Anybody single?

Options

Replies

• mikey1976
    mikey1976 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    When you're as ugly as I am, it's easy to be single and not worry about motivation from others.
    this says it for me i hate be single
  • BorgieMN
    BorgieMN Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I stayed motivated by seeing every pound come off, buying smaller clothes, and living life again, rather than being a pile of crap like I was for so long.
  • shutterbug282
    shutterbug282 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    It's not about having a SO to back me up. I'm doing this for me, not anyone else. :)
  • seaukes
    Options
    i am single and i wish i had some way to keep motivated

and when u have an ex always emailing u telling u that ur ugly and fat it makes it hard to wanna do stuff cuz no one will notice. but new years is here so i am gonna work my butt off to get looking sexy so i can prove to my ex that i am not ugly and either way i wanna feel great about me and i wanna be noticed.

just need to find away to get movitvated
  • EmpressOfJudgment
    EmpressOfJudgment Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    I think it's easier, actually. More time and energy to devote to my goals.
    This is true for me. And I know a lot of people who put on weight when they got comfortable in a relationship.
  • myth4ever
    Options
    We don't have to fight for the last of the egg whites...I get all my meals in!
  • yourenotmine
    yourenotmine Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Well, I guess the same way you stay motivated to do anything on your own. I do not think I would find it helpful to have someone looking over my shoulder at what I am and am not eating. I just don't do well with scrutiny. Besides, don't most people put on weight when they get all comfortable?

You can always get a workout buddy who is NOT a SO. And getting good friends on here is a great motivator too.

Good luck with your goals. :)
  • pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I find it easier being single...
    I put on weight when im in a relationship, especially my last one... wont eat veggie meals, wont eat half the stuff i liked, we ate rubbish a lot because it was what we would both eat .... ate out a lot because he didnt cook so his turn would mean take away or visiting a restaurant...
    im doing this for me... not because someone else has motivated me to, and definitely not because i want to meet someone...
    x
  • Daisy_Cutter_
    Daisy_Cutter_ Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I've done it both ways....being single is much easier. In fact...think I'll go out for run #2 .

Good luck...and do this for YOU.
  • Samerah12
    Samerah12 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I have a much easier time when I'm single. I always end up going out for food/drinks more when I'm with someone. And having someone who takes up a lot of your time gets in the way of exercise.

I also think I'd get resentful pretty quick if the person I was sleeping with was trying to get me to lose weight.
  • yourenotmine
    yourenotmine Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    When you're as ugly as I am, it's easy to be single and not worry about motivation from others.

Yeah, right Joshacham. Reeeeeallll ugly. Bah.
  • louiselebeau
    louiselebeau Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I am so much better at being motivated when I am single. I tend to date men who hate vegetables and exercise. They do however love large women, which just throws any good habits I have under the bus for some reason.

I am not even trying to date until I get fit enough for me. Maybe then I could score someone who gives a damn about themselves and knows how to take care of them self. Maybe I will just stay single because I tend to do better than way. I always end up with mewling man children who have no idea how to do anything and perhaps my motivation is to stay single and fit. :P
  • louiselebeau
    louiselebeau Posts: 220 Member
    Options

I hope that is sarcasm my bearded friend.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    Self Motivation FTW!!!!

i do this for ME.....after all...i'm the one that gets to touch this body 24/7.....

MUAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA

and I do....i SO do.
  • BamsieEkhaya
    BamsieEkhaya Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I think it's easier, actually. More time and energy to devote to my goals.
    This is true for me. And I know a lot of people who put on weight when they got comfortable in a relationship.

I am one of those people...still in a relationship and it's so hard when your OH cooks or wants to be all romantic and go to a restaurant or just likes eating out !

It's easier because its a LDR but when I do see him I have to have a serious amount of cals left or we go for walks, it's too easy to get comfortable and just eat everything when you're with someone who isn't on a diet or anything
  • SweeDecadence92
    SweeDecadence92 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I find staying fit and healthy significatly easier without a SO. It's became such an important part of my life that having partners whom i feel hinder me in regards to my fitness and weightloss goals usually don't last long.

My health and fitness is a complete solo operation, having someone backing me up is great but absolutely unnessesary.

If you need an external source of inspiration, well thats what the MFP community is there for. Also, there are a lot of inspiring health blogs out there.
  • sarahg148
    sarahg148 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I agree 100% that it's easier to not have to worry about somebody else or their feelings when trying to get back into shape. No guilt trips, no skipping the gym because he wants to stay home, etc etc. You can eat what and where you want, too...my biggest issue. Now I'm not saying that I wouldn't LOVE to have a bf right now, but I'd like to wait until I feel better about mySELF. It gives me more motivation having somebody...keeps me going just knowing I'll be seen without clothing, lol. :wink: :noway: :blushing:
  • haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I actually love training, so it's not really a problem. I understand it can be after being inactive or having an illness. I had a cold yesterday and just said $%& it and forget the gym, but I had a hot shower and felt much better and went to go and lift weights and felt great at the end of the day.
  • ArianaLuvsMe101
    Options
    Im single and I certainly find it hard. I try to put a recording that plays all the time in a funny voice to remind me every morning not to hog food!
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    Yes, I am.

As a single person, you have to stay fit because you have to market yourself as a quality partner. Competition is intense, particularly if you're looking for attractive single females in their 20s who have a plethora of options.

When you have a long term partner, it is easy to adopt the mindset that they'll be around and let your fitness slide. Being single is so much more difficult than being in a long term relationship because it is easier to maintain a long term relationship than make the efforts to court someone new.