What annoys you about others at the gym?

Options

Replies

• osf8539
    osf8539 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    i have 2 things that annoy me when i am at the gym. the first is rude machine hogging people. you know, the ones that place their personal items on machines in hopes of keeping someone else from using it, yet, they aren't currently using it. the 2nd is people who make all those grunting noises while working. it feels more like a way to gather attention. now, i'm not talking about heavy breathing, but loud yells.
  • osf8539
    Options
    lmbo.....too funny
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    The ones that stare at me then look away pretending they weren't staring at me .
  • DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    The guy who brings his golf club in to practice his swing in front of the mirror!
  • osf8539
    Options
    When there is a limited amount of treadmill, and there is nothing but lazy *kitten* people walking at a very slow pace! Even if you put it on an incline, walking on a treadmill will not do enough to really help! Take your *kitten* to the pavement and speed walk sweetheart! I’m here to run!

Moving...will help.

You're such a peach!

I agree with you!! any movement that burns calories on a consistent basis will help.
  • Front_Runner
    Options
    The only thing that kind of bugs me is folks who either
    1) Don't clean up after themselves (leave trash in a locker, empty shampoo bottles in the showers, used paper towels on the counters, etc.)
    and
    2) Don't turn off their machine's TV when they're done. I walk in and there are 3 empty treadmills with 3 TVs going... just seems wastful somehow.
    Otherwise... do what ya will (as long as it's not harming anyone!!!) :)
  • MightyMama14
    Options
    HA JUJULAMB! and get all up in my grill to see what I look like up close when I sweat!! hahaha Love Ya Chica! :laugh:
  • MightyMama14
    Options
    When people don't wipe their machines. I know that they know they are supposed to do it. Lazy! :mad: Also, there is a lady that invades my space. At 4:45 AM the gym is practically empty and there are plenty of machines. She insists on getting the one right next to me and I can feel her staring down the display on my machine. Never Fails! Maybe she wants to be friends, or has some sort of issue with allowing others some personal space. Or maybe I am territorial. ha. but at 4:45 AM I don't need any new friends or a stranger breathing all over me and my machine!
    I might be quirky..but that bugs me!!
    Remind me to jump on the tredmill right next to yours next time Mar! lol love you

HA JUJULAMB! and get all up in my grill to see what I look like up close when I sweat!! hahaha Love Ya Chica! :laugh:
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    When there is a limited amount of treadmill, and there is nothing but lazy *kitten* people walking at a very slow pace! Even if you put it on an incline, walking on a treadmill will not do enough to really help! Take your *kitten* to the pavement and speed walk sweetheart! I’m here to run!

Moving...will help.

You're such a peach!

I tell it like it is dear. It’s pure laziness.

So wait...

It's lazy if they use the treadmill to walk..
    It's not lazy if you use the treadmill to run?
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    when im trying to workout, and the buff gym guy trys to start talking to me...hello, im squatting 200+ pounds, can't you talk to me after I am done?
  • amili045
    Options
    girls that wear makeup

I go to the gym straight from work, so I have my makeup on. I don't feel the need to wash my face before working out. It's not like I get dolled up to go to the gym. Maybe the other girl's you are seeing are in a similar situation? (Sidenote, I don't wear a ton of makeup but do have concealer, eyeliner and mascara on).

I go to the Ottawa U gym. Its very apparent which girls go there to workout and those that go to hangout. Also, you are right, I may not always be able to tell but I dont notice every girl that walk in with makeup on. Sometimes even in the middle of an intense workout you just happen to notice someone with heavy makeup on and you think "that's going to get messy" but If you are sweating like a crazy person ... no matter what I have respect :P anyways props to you for being able to fit it all in makeup or no makeuo :P

The way ilooked today I needed sum make up at the gym :-)

nah doubt it :P
  • Muldactus
    Muldactus Posts: 6,972 Member
    Options
    God I hate rude f'ers at the gym. Bench press has a ton of weight on it. No one usin it. We wait 2 minutes and no one claims it, so we start clearing the weight. THEN some prick comes over and says he's using it. Says we can have it when he's done. It'll be 15 minutes. Then he proceeds to do a set of 4 reps then walks away again. Damn worthless community gyms and the selfish *kitten* who don't give a **** about anyone else wanting to use the equipment. We tell management about it, and management says something to the affect that they bet they know who it is. They send a guy down to check it out, and sure enough - it is who they think it is. So what do they do? Nothing. "I'll keep an eye on him." He's LEANING on a machine across the room and chatting. He's abandoned it again.... and your response is "you'll keep an eye on him?"
  • ShawndaSallee
    ShawndaSallee Posts: 103 Member
    Options

Moving...will help.

You're such a peach!

I tell it like it is dear. It’s pure laziness.

So wait...

It's lazy if they use the treadmill to walk..
    It's not lazy if you use the treadmill to run?

Ya got me! You completely understand everything I was saying!! SMMFH What I dont understand, is why yall are *****ing about me posting my pet peeve on a thread about pet peeves! I love internet trolls.
  • DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    Options

I use to be judge people the same way. However I realized everyone is at a different fitness level. I was that person one day before I could run 13 miles at once. Be happy they made it to the gym and they're not sitting on the couch at home. Otherwise buy your own treadmill and stay home. Not everyone is at your fitness level.
  • Muldactus
    Muldactus Posts: 6,972 Member
    Options
    Yar, good idea! Just because it's 21 degrees outside doesn't mean anything! Tell that 41 yr old woman who's struggling to recover from a sprained hip that she should suck it up and head out into the cold. There's absolutely no reason anyone should be using a treadmill because it's safer and more climate controlled than the outside!

Oh wait. There is.

My GF is the one struggling to get over a badly bruised/sprained hip. At the end of a 15 minute walk at 2.5 miles an hour, her hip is sore and starts spasming a bit. It's 21 degrees outside. Do you really think that because you want to jog at 10mph that gives you more right to use the machine than someone who's using the machine for therapy and to rebuild their fitness level? Really?
  • _melissamyers
    Options
    I can't stand people who talk on the phone while doing cardio. I understand taking an important call that is done within 5 minutes. I'm talking about the person you see once a week, has no intervals or resistance set and hogs it for an hour while drinking coffee and chatting on the phone the entire time.
  • treetpflyer
    treetpflyer Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Fat guys lifting weights instead of getting on the treadmill

I would point out that you can burn fat more efficiently by adding muscle. So fat guys lifting weights makes sense, especially since you can't do specific exercises to target fat in any one location.
    People who wear their sunglasses in the gym

I have considered doing this. :glasses:

When someone has been lifting weights only for over two years and has done nothing but get fatter I would say he needs to focus on cardio and eating right for a change. Unless his goal is to be fat and never show the muscles he works for. Apparently his weight lifting is not burning fat efficiently enough to keep up with his eating habits.
  • tinytasha7
    tinytasha7 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Had a crack ho attack me, and when I told her to get the hell away from me, was reprimanded by the manager to watch my language....the crack ho suffered no reprimands. Next time if the ho gets into my bubble like she did last week, I'll just punch her....and the manager.
  • wjkfloyd
    wjkfloyd Posts: 125
    Options
    Empty gym, unlimited equipment open but someone has to use the one next to you...
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    There's one guy who likes to hog my favorite elliptical, but he isn't around that often, so my gym time is virtually annoyance-free.