What annoys you about others at the gym?

Options

Replies

• TheConsciousFoody
    TheConsciousFoody Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym for myself so I focus on nothing but myself. I don't care what other people are doing at the gym. There are more important things than watching what some girl does or doesnt do with men at the gym.
  • RayLeone
    RayLeone Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    OK this happened a few years ago. After an early morning workout I am in the sauna and a fellow walks in with a water bottle. After a couple of minutes he asks if it is OK to water the stones. Yeah no problem the bucket and ladle are on the floor next to the heater. This clown takes a mouth full of water from his bottle and spits it on the stones.

When I said what the ^#%^#, he looks at me and says "whats wrong?"
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym for myself so I focus on nothing but myself. I don't care what other people are doing at the gym. There are more important things than watching what some girl does or doesnt do with men at the gym.
    This ^^^ when I go by myself I don't look at anyone but me in the mirror and the tv on the cardio machines.
    But yesterday I did make a mental note of one girl who looked very fashion coordinated for the gym.
    Pink bright running shoes, darker grey pants and a same color pink top. Looked really cute.
  • Kissah
    Kissah Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    When the old guys are standing at the sink, drying their balls with the gym supplied hair dryers...

^^^ This or banging their balls against the scale post ...eww

Or as I am tying my shoes to leave for the day, they are standing right THERE & their balls almost hit me..
    Tyler if its the same old man maybe you should turn him in lol he might be hitting on you

Nope, it's the same group of 6 or so old guys.

They come in, just to stand in the locker room naked and bullsh*t.

Yea this happens at pretty much every gym... It's like a damn epidemic

Hate to break it to ya fellas....but this is not just limited to old men. The older women at my gym do the same thing. They walk around the locker room naked like they own the place. If I wanted to see naked people, I'd go to a strip club. But I think the WORST is when they sit down on the locker room benches completely naked. Makes me want to vomit. And what happened to the elderly being modest?!?

So true... I see it all the time and in the Sauna too... Really gross...
  • RECowgill
    RECowgill Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Fat guys lifting weights instead of getting on the treadmill

I would point out that you can burn fat more efficiently by adding muscle. So fat guys lifting weights makes sense, especially since you can't do specific exercises to target fat in any one location.
    People who wear their sunglasses in the gym

I have considered doing this. :glasses:
  • ShawndaSallee
    ShawndaSallee Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    When there is a limited amount of treadmill, and there is nothing but lazy *kitten* people walking at a very slow pace! Even if you put it on an incline, walking on a treadmill will not do enough to really help! Take your *kitten* to the pavement and speed walk sweetheart! I’m here to run!
  • knotsandloops845
    knotsandloops845 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I didn't see anyone hacking up a lung today at the gym but I think with this flu situation happenijg there should be signs telling ppl to stay home if sick.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    When there is a limited amount of treadmill, and there is nothing but lazy *kitten* people walking at a very slow pace! Even if you put it on an incline, walking on a treadmill will not do enough to really help! Take your *kitten* to the pavement and speed walk sweetheart! I’m here to run!

Moving...will help.

You're such a peach!
  • ShawndaSallee
    Options

Moving...will help.

You're such a peach!

I tell it like it is dear. It’s pure laziness.
  • veddar79
    veddar79 Posts: 205
    Options
    People who wear their sunglasses in the gym

I have considered doing this. :glasses:
    [/quote]

Can't stand it. There's one guy who always wears his and where's these knee high socks. Must've seen it in a hip hop video.
  • valeriebpdx
    valeriebpdx Posts: 499 Member
    Options

Moving...will help.

You're such a peach!

Seriously. Running can also be done outside, fyi.

Only things that bother me are folks who don't re-rack and loud cell-phone talkers. Nothing else affects me. OK, actually, the people who stand in the front row at Zumba watching themselves in the mirror, all pouty and serious like they are auditioning for a Broadway show, bug me, but I recognize this is my problem.
  • thekyleo
    thekyleo Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    lmao Tyler

It honest to God happens. & I know it's not just my gym, cause I have seen MANY posts about it..

or the classic tying shoes and they put their knee up on the bench to talk to you
  • RVfrog
    RVfrog Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    when they don't clean the machine when they get off............I always clean when I get on and get off of the machines. I'm not taking any chances.....hahaha
  • ShawndaSallee
    Options

Moving...will help.

You're such a peach!

Only things that bother me are folks who don't re-rack and loud cell-phone talkers. Nothing else affects me. OK, actually, the people who stand in the front row at Zumba watching themselves in the mirror, all pouty and serious like they are auditioning for a Broadway show, bug me, but I recognize this is my problem.

Your right. And I do 95% of the time. But when I see the same people EVERY SINGLE DAY....NEVER DOING ANYTHING ELSE. Once again, pure laziness.
  • chunkydunk714
    chunkydunk714 Posts: 784 Member
    Options

Moving...will help.

You're such a peach!

So glad were not friends...
  • ShawndaSallee
    Options

Moving...will help.

You're such a peach!

Your right. And I do 95% of the time. But when I see the same people EVERY SINGLE DAY....NEVER DOING ANYTHING ELSE. Once again, pure laziness.

What gets me even more is when they are on there for more then 30 mins. Its called sharing kids! Respect for others around you!
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options

Moving...will help.

You're such a peach!

So glad were not friends...

Judging others burn a lot of calories I guess
  • andynoo
    Options
    Agreed :) everyone is there for own reasons, no need to get annoyed or angry etc etc, if theres a problem that persists just speak to the staff, and let them sort it out, other than that people shouldnt be getting upset over what others are doing or not doing at the gym :) the only thing that matters is what YOU are doing at the gym, which is working out and keeping up your fitness
    I don't really ever get annoyed. I'm way to focused to see or hear anyone else :wink: .
  • kobiemom
    kobiemom Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    An old lady who stands in the lane in the pool and watches others swim. Right in the way - sucking up a lane. Everyone else has to share lanes. She yelled at me once because I got her wet with a kick splash. She's in the pool!! WTH??
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    Today I learned that very little annoys me....

....by some rules of deduction this must mean that I'm the "annoying one" :laugh: