how overrated is/was the SEC this season?

Options

Replies

• n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options

I don't see how Florida could have thought they were candidates for the MNC when they weren't even in the SEC championship game.

Hello, and welcome to last year...

I didn't think it should have happened last year either.

I can't even remember who LSU would have destroyed last year instead of losing to Bama.

Oh yeah, Oklahoma State...
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options

I don't see how Florida could have thought they were candidates for the MNC when they weren't even in the SEC championship game.

Hello, and welcome to last year...

I didn't think it should have happened last year either.

I can't even remember who LSU would have destroyed last year instead of losing to Bama.

Oh yeah, Oklahoma State...

Maybe LSU could have at least scored against OK St.
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Missouri.gif
    If I could set the on fire, I would.
  • n0ob
    Options
    [If I could set the on fire, I would.

All the basketball championships in the world won't make up for being irrelevant in football...(as far as the pecking order of conference realignment goes).
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Missouri.gif
    If I could set the on fire, I would.

Would you use correct English syntax, if you could?
  • memcd911
    memcd911 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Every year someone (or 412 someones) throw this out there... Every year the SEC comes back and shoves it in their faces. The title will stay in the SEC for another 5 years, easily.

Now, shut it, and shove it.
  • currierand
    currierand Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    GO DUCKS!!!! =D

Thank God I'm not the only one. Tonight's game is the match up that SHOULD have been for the whole enchilada (trying to tie in the Tostitos angle) I know, shoulda, woulda, coulda... All I know is, if this thread had been about the PAC 12 there wouldn't be 5 pages of responses.

And I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the Oregon Ducks will WIN the Fiesta (Chip Kelly) Bowl.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    GO DUCKS!!!! =D

Thank God I'm not the only one. Tonight's game is the match up that SHOULD have been for the whole enchilada (trying to tie in the Tostitos angle) I know, shoulda, woulda, coulda... All I know is, if this thread had been about the PAC 12 there wouldn't be 5 pages of responses.

And I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the Oregon Ducks will WIN the Fiesta (Chip Kelly) Bowl.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    And Chip is then going to scurry off to the NFL before the NCAA comes a koocking, which they will soon. Tonights game wasn't for the whole enchilada because BOTH teams decieded to eff it up and lose. :)
  • tri10806
    tri10806 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    The SEC may be the best conference, but this really was not a good year. When you start off each year with 2/3 of the conference ranked the deck is stacked because you are less likely to have "bad" conference losses and move down throughout the season.

There are no elite teams either and that includes Bama, who struggled against LSU, a team that lost to Clemson. They lost to TAMU, AT HOME, who for all intents and purposes is still a B12 team with an SEC logo. If UGA doesn't choke at the end of the SECCG, they lose that one too. ELITE teams go undefeated.

I don't believe the SEC is the best conference top to bottom either. Who's at the bottom? Kentucky, Ole Miss, MSU, Tenn, Auburn, Arkansas, Mizzou (and they all sucked this year). Even the top teams (LSU, UF) lost to lower ranked teams from the Big East and ACC. The SEC (currently 3-3) is a Michigan blown coverage away from being 2-4 in bowl games.

The Big East is 9-2 vs. SEC in bowl games during BCS era, including 4 straight wins in past 4 seasons. Louisville won more SEC games this year than Kentucky, Tennessee, and Auburn combined.

If people started looking at facts instead of perception, then maybe their perception will change. But they won't as long as ESPN and CBS keep hyping the conference for money.
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    Every year someone (or 412 someones) throw this out there... Every year the SEC comes back and shoves it in their faces. The title will stay in the SEC for another 5 years, easily.

Which is why the SEC has won every national championship ever...

The SEC won't make it 5 years. You are speaking crazy talk now. Even though I think OSU sucks, had they been bowl eligible, it would be ND vs OSU and not Alabama.
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    Options
    GO DUCKS!!!! =D

OOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    And Chip is then going to scurry off to the NFL before the NCAA comes a koocking, which they will soon. Tonights game wasn't for the whole enchilada because BOTH teams decieded to eff it up and lose. :)

They effed up and lost because they suck.
    K-state is overrated if you look at their schedule and win margins.
    PAC12 teams have crap defense and that goes for Oregon too.
    Neither team deserves to be in the NC game this year.
  • currierand
    currierand Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    GO DUCKS!!!! =D

OOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I'm afraid you are right about our man Chip. (Heavy sigh). I'm trying not to think about next year. WIN THE DAY.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    The SEC may be the best conference, but this really was not a good year. When you start off each year with 2/3 of the conference ranked the deck is stacked because you are less likely to have "bad" conference losses and move down throughout the season.

There are no elite teams either and that includes Bama, who struggled against LSU, a team that lost to Clemson. They lost to TAMU, AT HOME, who for all intents and purposes is still a B12 team with an SEC logo. If UGA doesn't choke at the end of the SECCG, they lose that one too. ELITE teams go undefeated.

I don't believe the SEC is the best conference top to bottom either. Who's at the bottom? Kentucky, Ole Miss, MSU, Tenn, Auburn, Arkansas, Mizzou (and they all sucked this year). Even the top teams (LSU, UF) lost to lower ranked teams from the Big East and ACC. The SEC (currently 3-3) is a Michigan blown coverage away from being 2-4 in bowl games.

The Big East is 9-2 vs. SEC in bowl games during BCS era, including 4 straight wins in past 4 seasons. Louisville won more SEC games this year than Kentucky, Tennessee, and Auburn combined.

If people started looking at facts instead of perception, then maybe their perception will change. But they won't as long as ESPN and CBS keep hyping the conference for money.

Thank you for making sense.
  • n0ob
    Options
    ClowneyObliterates.gif
  • memcd911
    memcd911 Posts: 230 Member
    Options

The SEC won't make it 5 years. You are speaking crazy talk now. Even though I think OSU sucks, had they been bowl eligible, it would be ND vs OSU and not Alabama.

Of the 14 years of the existence of the BCS (which we all know is majorly flawed), the SEC has won NINE championships. The SEC has won the last 6 and will probably snag it's 7th in a row this year. So why is it so ridiculous to think that they are capable of winning 5 more in a row?

The fact is the ND didn't play anyone worth mentioning, and barely beat an unranked PITT in OT... So cases can be made against lots of teams this year. I think there was a lot of sloppy football played across the league this year.
  • carolg225
    Options
    All I will say here is........ ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • fleur_de_lis19
    fleur_de_lis19 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    bama will win the title.....does that make you angry?

I wish he was my boyfriend...
  • ncahill77
    ncahill77 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    As an Oklahoma State Cowboy I will always hate the SEC, we were robbed last year, and I can assure you after beating a fantastic Stanford team we would have annihilated LSU. Being completely honest I think Bama would have kicked our @sses though.
  • fleur_de_lis19
    fleur_de_lis19 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    I bleed purple n gold all day, everyday.
    Dont worry SEC fans, let the little guys have their moment of "fame" for a few seconds, because we know it won't last long.
    SEC is the best.. end of story.
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    Options

Of the 14 years of the existence of the BCS (which we all know is majorly flawed), the SEC has won NINE championships. The SEC has won the last 6 and will probably snag it's 7th in a row this year. So why is it so ridiculous to think that they are capable of winning 5 more in a row?

The fact is the ND didn't play anyone worth mentioning, and barely beat an unranked PITT in OT... So cases can be made against lots of teams this year. I think there was a lot of sloppy football played across the league this year.

So basically you ignore all football before the BCS? You ignore all national titles? By your standards Penn State isn't even a good university because the majority of their wins are pre-BCS.

I never said the SEC won't win 5 more titles, but to think they will win the next 5 in a row is ridiculous. If it wasn't for OSU NCAA violations, they wouldn't even have a crack at it this year. Your logic is heavily flawed.

Even if you hate ND, which I do, the fact is that it would have been OSU vs ND and neither of them are SEC. Just wait till next year.