What annoys you about others at the gym?

Options

Replies

• SwimFan1981
    SwimFan1981 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    When there is a limited amount of treadmill, and there is nothing but lazy *kitten* people walking at a very slow pace! Even if you put it on an incline, walking on a treadmill will not do enough to really help! Take your *kitten* to the pavement and speed walk sweetheart! I’m here to run!

Run outside?
  • Muldactus
    Muldactus Posts: 6,972 Member
    Options
    When there is a limited amount of treadmill, and there is nothing but lazy *kitten* people walking at a very slow pace! Even if you put it on an incline, walking on a treadmill will not do enough to really help! Take your *kitten* to the pavement and speed walk sweetheart! I’m here to run!

Run outside?

QFT - and thank you.
  • westerly34
    Options
    Terrible form like this one
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azC_r1ulHW8
  • sm1zzle
    sm1zzle Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Loud moaning in the weight room, two naked guys having a conversation face to face in the locker room, women who do not wear leggings, sitting on a machine and doing multiple of the same rep, etc.
  • justgowithit17
    justgowithit17 Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    after reading this thread, i don't have any complaints about my gym. i mean, it's not perfect, but the people are always respectful and wipe off their machines and don't hog other machines. there's lots of open stuff and plenty of equipment...this is making me want to work out lol
  • Careygirl1968
    Careygirl1968 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I use a community center in one of the towns I work in, and they allow children to be with the parents in any part of the gym. Well behaved and supervised children don't bother me - as long as they are solidly out of the way where they will not be injured. But the kids that constantly are coming over to you asking questions, talking, etc. They are super cute kids, and in another setting I'd be happy to interact, but not at the gym! I'm trying to stay in my focused zone!
  • RECowgill
    RECowgill Posts: 881 Member
    Options

What. The. Hell. Too funny. :laugh:
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Nothing bothers me about others at the gym.

Anymore.

I got smart and only work out at home now.
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    How some people think that how much you can lift dictates your self worth.

Uhh, will someone please alert the nobel prize committee of this new technicality...
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    The people at my gym don't rerack or put weights remotely back into the right spot. I can never find the right weights and half of them are scattered on the floor.
  • fight_for_fit
    Options
    Girls who wear a face full of makeup.
    People who talk on their phones.
    People who have like 87 sets of weights in front of them when others need weights ( I MEAN REALLY you're not going to use those all at once)
    & When there is like 19 open treadmills and someone decides to come run right beside me....
    Yess I get annoyed really easily lol.
  • LiteBrite007
    LiteBrite007 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I just hate when large groups of people use the gym for a lounge. they sit around on all the machines and chat...seriously????
  • Hadabetter
    Hadabetter Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    People who treat a weight machine like it's a piece of cardio equipment and they do endless reps with super-low weight. I honestly saw a woman on the leg press with weights set so low that she was reading a paperback book while lifting!
    :yawn:
  • Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I really only have one...people who don't wipe down the machines. And, no, wiping it with your sweaty towel doesn't count as it is only smearing your own sweat around. Take the paper towel, spray it with sanitizer and give the machine a quick swipe. That's all. That being said, I pretty much always wipe down every machine before and after i use it anyway. Other than that, I am just hoping people aren't looking and me and thinking of things that annoy them at the gym.
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    I really hate it when others hate what I'm doing in the gym and make a noise about it.

I could squark about people looking the same week after week, month after month, I could go on about cardio bunnies bouncing between cardio machines not realizing its about diet, same with the skinny pencil necked young lads lifting with appalling form or indeed this time of year when my temple of solace is taken over by wannabes for a month or two and doubling my time in the gym...

...but I won't. Just relax a little and move onto something else. If some girl is hitting on the men, big deal - so what? Stop worrying about her and concentrate on your workout - just smacks of jealousy or some weird fetish on concentrating on what someone else is doing. Just relax and enjoy your time training, you'll get much more from it.

Remember, getting angry at someone will just give you inner turmoil and stress - they won't feel it and even if they do, did they really deserve it? Doubt it.
  • leffy05
    leffy05 Posts: 31
    Options
    People who don't clean off machines when they look like they just got out of the shower is annoying, but the one thing that annoys me the most is there is a guy that lift weights at the same time as me and he does the most awkward and incorrect lifting techniques because he THINKS that that is how much weight he can do. It was so bad one that night, when he was doing what I'm assuming was shrugs, and it was so erratic that everyone stopped in the weight area and just starred at him......
  • doug_pierce
    Options
    Old men who whislte in the locker room (usually the same ones who dry their balls). They are either so audacious that they think others will enjoy their whistling or they don't care that it will annoy others.
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    -People who don't wipe the machines after they're done! I've seen this happen so much I just go ahead and wipe down the machines before I use them. I just assume now the person who used it before me probably didn't wipe it down.

-People who interrupt my workout to ask me a stupid question! No I don't know or care how fast you should walk on the treadmill. Yes women are allowed to go in the weight room. Yes you can use your iphone for music even though the sign says no cell phones allowed; they mean don't take pics with it or sit around talking on it. And so on.

-People who talk to me in the locker room while they are doing weird things with their unmentionables! Like old ladies who stand at the sink drying their bush with the hair dryers. :noway: And then have the nerve to remark on younger women and their lack of pubic hair. Well maybe I don't want a forest I have to dry with a hair dryer lest I have soppy drawers, you hairy bigfoot!

-This happens everywhere I go but for some reason it only pisses me off at the gym: People who comment on my hair! Yes it is long, yes it is thick, yes it is all my real hair!! Can I work out with all this hair? B&^#* you SEE me working out!

-Creepers! You SEE I have on a wedding ring, why are you bothering me??? Interrupting my workout to ask me out, really?? I pointed out my husband to the last creeper and told him, Go ask my husband if you can take me out! He slunk away, quite chagrined. Jerk!
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options

Wait...what?!

I think we finally found a Webster match for "self-righteous"

First of all, there's nothing wrong with walking on a treadmill. A lot of people lose weight that way. Second of all, you do realize that people who are recovering from medical problems, surgeries, knee issues, back issues, etc. etc. etc. may not be able to run at all, don't you? I mean that's like workout 101.

If you're so special, maybe you should just buy your own treadmill and then you won't have to deal with the "lazies" holding you back.

:noway: