Everyone here is so mean

Options
123457»

Replies

• Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    The only, truly mean people I've seen on here are those that can't take being told that, in someone else's opinion, what they're doing is wrong, and then go off on a rant about it, often including name calling and things far worse than the 'mean' post they are reacting to.

Personally, the only person who's been mean to me was the friend of a friend. I was trying to encourage my friend to eat more, but she was upset at this, so before it got any nastier, I deleted her. Her friend friended me just so that she could say that being obese was just as bad as being underweight and that I must be obese to be eating so much... I deleted her without bothering to explain that I can eat 2400kcal a day without gaining at all. :bigsmile:

I guess I'm misconstrued as mean more often than I believe someone's mean. Does that make me a meany?
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Bump because this is goddamned groundhog day.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Just so everyone knows, "everyone is so mean" is nothing new.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Gotta love double posts.
  • dirty_dirty_eater
    dirty_dirty_eater Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    hahahahaha I was just raked over the coals for posting about how bad fast food is and I don't understand why people eat it. lol
    I guess i'm mean.. lol

Mean and ill informed. :flowerforyou:
  • ladylego1
    ladylego1 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I would love some "mean" friends... I actually love reading their posts as they do know what they are talking about and once they have answered the same questions day in day out for the last (insert days) you can forgive them for getting sarky.

Some people just need to learn to read the forums I spent 1 month lurking before I posted as there was just so much information out there if people bothered to look for it.

Plus the "mean" ones I have seen actually seem to care and speak out if they can see mistakes which is much more productive in the long run