should I order a pizza?

Replies

• CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    For 42 months I have been having Pizza either Friday night or Saturday and have managed to lose a few pounds so I am all for the Pizza... This is a lifestyle change not a end our lives and never enjoy the foods we like kinda thing.... Enjoy or Don't but I will lolz.... :drinker: Best of Luck
  • MsDover
    MsDover Posts: 395 Member
    When it comes to pizza, the answer is always "yes." Remember that.

Moderation, my young Padawan..... I had pizza myself tonight... ONE slice and it was awesome.
  • coffee_rocks
    coffee_rocks Posts: 275 Member
    Yes, but order something lower in fat, sodium and calories.

Whole wheat thin crust, light on the cheese, topped with grilled chicken, spinach, fresh tomatoes. No processed meats, less cheese and order it extra crispy, because it tastes so much better.

Oh, and order a SMALL, cause if you are like me, I just eat until all the pizza is gone.
  • I ordered pizza last night from Pizza Hut, their $10 any toppings special. I paid for it and waited for the delivery. A few minutes later I logged on this site. I reviewed my goals and also what I had just done--which was to derail my fitness and health goals--and I immediately called and cancelled the order. Phew! I look at how fit my husband is and I realize that I want to be around so we can enjoy each other. I am the heaviest I've ever been in these my 8 and 30 years.

So.........

I hope you forewent the pizza craving.
  • JennyLisT
    JennyLisT Posts: 402 Member
    no, con = so many calories in 1 piece.
    if you do, order a vegetarian with light cheese.

Vegetarian pizza? Light cheese?

5fd68d2c8b25d7126df6f94833d893d5.600x400_large.nopad

cats like pizza. true story.

I+smell+pizza.jpg

Cats have the good sense to pick ingredients that are worth it.
  • Kristen_nicole95
    Kristen_nicole95 Posts: 112 Member
    I ate pizza today, I saw go for it!
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Pro - Pleasure for 20 minutes
    Con - Fat a***

I'm calling BS on this one.... I fit it into my calories at least once a week, no fat a** here.

EAT THE PIZZA!!! :drinker:
  • MsDover
    MsDover Posts: 395 Member
    Going to add this.... when anyone starts totally eliminating the foods they love from their weight loss program they are setting themselves up for failure. Eat whatever you want as long as you keep it within your calories for the day. Eating an entire pizza isn't smart. Eating a slice of pizza is just freakin' fine.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    I ordered a half sausage/pepperoni/half bacon/chicken pizza, plus bread sticks.. and Just ate two pieces and 4 breadsticks.

It was awesome.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,733 Member
    I ordered a half sausage/pepperoni/half bacon/chicken pizza, plus bread sticks.. and Just ate two pieces and 4 breadsticks.

It was awesome.

i think i love you. :love:
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    No. The sodium alone will kill your day even if you manage to control how many slices you eat and stay under calories. Plus, it'll make you feel yucky if you've been good for a while. Try an alternative... have any english muffins or flatbread or something you could make your own pizza with?
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    No. The sodium alone will kill your day even if you manage to control how many slices you eat and stay under calories. Plus, it'll make you feel yucky if you've been good for a while. Try an alternative... have any english muffins or flatbread or something you could make your own pizza with?
    LOLz
  • Cognito1025
    Cognito1025 Posts: 323 Member
    LOLz
    Ditto. I just ordered one. Ha!
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    no, con = so many calories in 1 piece.
    if you do, order a vegetarian with light cheese.

Vegetarian pizza? Light cheese?

5fd68d2c8b25d7126df6f94833d893d5.600x400_large.nopad
    !

Whoa, hey now---what's wrong with a veggie pizza? They can be pretty darn tasty. My all-time favorite is a white pizza pie with garlic and thick juicy tomato slices on top. Of course i'd prefer you also throw on some fresh basil but i'll eat it as is...
  • 1stday13
    1stday13 Posts: 433 Member
    pro:

The Rock eats pizza

1350578628_dwayne-johnson-wolfing-down-pizza-for-fast-six.jpg
    Weelll, if i could eat pizza & still look lie him, I'd eat it too lol ( wonder how many hours he spends in the gym?Hmm)
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    We have pizza twice a month and it hasn't hindered my progress at all. We order from a local mom and pop shop so that makes me feel even better about it. :)
  • Mmmmm I want some pizza!
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    the answer to this question is always yes.
  • Tdk4685
    Tdk4685 Posts: 293 Member
    I say yes, because if I asked that question I wouldnt hesitate.
  • Could you make your own pizza instead so you have more control over what is on it & how healthy it is?