Why do guys on MFP do this?

Options

Replies

• RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    The number of guys on my friends list has now doubled as a result of this thread. Up to 4
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    They send you a friend request and when you go to their profile you see that it is filled with nothing but female friends and minimal activity? Like I would think that they would benefit more with advice from other men. Mixing it up and having both sexes is fantastic and probably yields great results since that would be a broader spectrum. But when I see all their friends are females (not a few I am talking 120/120 it makes me uncomfortable for some reason. I usually just delete and move on but I was kind of intrigued because they always hae this girlfriend they want to shape up for.
    I have a feeling that if you looked at all your friends, that the vast majority of them have 70-90% female friends! Regardles of their own gender! For the 1st month or two, I just logged and didn't read/write posts or send FRs. Once I started, FRs were flying in both directions. I saw a previous post like this and surveyed my own list. I was at 90% female and it was complete by happenstance. I wasn't stalking or collecting, and I hadn't even put up an actual pic of me at the time. I got subconscious and starting sending FRs only to dudes for a little bit. I'm totally over that now... I FR who I want, when I want and don't let the demographics sway me either when.

1 last thought. Remember, Friends list don't tell you who initiated the request!
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Because boobs.

Warm ones only.

Reported.

Lighten up...

YOU CAN'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO.
  • gr8pillock
    gr8pillock Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    There might also be a psychological side to it as well. Women tend to be very vocal and supportive (not that men can't be) and I could see a man needing support and not really getting it from other guys in the way they need it. A guy telling a guy "you look good' isn't going to boost your confidence as much as a woman telling you you're looking good/sexy. For a straight dude, I'd imagine.

I would say there might be a lot of the 'chick' collecting, but also just a lot of supportive people on this site happen to be women.

And to be honest, I'll take the chick collectors over the girls with shots of their crotches with their hand down their undies. That just totally confuses me on a weight loss site.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    3pfxll.jpg
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Bwah ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    They like boobs.
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    Girls do it to. I have quite the collection of hotties myself here.
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    It's the boobs.
  • xxghost
    xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
    Options
    I only collect people in real life

I laughed.
  • maqsmj
    maqsmj Posts: 697
    Options
    another topic about how bad MEN are, this is becoming usual
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I do the opposite.

Why? Because Abs.
  • shaynooth
    Options
    Because boobs.

Warm ones only.

Reported.

Lighten up...

yet you want to censor other people...:)
  • threeonethree
    threeonethree Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Think it's a coincidence for me... i dont care if you are a guy or girl. im just trying to get healthy.
  • amili045
    Options
    :tongue:
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Because boobs.

Warm ones only.

Reported.

Lighten up...

yet you want to censor other people...:)

You don't read humor very well, do you :/
  • justgowithit17
    justgowithit17 Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Because boobs.

Warm ones only.

Reported.

Lighten up...

99.9% sure she's kidding...
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I have several female friends on my wall, but honestly, there is only one of those that I requested... and that one was my wife.... The others requested me and as long as they are professional or friendly, I have no problem keeping them on my page...I have not had a problem with it... neither has my wife... The only ones that I have rejected are those who are obviously under age... Not going there at all-- whether female OR male... I am sure that there are plenty of folks that are on it for other reasons...
  • Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    And no on can hear us fart.
    You're doing it wrong.
  • SlickFootAnna
    SlickFootAnna Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    So that they can :

1.- Right click semi nude picture
    2.- Save c:/desktop
    3.- Gather targets
    4.- stalk you
    5.- sell you to the Albanian underground sex slave group from the movie "Taken"