Anybody single?

Options

Replies

• Lambeze
    Lambeze Posts: 237
    Options
    I just stay motivated. You do not need a partner to back you up. You stay positive and keep the goal in mind and that is to kick *kitten*.
  • Jonesie86
    Jonesie86 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Considering my ex husband was supportive all the way up until i got results from wrking ut, then said i had turned into a bit*h afterwards...yea, not doing t for anyone but myself...and being single gets better daily :)
  • LMick1986
    LMick1986 Posts: 431
    Options
    Hahah! It's easier, I think. I don't have someone else to tempt me in any way. It's all me. I do it for me....not someone else. AND when I need motivation, I have all my MFP friends. They got my back and continue to push me.
  • Amby_Bear_2012
    Options
    single and wanting a partner
  • jaysonhijinx
    jaysonhijinx Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Single and content with that, unless a certain girl I know becomes single as well, haha.
  • syrklc
    syrklc Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I am divorced. I think being single makes things a lot easier for me. I don't have to worry about anyone else to cook for and can concentrate on my own diet. I think the message boards and groups here will be enough motivation for me.
  • ShareeMorty
    ShareeMorty Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    It is so much easier when you are single, my ex husband used to constantly sabotage me and pick at me about my weight he never supported me in the multiple attempts over the years to lose weight. I have friends who motivate me both here and IRL, it is hard to stay motivated when you have a lot of weight to lose but I just keep going one day at a time. I have to do this for me, for my health, so I can be around to raise my kids, not for some man who may or may not come into my life. In the meantime I am enjoying being single and focussing on myself and my kids.
  • axialmeow
    axialmeow Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    My significant other is not supportive at all. I do this for myself and myself only.
  • OliLloyd
    OliLloyd Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm a strong independent black woman and I don't need no man.
  • justme9717
    Options
    Me being single is a motivation in itself :P
    plus I can devote more time to achieve my goals...and get a better partner later ;)
  • ninjakowski
    Options
    I think having someone else can be good for motivation, as you have someone you want to look good for and who will appreciate the results, but honestly....I think it is much easier to make lifestyle changes if you are single. My SO is generally supportive, but he is completely against making any big diet changes for himself, which makes cooking/shopping complicated and I often find myself eating things I probably otherwise rather wouldn't just to keep life a little bit more simple.

Goes both ways, just got to make the best of what you have I guess :)
  • bananapancakebella
    Options
    Maybe if I'm hotter I'll have a boyfriend, lol.

But seriously, it's easier being single. I don't have to watch a guy eat 1,000+ more calories a day than I do. I have more control over my time, meals, sleep. Also when a guy starts criticizing my body, it's about time to show him to the door. Of course, support of your goals is one thing, but if a guy started demanding that I lose weight, he's gone (I'm at a perfectly healthy weight, 5"7, 130, yet have still had guys tell me I'm "too thick.").
  • curt40
    curt40 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Being seperated is the best thing that happened to my weight loss program. Lower stress, more time to work out, and no sweets in my house anymore!
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I do it or myself, not for a man...

Actually first time I got really fat was when my first ex husband was supporting me getting fat. He'd always say "oh you're so skinny", "your waist is tiny", "you should eat more, you're anorexic", "why are you not eating, do you want to be sexy for other men? I hate when you're skinny like this".
    Next thing I know I got extra 15 kg and he said I'm fat as a pig but he's happy man don't look at me anymore so I wouldn't cheat on him.

Divorced that mazafaka.
  • jjscholar
    jjscholar Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    It can be true that having a significant other can be helpful...

For me the simple I want to stay alive motivation is quite sufficient...
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Because I like looking sexy for myself.

Also, my ego thrives on randoms telling me I'm pretty. lol
  • EvilDave14
    EvilDave14 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I think it would be harder if I was not single. No one to tempt me with naughty things.
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Never needed anyone to tell me to do something I wanted to do, truth is I like working out and getting stronger.
  • gym_king_carlie
    gym_king_carlie Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I found it easier alone in all fairness, I was/am seeing someone recently and ive found it harder to keep consistent, worth it though :)
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I think it's easier, one less person trying to tell you how to do it.