickly, spare yourself the heartache of getting attached.

Also, he may just be a bad kisser. If that's the case, see the above sentence.
  • kaleas
    kaleas Posts: 200
    Options

I wasnt going into it expecting a relationship. I knew what our "sleep and cuddle" time meant. We didn't have sex, just fooled around. However I thought kissing was just something everyone did, whether you were just planning on hooking up or not.

Isn't kissing the best part of it?
  • sm1zzle
    sm1zzle Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Kissing is considered personal by many people.

Appears to me as if he just wanted to knock a piece off.
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Reasons I wouldn't kiss someone: they have bad breath, I don't want to kiss them (attraction) or the location is wrong.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    kissing is considered personal...as others have said...

it IS the best part in a lot of ways and it is the part I love the most.. in foreplay as it gets everything else moving and going...

but it really is personal...and its sharing a piece of yourself, sharing breath....so some people do regard it as a no no with just sex situations...
  • lovelyMYlovely
    Options
    i dont like kissing but i like it when someone tries to kiss me.. its funny and cute... so maybe thats why ur mad.... u know u can catch alot from kissing.. like mono or oral herpes... oral herpes can turn into genital herpes.. anyways.. so u guys didnt have sex but fooled around?.. confused usually when u just fool around it means kissing or oral or like a massage..... idk this is weird... i think ur thinking a bit to much....... some guys love kissing i know that if i start making out with my man it will definetely lead to sex.. so maybe he didnt kiss u cuz he didnt want u to take it the wrong way if u had sex..... ?
  • lovelyMYlovely
    Options
    also.. believe me if he is messing around wih u and willing to sleep next to u its not ur breath.... lol... people are weird....
  • MusicInMyHeart
    Options
    So. I had a weird evening, and I was discussing the events with a male friend over breakfast. Both of us are confused by the situation.

I've been flirting with a coworker for several weeks. After a few hang outs, he invited me over to sleep and "cuddle". We got rather intimate, but throughout the whole thing, not once did we kiss each other.

As a 24 year old woman who has had a few intimate encounters, kissing is like...the first base. The foundation. You can't have anything else without the kissing.

My mind is boggled. Has anybody else encountered this?

(i ruled out bad breath, as I know we both showered and cleaned up before meeting. He also is a rather bearded man. Maybe he was afraid I couldn't find his lips in the mess of hair.)

It's called a booty call.
  • Rogue_Minx
    Rogue_Minx Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Why in the world would you "cuddle" with someone that you haven't kissed? :noway:

Why do people get themselves into situations like this?:grumble:
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options

I wasnt going into it expecting a relationship. I knew what our "sleep and cuddle" time meant. We didn't have sex, just fooled around. However I thought kissing was just something everyone did, whether you were just planning on hooking up or not.

Isn't kissing the best part of it?

If kissing is the best part, you're doing it wrong.

...or HE is.
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    He's a coworker!!
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    :indifferent:
  • sm1zzle
    sm1zzle Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Why in the world would you "cuddle" with someone that you haven't kissed? :noway:

It's called Game... and apparently he has some.

Women are helpless when a guy has game.

Ever watch True Blood.... a guy can 'glamour' a woman very easy if done right.
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options

In a nutshell ^^^ THIS
  • lovelyMYlovely
    Options

It's called Game... and apparently he has some.

Women are helpless when a guy has game.

Ever watch True Blood.... a guy can 'glamour' a woman very easy if done right.
    a woman can have game to so watch out.... when i was single i broke alot of hearts... not on purpose.. just cuz i liked attention.. lol.. hehe... so woman know how to do this also.. but woman are a bit more convincing in my opinion... i never really fell for a mans game except my current mans.. and boy ill tell u it sucks.... so i guess i got back all my karma for the past... :(
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    God! I just love the forums!