Ladies w/ 100 Pounds To Lose

Options

Replies

• black_cats
    black_cats Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    add me to the list!

I'm 5'9'', Weigh about 330lb and hoping to cut that down to well under the 200's.
  • verdouxkai
    verdouxkai Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm here with you! I have 112 pounds total to lose. 17 pounds in! :happy:
  • HollyColeman91413
    HollyColeman91413 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    HEy ladies, I would really like to join this group. I have topped the charts at 390 but i flucuate between 384-390. Its sad I am only 25 i have been heavy my whole life, i suffer from major depression, anxiety, asthma and just pure laziness. I am actually getting married in November of this year. I love my fiancee so very much hes a wonderful man. We are wanting to try and have children but because of my weight i do not produce enough estrogen and progesterone to stay regular. My doctor said she was 95% sure that I would not be able to concieve without help. But if I lost alot of the weight I most likely will be able to. I was reading thru everyones things I think I am actually the heaviest. UGH that makes me sad. I am trying to kick my addiction to soda, so hard!!!! I am one of those people that do really well then i just quit. About a year or so ago I lost about 15 inches in a month. I was doin so good I am not sure what happened. But I am determined to get back to what I was doing. Today will be my workout day 3!!!! :bigsmile: GL ladies!
  • Shanrayfair
    Options
    Count me in and add me if you wish. I'm on the 100lbs journey also and can use all the help I can get - Good luck all.
  • tammycolbert
    tammycolbert Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Count me in too. I am 41 years old and weighing in at 252 at the moment. Highest ever was 270
  • slarobinson
    slarobinson Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm adding you. I sure could use the motivation.
  • ludiball
    ludiball Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am new (again) to MFP and definitely looking for friends for motivation. I would like to lose 130 pounds. Feel free to add me!
  • nan199678
    nan199678 Posts: 140
    Options
    Hi Ladies. I'm looking for additional motivation. I once lost over 100lbs & kept it off for years. Having a community board like this helped. I'm not sure this is the same tho. We had regulars, weekly weigh ins, daily conversations about food, life, stress & exercise. I don't need to lose 100lbs this time but 50 would be awesome and eventually maybe closer to 80. Lately, I catch myself consciously lashing out w my eating for my stresses or my lack of support. I really need to get a grip. I know I can do this. I just can't seem to getit through my head to stop. I am a 34 yo mom to aan 18 month old girl. I run a daycare out of my home. I have been exercising pretty regularly 3-5 times a week, 20-60 minutes a day.
  • Forever85
    Options
    Hi all I have over 100lbs to lose, I've already lost 6 stone in my journey so far but just joined here and could do with friend who are in a similar position or who were. Also anyone with PCOS please add me too. We can do this ;-)
  • smilingirisheyes
    smilingirisheyes Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies. I'm looking for additional motivation. I once lost over 100lbs & kept it off for years. Having a community board like this helped. I'm not sure this is the same tho. We had regulars, weekly weigh ins, daily conversations about food, life, stress & exercise. I don't need to lose 100lbs this time but 50 would be awesome and eventually maybe closer to 80. Lately, I catch myself consciously lashing out w my eating for my stresses or my lack of support. I really need to get a grip. I know I can do this. I just can't seem to getit through my head to stop. I am a 34 yo mom to aan 18 month old girl. I run a daycare out of my home. I have been exercising pretty regularly 3-5 times a week, 20-60 minutes a day.

I'm in the same boat, having done it with years of maintenance and now starting over. If you want a friend, feel free to add me. :)
  • mrsmocknbyrd1
    Options
    Feel free to add me, too. This is my first week, but after a traumatic pregnancy, birth, AND recovery, I've only just now been OK'd to start exercising. I'm 21, 5'1" and ~290lbs.
  • whimsicalmusing
    Options
    *waves* Hello. :) I'm Bianca. I'm a SAHM of three kids 5 and under. A writer in my near non existent free time. Amateur photographer once in a blue moon. Two of my boys. 5 and 3, have Autism, my baby girl is a crazy active 13 month old. I've been heavy my whole life and after my dad had a heart attack on Thanksgiving, I decided I had to stop thinking about lifestyle changes and actually set myself up right to do it. I have challenges like anyone else. Basic tasks like grocery shopping required coordinated efforts for kid watching because it's too much for them sometimes. Relatives come with triggering foods despite my requests not to do so. Others come and eat the stuff I reserve for myself. Or offer running commentary I frankly don't want or need. I have to overcome this, and most importantly stay motivated to hold myself accountable.

I'm ready to take drastic measures and as such in addition to implementing a lifestyle overhaul, I've joined a gym, and most drastically, I've started the counseling and nutrition training for bariatric surgery. Sometime this fall, in theory, I'll be on deck for the procedure but I have a lot of research and a lot of therapy and counseling to go through before I'm there. I'd love to have friends to help me along this journey. The endgame, no matter how I get there, will be the same.

STATS:

I'm 31, 4'11 (technically 59.75 inches but I'm okay rounding down), and I weigh 259.

My first mini goal is to exercise 3x a week for at least 30 mins for a month.

Goal weights:

1st: 221 (pre-pregnancy weight with first baby)

2nd: 198 lb

3rd: 175

4th: 150

UGW: 120

Forgive my vanity, but I just want to know what it feels like to walk in a regular size store of my choosing, see an outfit I adore, ask to try it on, and it fits. I want to have muscle definition on my arms, and legs, and a strong core. Toned butt. I want my double chin to DIAF. I want to rock a bikini for the first time ever. And I want to resize my wedding ring several times because my little pudgy fingers have wittled down with the rest of me.
  • Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door
    Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    when I reach my goal weight my total weight loss will be 110 pounds. I've lost 74 so far
  • beskimoosh
    beskimoosh Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I started with 98lb to go (I've genuinely been considering rounding it up, 100lb sounds much more like an achievement!) and now I've lost 28lb, so 70 to go!

Height: 5'5
    SW: 231 lb
    CW: 202 lb
    GW: 133 lb

I'm so close to the 100's that I'm getting a bit obsessed with the scales, I'm actually down to 201 lb but I only log it on my official weigh in day, even though I have a sneaky weigh every day!
  • mzshondab35
    Options
    I STARTED MY JOURNEY JAN 2012 I WAS 492 I AN KNOW 403 I HAVE A LONG WAY TO GO BUT IM GETTING THERE FILL FREE TO ADD ME:smile:
  • The_Transforming_Journey
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear about your surgery... those bumps in the road make life so difficult at times! I think it's great that you're on MFP & taking control of your life... keep up the good work! :smile:
  • porge1
    porge1 Posts: 1
    Options
    HELP I need all the help I can get I'm 35 and weigh in at 307 pounds add me as a friend and help with support and I will do the same for you let's all take this journey together.
  • jestersand
    jestersand Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    hey FlipFlops. Believe it or not, this is the easiest stage to start losing. I was 310 in the late 1990's. I dropped down to 145lbs by 2007, and regained up to 161lbs recently due to muscle gain from lifting weights. It does wonders to get rid of the excess skin.
    There's no need to deprive yourself from food at this point. As long as you get your body moving, you will begin to feel better and more optimistic. Once you hit that high, you will gradually find the motivation to change your eating habits, like if you drink soda with every meal, you can cut back to unsweetened tea, or just water. Late night snacking can be replaced with a nice fresh bowl of fruit, or a pure veggie salad. Then go from there. Good luck!
  • shananigans_007
    Options
    I'm a little late to the game here, but I too have more than 100 pounds to use. I'm currently at 294 and have already lost 21 pounds. I have a lot of friends trying to lose weight on here, but no one in the situation I am in.
  • KristyMarie88
    Options
    Started March 26th, 2013 at 247... now as of today (4/9/13) i weigh 231. 16lbs down.. now just need more excersie ideas besides running on the tredmill and situps. Help! ive still got a good 100lbs to go!