Women over 40 looking for support

Options

Replies

• JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm 53 and have lost 50 lbs, which is my halfway mark! :)
  • tinaduplay
    tinaduplay Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    HI, I'm over 40 with lots to loose so I will be on here for a while. Feel free to add me.
  • Linda_Kaye
    Linda_Kaye Posts: 81
    Options
    I'm 45 and trying hard to get back into this! I lost 30 something lbs last year.. then the holidays arrived and I got lazy. :ohwell:
    Just starting over and lost 3 lbs so far. Need to lose alot more!
    Anyone can add me. :smile:
  • KardioKim
    KardioKim Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Hi you guys,

Feel free to ad me - I'll be adding you!
  • tacobella2013
    Options
    Ill be on here for a lond time, Im always open to new friends :)
  • Donna6017
    Donna6017 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Hi, I turned 50 a couple months ago. I need to lose about 80lbs. I would love to have some friends around my age. Please feel free to send a friend request. Thanks, Donna
  • journeybegins
    journeybegins Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Is it possible to have support of friends and yet not have criticism? Would love to have some supportive friends.
  • LoriWilkinson548
    Options
    I just turned 45 and trying myfitnesspal for the 2nd time. I really need friends in my age bracket who understand health issues, work, school, kids - everyday life that gets in the way, who can motivate me to stick to my goals (exercise more, drink 8 cups of water a day, chastise me when I am not eating clean)....

Please feel free to add me.
  • LoriWilkinson548
    Options
    ^^ bumping post^^
  • devilscustard
    Options
    I'd love to join you all - please feel free to add me as a friend if you wish. :smile:
  • sunfirelynn
    sunfirelynn Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I'm 51 and could always use more support and give it as well. Feel free to add me!
  • janatarnhem
    janatarnhem Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Yeap...in my forties...all encouragement welcome on this long journey!!!!!!! :bigsmile:
  • melaniehubbard
    melaniehubbard Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm 46 and my goal is to loose b/w 24 to 30 lbs by Christmas.I have more to loose but that a healthy start..Another goal I have is to exercise 6 days a week.On vacation now so going to get my butt in gear and get walking.
  • MeowSkull
    MeowSkull Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Over 40 and starting this journey again! I plan on this being the last time I "start" ;)

Is there a group for women over 40? Otherwise, please feel free to add me!
  • AnaCoffee
    AnaCoffee Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Another over 40 here. :) I'm on day 3. I've lost weight before, gained it back, lost, gained, the usual. Hoping this site will help. So far it has and thanks to my friend who told me about it. :)
  • sueozzy
    sueozzy Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    45 in September feel free to add me :-)
  • sharon0220
    Options
    Hi, I will be the BIG 5-0 in May, 2014, looking to drop the 30 lbs. I have managed to regain in the last 5 years . . . UGH.

I find now the closer I am to fifty the harder it is to lose the weight. I know my hormones are playing a part, but my guess is my metabolism has really slowed down. I have a desk job and that doesn't help. I know what I need to do because I have done it before. Just aggravated that I let those pounds creep back on.

Look for support so ladies if you are out there feel free to give me a shout out!

Sharon
  • erikakain
    Options
    Yes, over 40 here too and somehow losing weight is so much harder than ever! I haven't had severe weight gains in the past 10 years but I am ready to start losing to gain some energy and also to keep up with my 5 year old.

My biggest weakness is cocktails and snack foods like pretzels and chips.
  • justaweegal
    Options
    Hi: I joined yesterday. I am 48 with 3 children, single mama, and have a job. The weight just creeped on, and now I have little or no energy. Ready to start working out and getting my mojo back.

I am 5'3" tall and am wanting to lose 20+ pounds.
  • rebekahlp
    Options
    Hi Ladies, Well this is my second go around with this and i know it works if you put in the effort. I just got lazy and didn't want to do it anymore (plain and simple) I'm back and i'm going for it. I'll be 42 in January and I really want to start feeling better and looking better. Let me tell you a little bit about me. Like I said I'm 41 and only 4ft 8in tall because of that, any extra lbs show up big time on me. My goal is to lose about 20 to 25 lbs. I'm married and have a 13 year old son. I'd love to make some new friends and hopefully we can help each other through this.