Why do guys on MFP do this?

Options
123457»

Replies

• the best thing about having men as friends is you start trying to out due them in workouts lol . also they are honest, you need advice they give the best advice, stuck it up and do it again, stop crying over it and do it. sometimes I need to hear that.
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    The only guys on my fl are ones that I'd like to put my meat on their grills. If I don't think I'd like to hang out with them, have a few beers and share some meat... I'm out.
  • superstar_commish
    Options
    There might also be a psychological side to it as well. Women tend to be very vocal and supportive (not that men can't be) and I could see a man needing support and not really getting it from other guys in the way they need it. A guy telling a guy "you look good' isn't going to boost your confidence as much as a woman telling you you're looking good/sexy. For a straight dude, I'd imagine.

I would say there might be a lot of the 'chick' collecting, but also just a lot of supportive people on this site happen to be women.

And to be honest, I'll take the chick collectors over the girls with shots of their crotches with their hand down their undies. That just totally confuses me on a weight loss site.

I couldn't have said it better myself.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    you did the right thing by deleting and moving on.. If someone doesnt motivate you and they make you uncomfortable, you should just delete them instead of trying to make them feel like crap in public.
  • angryguy77
    angryguy77 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Because if you have 200+ hot females on your list, at least ONE will probably, maybe sleep with you.

I knew I should have been sending out more requests since I joined
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    Because if you have 200+ hot females on your list, at least ONE will probably, maybe sleep with you

1623026_o.gif
  • MbiggsHFD319
    MbiggsHFD319 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I just started using the social part of this site yesterday and already had a bad experience with a male. I went ahead and joined in on the "Best physical trait of the person above you" thread or something like that. Obviously, my profile pic doesn't give much to work with, but I wanted to play and comment on others nonetheless. So when a certain guy commented that my best trait was my "rack" I shrugged it off. So he emails me right after saying he didn't mean to offend me if he did and I replied that I wasn't offended and to kill awkwardness joked that I grew them myself and ended the email. He then rights back "big and natural is always preferred" to this I didn't reply. Then he writes again saying "now I offended, sorry" I replied again I'm not offended and have a sense of humor but didn't know what to say back to his comment so I didn't reply. Next email he sends of course is asking my bra size and if there's anything personal I would like to tell him. Obviously I'm not going to get into that kind of conversation with some guy I don't know. He has got the hint and left me alone but since it was one of my first encounters with a male on here, I must admit it at first made me assume the males here are all vulgar and have bad intent. After thinking on it for a few minutes I realized that I just had a bad experience and obviously not to judge someone based on their gender. With my son being disabled, being judged is a big issue for us and I strive not to do it, so to all the males on the site...my apologies. Last night I thought you were all pigs and I no longer feel that way. My bad.
    I had a similar issue yesterday with a guy. I too have been a member for quite a while and just the other day decided to join in the social stuff and got approached via email by a young guy. I'm a big flirt and played along at 1st but it became clear very quickly he was just out to see how far he could get with me.
  • 00sarah
    00sarah Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Because you're hot
  • ACepero79
    ACepero79 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Because boobs.

Uh oh, they're on to us!
  • MbiggsHFD319
    MbiggsHFD319 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Ok how about this has any one pm'd you and when you went to check their profile they were gone. This morning I logged-on and found I had message, so like always I read the message then went to check their profile and they were gone. Error message stated they had deactivated their account. That was just strange to me. Why PM someone if only a few hours later you are going to deactivate your account? Creeper alert!
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    the possible explanations for why guys do anything are as follows:

1) boobs
    2) sammiches
    3) see 1) or 2) above
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I rarely send out a FR. I accept most FR. Male or female. Then 90% of the time I unfriend that new person within a week, because we just have no shared interests.

But, 95% of the FR I get are from females. Probably 20 to 40 years old. I think it has to do with the fact that I have three daughters in thaqt range.

Bottom line -- You can unfriend someone at any time.
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    I rarely send out a FR. I accept most FR. Male or female. Then 90% of the time I unfriend that new person within a week, because we just have no shared interests.

But, 95% of the FR I get are from females. Probably 20 to 40 years old. I think it has to do with the fact that I have three daughters in thaqt range.

Maybe.... but, it might be because you are such and awesome guy with a great sense of humor too. ;)
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I've heard of guys who pick up women at gyms... they'll find women who've been overweight for a long time and have finally dropped the weight. Pretty much swooping in for the kill at an opportune moment. I would imagine some of the men here have this in mind as their modus operandi, unfortunately.

Actually as a man this is quite the opposite... It is the men here who are the victims, the prey, the the hunted ones. Also I try very hard to keep men on my friends list. I have a high % of men on my friends list considering the low number of men on the site.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options

Maybe.... but, it might be because you are such and awesome guy with a great sense of humor too. ;)

That's why we are friends. We have shared interests. We both think I'm awesome!!!!
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I've heard this term 'collector' bandied about and I suppose for some guys on here that's the point.. But for me I just accept every FR I get and they are 99% from women, usually based on some nonsense goofy post In a forum, I think. I don't really FR many people at all, unless I see someone on the forum often and they make me laugh or say something interesting that I agree or disagree with, or if I see them posting funny stuff on my newsfeed to my other friends.

I'm a little hesitant to FR women at this point because I DO worry I'm going to get that label.. . I shouldn't care, really, but I don't want to be perceived as just a shallow guy here to boost his ego by 'collecting' female friends.

I try to interact with everybody when I can, but I don't have a lot of time, so mostly I just read through my newsfeed when I can and comment on any posts where I can think of a comeback. I don't often post the encouraging 'wtg' and 'nice job' stuff on log entries. Maybe I should do that more. I admit it's nice when people do that on mine.

Anyway. . that's my $.02.
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Because boobs.

Warm ones only.

Reported.

Lighten up...

YOU CAN'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO.
    yet you want to censor other people...:)

You don't read humor very well, do you :/

The beer in your hand was the tipoff for me. . I was about to get my dander up like that guy. .then I noticed your picture and figured you were probably just drunk.
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options

That's why we are friends. We have shared interests. We both think I'm awesome!!!!

SOOOOO TRUE