Replies

• Papalov100
    Papalov100 Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    I hate being single sometimes it can be fun not all the time
  • fcp1234
    fcp1234 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is much easier when you are single. You have way more time to work out and you can eat whatver you want, or dont want.
  • johnlatv
    johnlatv Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    a solid 4.2
  • R0asted
    R0asted Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Yes, I am.

As a single person, you have to stay fit because you have to market yourself as a quality partner. Competition is intense, particularly if you're looking for attractive single females in their 20s who have a plethora of options.

When you have a long term partner, it is easy to adopt the mindset that they'll be around and let your fitness slide. Being single is so much more difficult than being in a long term relationship because it is easier to maintain a long term relationship than make the efforts to court someone new.

My cousin actually said the same thing last week. I know people on this post who are single are all saying I am losing weight for me and my health but is that 100% true? Is there element of I am going to lose this weigh to show my ex I am hot or I am losing this weight to get a partner? What do you think??

That depends, some people really DO stay fit for themselves though. My sis did a fitness competition and decided to just maintain extremely low bodyfat after (like 12%-ish which is crazy low for a woman). She's got vascularity in her arms, etc. She is newly single and I told her that this turns 95% of men off. Her exact words were "I know but I don't give a $#&%". I was very proud of her to say the least.
  • whitneyps7
    whitneyps7 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    i like being single and working on just me, im learning to be happy with just myself and i like knowing i dont need a man to take care of me and i have more time to work out if im not spending time with a guy :)
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Single: CHECK..... all my SO's would either belittle me for being fat, which isn't motivating at all or request that I remain fat to fuel their fetish. It's better this way....
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    because i don't want to be single anymore lol.

honestly harder for me to stay in shape when i'm in a relationship. Guess i've never really dated someone who was very into fitness. Just harder to find the time to workout and harder to stick to health eating IMO
  • newcs
    newcs Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I'm not single but I did get serious about this while my significant other was deployed overseas and we barely had time to talk. Part of what motivated me was wanting to look good for when she got back (which could be applied to "wanting to look good for someone who comes along") and it was also something that I decided it was really important to focus on me, what I want, how I can achieve it and really prove to myself my capabilities. I've stuck to it with her since she got home and I will say that having someone supportive is the best but if you're single, that's almost easier than having an unsupportive significant other.
  • hobbitgrrl
    Options
    It's not about having a SO to back me up. I'm doing this for me, not anyone else. :)

^^ This, exactly.
  • Promqueen_74932
    Promqueen_74932 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    *SINGLE*

I have a group of people that help keep me on track and motivated! I don't ever rely on just one person. That puts way to much pressure on ONE individual. A group is MUCH more effective. Find you a group of healthy and fit friends (New/Old) and start motivating yourselves and each other.
    What you give away you get back in return. :-)

Sara
  • kschmi24
    kschmi24 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Yep, for about a year. Actually, it has been easier for me to lose weight when NOT with someone. More time to focus on me, plus the temptation of just hanging out and getting a pizza almost never comes up, whereas when I was in a relationship, I had a lot more excuses as to why I couldn't do "x" "y" and "z".
  • trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    It's easier being single. Especially when my mental health and self-esteem is tied to how I look.
  • petergarcia82
    petergarcia82 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Being with a SO does not mean you get tons of motivation, support or even someone to work with you. My SO can encourage me every now and then but she has no intention of getting active and healthy with me so it's not like she helps me along the way. I have to make the choices for me and me alone.
  • Begood03
    Begood03 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    If you want it bad enough, that is all the motivation you need.
  • tialynn1
    tialynn1 Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    I am single and that is one of the things that motivates me. But, the main reason is to feel better about myself.
    Being single gives me more time to spend on exercise. My biggest challenge is eating healthy because of being single.
  • Libby81
    Libby81 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    i like being single and working on just me, im learning to be happy with just myself and i like knowing i dont need a man to take care of me and i have more time to work out if im not spending time with a guy :)

Exactly this. Plus you don't have to worry about going out on dates where you eat and drink etc. You can pick what you want to do and don't have to keep any one else happy but yourself
  • rvagnoni
    rvagnoni Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Me too!
  • trancenhouse
    trancenhouse Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Me time 24/7.
  • lydia_the_tattooed_lady
    Options
    I've found that anytime I do end up seeing somebody, I start slacking and eating poorly. Even when I dated a vegan guy! haha I'd rather keep the focus on my health & happiness for now :D
  • chaneldearr
    Options
    single forever