is it my fault she died?

Options
Long story short, the lady I was living with had a heart attack and died the day after we had a pretty big argument..
I feel like the added stress is what did it. I don't know how to accept that this is my fault </3 /:

Replies

• _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry you feel that way. Perhaps any added stress from the argument exacerbated her heart condition (I'm assuming here) but you are not to blame.
  • vice350z
    vice350z Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    your friend didn't just get a heart attack outta the blue...she had a ****ty health condition to start with.

Not your fault...accept it and move on. If you can't...you may need to see professional help then.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I agree with others. She had to already have a health problem for that to happen. It was inevitable. My condolences on the loss of your friend, but its NOT your fault.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    your friend didn't just get a heart attack outta the blue...she had a ****ty health condition to start with.

Not your fault...accept it and move on. If you can't...you may need to see professional help then.

This.
  • DoingitWell
    DoingitWell Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    yes
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Nope it was her hearts fault.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    yes

get out.
  • Will606
    Options
    it's not your fault , she had a heart condition. Condolences on your friends loss
  • Phoenixchichima
    Options
    no not your fault. I can see where you would feel that way, but its not & you may need some time to accept it, but its not your fault.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    Agree with the above. It was her heart's fault. It may sound harsh, but you don't exist solely to take the stress off the world's hearts.
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Not your fault. It was something that was going to happen it seems. Don't blame yourself
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    yes

Yeah not nice.......
  • cessnaholly
    cessnaholly Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Not your fault. (((Hugs)))
  • vice350z
    vice350z Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    yes

oh no you di'unt.
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    yes

get out.

well said.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry that you are going through this. It's not your fault if her condition was so fragile that the added stress would cause this, then just about anything would have done it if you hadn't argued. Please don't hold this against yourself. I don't know anything about you or the deceased, but for the most part, I can't believe that she would want you to beat yourself up over this. I would suggest that you seek some grief counseling. All my best!
  • Simone_King
    Simone_King Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    How can you be at fault because your friend had a heart condtion?

You're not. Even if you didn't know, it's not.

This is like saying because we moved over seas I made my mother have a stroke.

It was a hard lesson for me. It is false. We moved overseas yes, but I didn't make her have the stroke.

She had issues with her heart that resulted in her heaving the said stroke.

Therefore..

Argument does not = death.

Your friend was sick. Sad things happen to people and I am sorry for your loss but please, don't blame yourself for her death. Argument or not.
  • lsapphire
    lsapphire Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I have never heard of a single stress incident leading to a heart attack without other factors involved. Don't feel guilty, remember the good stuff.:cry:
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    yes

Epic fail at trolling. Some topics should be off limits.
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Sometimes life is full of terrible, tragic coincidences. I believe that this is one.
This discussion has been closed.