Anybody single?

Options

Replies

• LandonRand
    Options
    Wanting to be the healthiest I can be for my future partner has kept me on track
  • fashionista_jas
    fashionista_jas Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Honestly when I had a boyfriend I always felt beautiful only because he said I was, and once we broke up I felt devastated because he said I was ugly, and not that great anyways and how he hated me and etc. I do in fact feel that being single helps me now more than ever, hopefully I meet someone who is determined to live a healthy life style, I think that would push me now more than ever!
  • shiraLA
    shiraLA Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Because I'm doing this for me not a SO. And I have to be happy with myself before I can be happy with someone else. so I'm perfectly ok with being single and working on improving myself.

^^^this
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I think it's way easier being single. I've done it both ways and its easier single.

It also easier being single and then meeting someone when you're maybe at goal or close. They enter your life with you eating right, exercising and all that. So, your SO doesn't know you any other way. It's sort of ideal.
  • smexime
    smexime Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Well this might be *kitten* backwards but my ex was upset when I started to workout and eat healthy, apparently not being available to wait on him and foot was selfish. My health, after gaining weight from being sick, was and is my priority. So my motivation is looking at myself everyday knowing I'm doing the best for me :>
  • Wyiauta
    Options
    i am single and i wish i had some way to keep motivated

and when u have an ex always emailing u telling u that ur ugly and fat it makes it hard to wanna do stuff cuz no one will notice. but new years is here so i am gonna work my butt off to get looking sexy so i can prove to my ex that i am not ugly and either way i wanna feel great about me and i wanna be noticed.

just need to find away to get movitvated
    Your ex is a fool.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Well this might be *kitten* backwards but my ex was upset when I started to workout and eat healthy, apparently not being available to wait on him and foot was selfish. My health, after gaining weight from being sick, was and is my priority. So my motivation is looking at myself everyday knowing I'm doing the best for me :>

It's an insecurity. I'm glad he's an ex.
  • Ralphrabbit
    Ralphrabbit Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    and happy with it!!
    My experience of others in my life is that they do not have my interests at heart - sad but true!!
    I do this for me & have plenty of encouragement from friends but no sabotage from partners & parents.......
    funny how it is working this time!!
  • rfsatar
    rfsatar Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Because me being healthier and fit isn't about an SO..it's about me.
    This.
  • thoseblueeyes
    thoseblueeyes Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Being single is the reason I am motivated. It's all about me now and how I look. I finally put me first and boy does it feel great!
  • plaingirly
    Options
    I'm single and I think it is good for me to be doing this FOR ME!

I have spent my whole life putting other people before me and my health and happiness was way down the list of priorities but now this time I spend on exercise and sorting my food is just for me. Something that I get to achieve by myself. It is tough as I work full time in an office and do about 20 hours a week on top of that as a carer but the better I treat myself the more I have to give to others. x
  • meaghan2008
    meaghan2008 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Single as a pringle :) & I know this is wrong, but I just take all the females that have turned me down in my mind and im like haha you just wait a couple of months, your gunna wish you didnt leave this :] & for anyone who says negative things concerning my weight that's what I do. well think about and that's my motivation.
  • DOMTIA1012
    DOMTIA1012 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    My SO broke up with me while I was pregnant with our second child. I had to move back into my parents home. He stopped seeing my son all together because he was to busy "dating". He also left the financial responsibilities all up to me. I was so depressed I ate more then I should and gained acctual weight instead of it being the baby. Now I am trying to lose the 25 lbs I put on plus previous weight. I think its easier to get motivated without him becuase he really didnt support me at all. He wouldnt even go for walks with me let alone to the gym. Funnt because all he has been chasing is 18 year old barbie stick figures. Well I lost 150 pounds of usless man weight so far =)
  • LCSoulkat
    LCSoulkat Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I agree with several posts mentioning that the motivation for doing this HAS to come from yourself and no one other.
    If you start a journey to please someone else, you will simply FAIL in time.

My ex, was simply lazy..never wanting to exercise and brought me down as well. Now that I am single, I am doing it for myself as I want to get healthy and be in the best shape I ever was and so far, it is working out great. Going to the gym was the best decision I ever took and regret that I haven't done it years ago.

So, do it for yourself and you'll be happy with your end results ;))
  • djsupreme6
    djsupreme6 Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    I find its much easier because to motivate yourself as opposed to looking good for somebody else...most often would be a significant other
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    I don't rely on a significant other for anything.

Certainly not motivation.
  • MsMelissaG
    MsMelissaG Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Ditto - being single IS my motivation.

agreed
  • ukloveme
    ukloveme Posts: 125
    Options
    Yes, I am.

As a single person, you have to stay fit because you have to market yourself as a quality partner. Competition is intense, particularly if you're looking for attractive single females in their 20s who have a plethora of options.

When you have a long term partner, it is easy to adopt the mindset that they'll be around and let your fitness slide. Being single is so much more difficult than being in a long term relationship because it is easier to maintain a long term relationship than make the efforts to court someone new.

My cousin actually said the same thing last week. I know people on this post who are single are all saying I am losing weight for me and my health but is that 100% true? Is there element of I am going to lose this weigh to show my ex I am hot or I am losing this weight to get a partner? What do you think??
  • myrestlessfeet
    myrestlessfeet Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm single and am also asthmatic. A couple of months back my asthma attacks were bad and since I live alone setting up my nebulizer in the middle of an attack was just very hard. That was my wake up call ... I gotta be healthy to minimize the occurrence of these attacks. Happy to say I haven't had one in two months now since I started working out. So that's my motivation.
  • Mistyblu08
    Mistyblu08 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I would think it would be much easier unless he is a health nut lol I have gained 20 lbs since I met my SO - take it from there lol