• vice350z
    vice350z Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    how long till thread shutdown?
  • SlickFootAnna
    SlickFootAnna Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    yes

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRwl7KNBjirG1OKrasU-cLX4BWds-faGSvpav96BTgBlTcoUzi8Nv_jkVs
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Don't assume that it is. She may have had the heart attack even without the argument; no one can know.
  • SlickFootAnna
    SlickFootAnna Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    While she may not have caused a heart condition the argument could have triggered the event. The stress, the adrenaline. Be for real. I'm a troll because I have a real opinion grow up. This is MFP you are not going to like all the responses. And to answer the original question YES...it is a possibility.

*****es-burn-in-hell.jpg
  • DoingitWell
    DoingitWell Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    While she may not have caused a heart condition the argument could have triggered the event. The stress, the adrenaline. Be for real. I'm a troll because I have a real opinion grow up. This is MFP you are not going to like all the responses. And to answer the original question YES...it is a possibility.

As I stated, if the woman's condition was that fragile then anything would have caused it. Causation does not equal correlation. An argument did not cause the heart attack. You are a troll because you posted a completely insensitive comment with no concern about the impact on the OP.

Let me ask you this question. If your undesired opinion sent this poor woman into a mental tailspin that resulted in suicide, would we be able to blame you for the OP's death? By your logic, the answer is yes. Why don't you grow up and realize that people on the Internet aren't shielded from the impact of your callousness simply because you don't have to look them in the eye!

If that's the case then she should be on the phone with 911 instead of MFP. You ever think that she could be the troll... and btw your words "causation does not equal correlation"...nice attempt at trying to make a point. She still may have triggered it. We are not grief counselors here, she asked our opinion.
  • RekindledRose
    RekindledRose Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    If someone has an affair people always seem to blame the other partner for "causing" the other person to have an affair. Yet my opinion is that people are responsible for their OWN actions, not other people's actions. We do realize that our actions can contribute to what another does in their life, however, and we should take responsibility for it.

In the OP's post she definitely feels like the argument at least contributed to the heart attack. Sure, she didn't cause the room mate to have whatever the health condition was that led to the heart attack, but the argument didn't help the situation. Here's the rub; she didn't intentionally go out and, say - scare the room mate or create a stressful situation with the intention that the room mate would die, but sometimes we do contribute to events.

The OP didn't kill her room mate, but she does need to find forgiveness for whatever contribution she did make to the situation. Whether it was an unwillingness to let an argument go, or put up with whatever they were fighting about, there is some personal growth that can happen here.

Dear OP ~ this is an opportunity to learn and get better in life. You have a chance to become a better person through this. True forgiveness is only found through a personal relationship with Jesus, and once you have that you will be able to overcome the guilt that Satan will try to hound you with. Don't let the enemy win; I believe everything happens for a reason. Hopefully you have someone in your life who you trust to talk with who can help you to work through the pain you must be in.

Please be in peace about this.
  • vice350z
    Options

If that's the case then she should be on the phone with 911 instead of MFP. You ever think that she could be the troll... and btw your words "causation does not equal correlation"...nice attempt at trying to make a point. She still may have triggered it. We are not grief counselors here, she asked our opinion.

we get it...you're that strong woman who says what's on her mind no matter what. Bravo for you.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,114 Member
    Options
    If someone has an affair people always seem to blame the other partner for "causing" the other person to have an affair. Yet my opinion is that people are responsible for their OWN actions, not other people's actions. We do realize that our actions can contribute to what another does in their life, however, and we should take responsibility for it.

In the OP's post she definitely feels like the argument at least contributed to the heart attack. Sure, she didn't cause the room mate to have whatever the health condition was that led to the heart attack, but the argument didn't help the situation. Here's the rub; she didn't intentionally go out and, say - scare the room mate or create a stressful situation with the intention that the room mate would die, but sometimes we do contribute to events.

The OP didn't kill her room mate, but she does need to find forgiveness for whatever contribution she did make to the situation. Whether it was an unwillingness to let an argument go, or put up with whatever they were fighting about, there is some personal growth that can happen here.

Dear OP ~ this is an opportunity to learn and get better in life. You have a chance to become a better person through this. True forgiveness is only found through a personal relationship with Jesus, and once you have that you will be able to overcome the guilt that Satan will try to hound you with. Don't let the enemy win; I believe everything happens for a reason. Hopefully you have someone in your life who you trust to talk with who can help you to work through the pain you must be in.

Well that was helpful. Jesus is the answer.

*edit to fix quotes
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

As I stated, if the woman's condition was that fragile then anything would have caused it. Causation does not equal correlation. An argument did not cause the heart attack. You are a troll because you posted a completely insensitive comment with no concern about the impact on the OP.

Let me ask you this question. If your undesired opinion sent this poor woman into a mental tailspin that resulted in suicide, would we be able to blame you for the OP's death? By your logic, the answer is yes. Why don't you grow up and realize that people on the Internet aren't shielded from the impact of your callousness simply because you don't have to look them in the eye!

You definitively replied 'yes'. The OP asked 'is it her fault'. She did not ask 'in your opinion, is it my fault'. You can't assume the OP is a troll because that would be gambling with someone's mental health. Because I don't want to make any assumptions about whether or not you posess the medical skills to perform an autopsy, I will presume that you didn't examine this poor woman's body, therefore, you cannot definitively answer that question.

You can debate all you want, but that doesn't justify your behavior. What you said was cruel, mean-spirited and uncalled for.
  • _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options

A simple 'sorry' would do. Instead, you are digging in your heels. Stress can trigger an event that is likely to happen at some point in the near future. Many people are agreeing this is possible. But, the fatal event was probably inevitable because life itself is stressful, and if not this argument, something else would have triggered it. The important thing is the fact that the woman had serious cardiovascular disease.
  • BorderlineAngel
    Options

This is awkward considering I only got out of hospital last week from attempting suicide...
    When someone kills themself, they may not call 911 because they don't want the help- they want to die.
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    yes

Epic fail at trolling. Some topics should be off limits.
  • AntShanny
    AntShanny Posts: 366 Member
    Options

Seriously???
  • _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options

we get it...you're that strong woman who says what's on her mind no matter what. Bravo for you.

Yes...there's an archetypal version of this woman in everyone's lives. Poor us.
  • rjt1000
    rjt1000 Posts: 700 Member
    Options

This is awkward considering I only got out of hospital last week from trying to OD....

if this is true and you're feeling responsible for your friend's death, you need to be on the phone with your doctor, counselor, psychiatrist, whoever, not on MFP writing about it.
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    You knew what responses you were going to get, you have little or no responsiity for her heart failure. Thank you for reminding me of similar situations I've been in...
  • BorderlineAngel
    Options

This is awkward considering I only got out of hospital last week from trying to OD....

if this is true and you're feeling responsible for your friend's death, you need to be on the phone with your doctor, counselor, psychiatrist, whoever, not on MFP writing about it.

my psychologist is out of the country for the next week....
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

This is awkward considering I only got out of hospital last week from attempting suicide...
    When someone kills themself, they may not call 911 because they don't want the help- they want to die.

Get some counseling, hon. Right away if possible.
  • vice350z
    Options

yes, if true, and not just looking for attention while bored on New Years Eve....this is what she should do.
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options

*****es-burn-in-hell.jpg

Sooo...are you agreeing with DoingItWell, or just randomly quoting people?
This discussion has been closed.