is it my fault she died?

Options

Replies

• DoingitWell
    DoingitWell Posts: 560 Member
    Options

This is awkward considering I only got out of hospital last week from trying to OD....

if this is true and you're feeling responsible for your friend's death, you need to be on the phone with your doctor, counselor, psychiatrist, whoever, not on MFP writing about it.

my psychologist is out of the country for the next week....

yeah, that's where you lose me. Now I don't believe it anymore. Nobody's only counselor leaves the country just after a suicide attempt without arranging some other person to deal with their patients.

Move along, nothing to see here but some trolling.....

No you and I are the trolls apparently....well more me than you.

You don't know who you are dealing with and obviously don't care. Why haven't you 'moved along' yet like you suggested?

Your are absolutely right...what was I thinking. These cyber threats are so scary...I must go start a thread now to see if I caused this chaos.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Call your mom.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    People in the hospital often have access to computers and the internet. Her posting in her diary says absolutely nothing about whether or not she was in the hospital. Whether you believe her or not, on the chance that you are wrong, can't you keep it to yourself? The impact of you being wrong and vocal are much greater than the impact of you being right and silent.
  • _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options

This is awkward considering I only got out of hospital last week from trying to OD....

if this is true and you're feeling responsible for your friend's death, you need to be on the phone with your doctor, counselor, psychiatrist, whoever, not on MFP writing about it.

yeah, that's where you lose me. Now I don't believe it anymore. Nobody's only counselor leaves the country just after a suicide attempt without arranging some other person to deal with their patients.

You don't know who you are dealing with and obviously don't care. Why haven't you 'moved along' yet like you suggested?

Your are absolutely right...what was I thinking. These cyber threats are so scary...I must go start a thread now to see if I caused this chaos.

Do you know this OP personally? How do you know she isn't hurting? What you are doing is akin to coming across someone threatening to jump and yelling 'JUMP' at her. Do some soul-searching.
  • pixied12
    pixied12 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Maybe it was her time.
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    We, the members of MFP, have no idea what caused her to die at the time she died. If you are asking if people with coronary conditions and such can die from stress etc in their lives, yes they can, but that doesnt mean that it was your fault.

I dont know what your religious beliefs may be, but I believe that we all have a path to travel and then God calls us home.

I think it would be natural to wonder in these circumstances whether it is your fault. I would probably wonder the same thing. But basically it was her time to go and unfortunate it happened under these circumstances.
  • rjt1000
    rjt1000 Posts: 700 Member
    Options

Do you know this OP personally? How do you know she isn't hurting? What you are doing is akin to coming across someone threatening to jump and yelling 'JUMP' at her. Do some soul-searching.

yeah, I think that was covered in the part where some of us advised her to contact a mental health professional rather than asking unknown people on MFP for help. Nobody is saying "Jump", they're saying "call the right person for help."
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

You have nothing helpful to add to this discussion. Start your own thread if you like, but you have stated your opinion. You think she is a troll. You've posted enough times now that anyone who reads this thread will read your comments and form their own opinions. Great job protecting us fellow Internet users from this troll. I'm sure there are other threads where your unique services are required.
  • FlaxMilk
    Options
    Mental health facilities are permitted to close without a backup person identified, so long as there is a crisis hotline and their patients know it, which OP said there is. People who don't know anything about the way the systems work other than how they think they should work shouldn't use that as justification to needle the OP.
  • FlaxMilk
    Options
    Did OP actually say she was suicidal? I didn't see her making threats or saying she was currently suicidal. She didn't say the argument was recent. Just that she was thinking about it.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    People in the hospital often have access to computers and the internet. Her posting in her diary says absolutely nothing about whether or not she was in the hospital. Whether you believe her or not, on the chance that you are wrong, can't you keep it to yourself? The impact of you being wrong and vocal are much greater than the impact of you being right and silent.

This right here.

And as far as the comment about her having "an interesting life" or whatever, if I told you what I've gone through in the last year, I guess you'd think I was lying, too.

Or about how my grandmother nearly died two years ago, survived and then her sister -- who was not ill, just very old -- died the very next month. Sometimes a lot of bad things happen in a short period of time. If you haven't had that experience then you are a very lucky person.

Either way, I will not chance that the OP is not being truthful. If she isn't, I was kind to someone I thought was in need and it didn't cost me anything.
  • BorderlineAngel
    Options
    Mental health facilities are permitted to close without a backup person identified, so long as there is a crisis hotline and their patients know it, which OP said there is. People who don't know anything about the way the systems work other than how they think they should work shouldn't use that as justification to needle the OP.
  • Starla_
    Starla_ Posts: 349
    Options
    shes already posted this same topic before, under her previous name beautyfrompain, as she has already posted the majority of topics she posts.

She needs to have proper professional help, probably staying in the psych ward would have been a better suggestion than trying to deal with things on your own BorderlineAngel. eheadspace is open still if you really need it (i googled it).

As once a friend when you mention inconsistancies you get deleted or when you try to really help instead of pandering to her poor you feelings or agreeing with everything she says or you get deleted. I was.

She also created this before this profile http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/821954-does-anyone-know-what-happened-to-beautyfrompain?

So yeah. Lovely to see the amount of people that like to help people on here, but when your help gets abused or you continually seeing someone abusing the system you do tend to get a little jaded when it comes to them in particular.
  • mamkang
    mamkang Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    so sorry to hear that, no it not your fault! there is great forum if you are looking for more support, its depressionforums.org but I can see most people here are helping you out.
  • DoingitWell
    DoingitWell Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    shes already posted this same topic before, under her previous name beautyfrompain, as she has already posted the majority of topics she posts.

She needs to have proper professional help, probably staying in the psych ward would have been a better suggestion than trying to deal with things on your own BorderlineAngel. eheadspace is open still if you really need it (i googled it).

As once a friend when you mention inconsistancies you get deleted or when you try to really help instead of pandering to her poor you feelings or agreeing with everything she says or you get deleted. I was.

She also created this before this profile http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/821954-does-anyone-know-what-happened-to-beautyfrompain?

So yeah. Lovely to see the amount of people that like to help people on here, but when your help gets abused or you continually seeing someone abusing the system you do tend to get a little jaded when it comes to them in particular.

Where were you 20 minutes ago??? Nevermind, the important thing is that you are here now.
  • BorderlineAngel
    Options
    I was legitametely asking a question.

By the way, look up Borderline Personality Disorder before judging. I can't help the way that I am...
  • FlaxMilk
    Options

It makes sense that she'd create a topic multiple times if she is still struggling with it. She has mentioned she is seeking professional help. If she did create a thread asking what happened to her former profile, maybe she was curious to see what others thought about her.

I think it's fine if you don't want to get involved with OP. But why not just leave it alone? No one here is hurting themselves by offering her support.
  • Starla_
    Starla_ Posts: 349
    Options
    I was legitametely asking a question.

By the way, look up Borderline Personality Disorder before judging. I can't help the way that I am...

Thats the thing, you CAN help the way you are. You CAN get the proper help. You are an adult, so getting the proper help you need and making sure you do the things you need to do is all up to you. As with taking advice from others.

Using your illness as an excuse is just wrong. It is only a crutch if you make it so.

And yes I know this because I am mentally ill and have been for the last 14 years. It is up to you to change things when it comes to your illness.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

Where were you 20 minutes ago??? Nevermind, the important thing is that you are here now.

Still waiting for you to move along. I knew 30 minutes ago about the OP's old account. I am familiar with her as well. Yes, she has some mental health issues. Sure, she could very possibly be making the whole thing up. But just as you recognized that her argument could have triggered her friend's heart attack, you don't know what triggers you might set off in the OP with your treatment of her. You're truly not accomplishing anything other than making yourself look bad. Isn't there any other troll on MFP that you can protect us from?
  • FlaxMilk
    Options

Thats the thing, you CAN help the way you are. You CAN get the proper help. You are an adult, so getting the proper help you need and making sure you do the things you need to do is all up to you. As with taking advice from others.

She is getting help, and change with BPD is a process. I also don't think she did anything wrong in this thread. (And yes, I also knew her by her former profile and knew they were the same person.)
This discussion has been closed.