Team UK - March 2010

Options

Replies

• kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone...:flowerforyou:

Good start to the day - Although im still feeling soar after my aerobics session tuesday night.. I ache soo much.. Still im going to try and get some sort of workout at the gym tonight even if it kills me! Im one determined bean!! :laugh:

Im planning to go back up to Nottingham for a night to see the boyfriend in a weeks time 12th - 13th... I have to be back for Sunday as its Mothers day and ill be going to my nans :flowerforyou:

Brilliant news to share with you all... My Grandpa got diagnosed with Bone Cancer xmas time 2008 and has been put on the treatment for it ever since... My weight gain was partly due to this as i emotionally ate to comfort myself... Plus breaking up with the ex played a huge part in it as well... Annnyway.. Mum told me the other day that the treatment was successful in the fact that the cancer hasn't gone, but it hasnt gotten any worse.. sooo.... woo hoo.. its an amazing result!! Im very happy to hear he is on the mend!! :bigsmile:

I've had a very good food week this week and i dont want to ruin it on the weekend but tbh with you all.. its gonna happen!! Im going to try my hardest to fit in a session at the gym on saturday!

I hope you all have a lovely day!

Katherine x :heart: x
  • xXmimiXx
    xXmimiXx Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Hey JimJam!

WTG on losing this week, I haven't :grumble: nobody but myself to blame though I was doing so well for a couple weeks and obviously got complacent and now I haven't lost :mad: I'm cranking it up from today big time!
    Sorry to hear about your guy, I have similar probs at the mo and it's hard not to comfort eat I hear that! I've bought in healthy things so if I do have to comfort eat at 10pm it's a bit of fruit - which in most instances won't comfort me so I don't have anything :laugh: or a shape yoghurt or something, about 70 cals :embarassed:.

I'm sooo looking forward to the gym tonight :drinker:

Have a good day everyone! Nearly Friday again! :happy:

Mikhaila :heart:
  • xXmimiXx
    Options
    Good morning everyone...:flowerforyou:

Good start to the day - Although im still feeling soar after my aerobics session tuesday night.. I ache soo much.. Still im going to try and get some sort of workout at the gym tonight even if it kills me! Im one determined bean!! :laugh:

Im planning to go back up to Nottingham for a night to see the boyfriend in a weeks time 12th - 13th... I have to be back for Sunday as its Mothers day and ill be going to my nans :flowerforyou:

Brilliant news to share with you all... My Grandpa got diagnosed with Bone Cancer xmas time 2008 and has been put on the treatment for it ever since... My weight gain was partly due to this as i emotionally ate to comfort myself... Plus breaking up with the ex played a huge part in it as well... Annnyway.. Mum told me the other day that the treatment was successful in the fact that the cancer hasn't gone, but it hasnt gotten any worse.. sooo.... woo hoo.. its an amazing result!! Im very happy to hear he is on the mend!! :bigsmile:

I've had a very good food week this week and i dont want to ruin it on the weekend but tbh with you all.. its gonna happen!! Im going to try my hardest to fit in a session at the gym on saturday!

I hope you all have a lovely day!

Katherine x :heart: x

Hey Katherine!

I'm so happy to hear about your Grandpa :heart: :heart: :heart: my Grandad had found out he had cancer last year but died about 2 weeks later :cry: but I'm sure he's watching down on me down hey and he'll be happy because he'll be with his precious little Charlie (cocker spaniel) sorry folks I know animals aren't supposed to have souls but I think they do!!!! Anyway cancer has affected so many people I know recently so it's amazing to hear a happy story :happy: ...sorry tangent...

...I'm out again this Saturday so pretty nervous tbh, I was out last night too at PE with my friend who I haven't seen for ages and then I had a seminar for my OU so didn't get to go gym, I feel baddd right now because I also ate a chocolate bar yesterday thank GOD TOM is nearly over, I'm ready to get back on myself with a vengeance today and am going to try and do 6k tonight instead of 5 to teach myself a lesson :laugh:

I have that Sxxxy Aerobics tommorrow (gulp) with the hot pole dancer woman (double gulp) but I know it's going to half kill me so it must do some good so quite looking forward to it!

I'm going to be good at work today, boredom + eating = BAD WASTE OF TIME

Ciao bellas and bellos haha,

Mikhaila :heart:
  • sparklepants
    sparklepants Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Morning girls and guys :o)

Well I was absolutely TERRIBLE on holiday!!!!! I can't even get on the scales yet cause I know it'll depress me!! So got to get back to it today.... really hard though!!

How are you all doing? Good couple of weeks?

xx
  • sdscouser
    sdscouser Posts: 320
    Options

Well I was absolutely TERRIBLE on holiday!!!!! I can't even get on the scales yet cause I know it'll depress me!! So got to get back to it today.... really hard though!!

xx

Welcome back.. I hope you had a great time.
  • sdscouser
    Options
    :frown: :frown:
    What a bad week this is turning out to be (on the exercise front) I have only been to the gym once this week (monday). Due to work I have not been able to find the time. And i dont have the chance to go after work... I am hoping that I can at least limit the damage by not overeating... I am so used to eating my exercise calories that I have to be more carefull about what I have.

Fortunately I have a quiet weekend so no real temptatation to pig out..:tongue:
    K good news on your grandpa.. My sister has a similar condition, Cancer not completely removed but not getting any worse so she is learning to live with it.

Everybody else I hope you manage to survive the weekend and don't over indulge.

be good.
  • hallswan
    hallswan Posts: 90
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I missed the Feb board so I thought I would come and join this month!

I lost 4lbs in Feb, and most of that was in the first two week but not much in the last two :(

My aim this month is to loose at least 6lbs!

Tonight I am going for a swim - hoping to do approx 1 mile - which should be about 60 lengths!
  • tanyewest
    tanyewest Posts: 113
    Options
    TEAM UK! Tanya has arrived (:

:heart: Hey Mimi & KP!! I finally decided to join after reading the whole thread.

I've had a terrible/week/month/year. I seem to track all my calories, exercise moderately (but no consciously) I only ever eat my 1200 cals a day, find it hard to go over unless I go out drinking on binge on a 'dinner date' at Pizza Express or other haha.

Hope all of you are taking this more seriously than I seem to be.

I WILL eventually do what I'm supposed to.

Love & Kisses, T! x:flowerforyou:
  • kpnuts23
    Options

xx

Get on those scales ASAP Missy!! You need to know where your starting otherwise it will be a guessing game! Im sure you havent done too much damage!!

xx
  • kpnuts23
    Options

:heart: Hey Mimi & KP!! I finally decided to join after reading the whole thread.

I've had a terrible/week/month/year. I seem to track all my calories, exercise moderately (but no consciously) I only ever eat my 1200 cals a day, find it hard to go over unless I go out drinking on binge on a 'dinner date' at Pizza Express or other haha.

Tanya!! You have joined!! woop!

Ah your doing fine hun! Just pick a day - or weight or an item of clothing and keep that as your goal.. Im going to buy a size 10 pair of jeans/work trousers on the weekend and make it my ultimate goal to fit into them... Oh and to be that 9 1/2!!

Hope your having a good day chicka..

Love Kat x
  • kpnuts23
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I missed the Feb board so I thought I would come and join this month!

I lost 4lbs in Feb, and most of that was in the first two week but not much in the last two :(

My aim this month is to loose at least 6lbs!

Tonight I am going for a swim - hoping to do approx 1 mile - which should be about 60 lengths!

Welcome to the group!!
    I hope you find it a great help - I definately have - the support from everyone has been great!
    Enjoy your swim!!

xKatherinex
  • MistahLee31
    MistahLee31 Posts: 116
    Options
    JimJim, keep your chin up hun, I'm sure things will work out! :smile:

KP, great news that your Grandad is on the mend! :happy:
  • xXmimiXx
    Options

Yay Tanya you're here!!!!!! :heart:

You are taking it seriously really I know you are :tongue: you're doing great anyway! :-) I've had a bad couple weeks too so I'm stepping up ma game from today sista! :laugh: I was doing so well too...hmm hopefully when I weigh in this time next week I'll have started the weight loss ball a-rollin again!

I went to Pizza Express last night haha :flowerforyou:

Ciao everyone! :heart:
  • sparklepants
    Options
    KP you're so right about getting on the scales!! EEEEEEK!!! But I so know it'll be bad!

I have managed to resist all the chocolate etc today!! Woop!

I went to Pizza Express last night too! Haha!!
  • Plantpot
    Plantpot Posts: 105 Member
    Options

Course you can join our group - the more the merrier!! :happy:

Where abouts in the UK are you?
    You've joined the British Millitary Fitness? What does that entail?

K x

Not sure if I have quoted that right, not used to these chat things!!! :embarassed:

Anyways..... British Military Fitness is an alternative to the gym. They hold classes outdoors, with ex army instructors, its really good, involves a lot of running, sit ups, press ups etc, but they disguise a lot of the exercise with team games which are a lot of fun and help you forget you are actually exercising!! I find I sometimes mess around in the gym and wonder if I am doing things correctly, so these classes are good for me as the instructor makes sure you are getting a good work out and doing things correctly. Its a bit like have a personal trainer but withough the expence. And lots of fun if you go with friends!!

I am from Manchester, but heading to London this weekend for a hen do..... I have been doing really well recently and was 10.13 3/4 this morning, I have been above 11 stone for about 6 months, so am really pleased to get back in the 10 stone club, so determined not to blow it this weekend, but its always hard when hungover!!! :grumble: :grumble:
  • xXmimiXx
    Options
    KP you're so right about getting on the scales!! EEEEEEK!!! But I so know it'll be bad!

Haha wicked, Orange Wednesday's hey :laugh:

Ps. Whenever I'm too scared to get on the scales it's never as bad as I thought, you'll be ok! :bigsmile:
  • tanyewest
    tanyewest Posts: 113
    Options
    :flowerforyou:

Haha wicked, Orange Wednesday's hey :laugh:

Ps. Whenever I'm too scared to get on the scales it's never as bad as I thought, you'll be ok! :bigsmile:

Whenever I am scared to get on the scales, I would say it's never as bad as I thought but THEY DONT MOVE!!!! Neither up or frigging down, which is just as fustrating as them going up haha!!! x
  • Lady_C_the_1st
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

I am not feeling very positive/patient with my weight loss. I have lost 3.5kg over the last two months which I'm really pleased with, but over the last week I have put on 0.3kg. I have upped my calories and lowered my goal to just 0.5lbs a week as I only have about 3kg left to lose.

I am exercising 4 x a week, maybe 5 on some weeks, doing both cardio and weights, for at least 30mins each most days. I have gone over calories a little but not excessively. I do go over carbs though, yesterday by 100 (not a regular occurrence though).

It is difficult to stay motivated when the scales are slowly creeping back up. Please feel free to look at my diary, it is public, and tell me where I might be going wrong.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks xx
  • sdscouser
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

I am not feeling very positive/patient with my weight loss. I have lost 3.5kg over the last two months which I'm really pleased with, but over the last week I have put on 0.3kg. I have upped my calories and lowered my goal to just 0.5lbs a week as I only have about 3kg left to lose.

I am exercising 4 x a week, maybe 5 on some weeks, doing both cardio and weights, for at least 30mins each most days. I have gone over calories a little but not excessively. I do go over carbs though, yesterday by 100 (not a regular occurrence though).

It is difficult to stay motivated when the scales are slowly creeping back up. Please feel free to look at my diary, it is public, and tell me where I might be going wrong.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks xx

remember if you are increasing your exercise and if this includes extra weight bearing exercises then this could lead to more muscle which is supposed to be heavier than fat. It's only what I have heard but it is worth being aware of.
  • sparklepants
    Options
    Well the ladies were right! I breathed in this morning and got on the scales!! 3.5lbs on, which believe it or not I'm happy with! I ate SO much on holiday I thought it'd be at least double that!!!!! So I'm back on it today! Microwaved some Rhubarb this morning and it was totally lush!

Lady C- I agree with the Scouse one! I have been in that situation before and found that measuring myself was more helpful- perhaps give that a go?

Also I would suggest eating carbs pre workout (like 2 hours before cardio) and protein afterwards?