I. Hate. Eggs.

Options
12346»

Replies

• emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    This morning, as I do most mornings, I had an omelette. 2 eggs, 1/2 cup 100% egg whites from a carton, two tbsp sour cream, green bell pepper and onion, whisked and cooked in a cast iron pan.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    You can get the same nutrients an egg provides from other sources that you actually enjoy eating. I love eggs, but I don't understand forcing onesself to eat something one does not like.
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    I hate eggs too. They are a hen's period.

No, they aren't.

Birds don't menstruate.

But thanks so much for your helpful reply. :flowerforyou:

Really? Do your research. They are unfertilized ovum. I am a vegan i know.
    http://www.peta2.com/blog/are_eggs_chicken_periods_a_nurse_gives_the_lowdown/

It's great to know that vegan's are the know all be all. Now I know!
  • vickiessecret
    vickiessecret Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I don't mind eating eggs but not everyday. I actually like egg white better. I get the egg white/ egg beaters. I like them better than real eggs :)
  • genea313
    Options
    Tofu scramble. Try PPK.com for recipe ideas.
  • shae68143
    shae68143 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Bump for egg ideas (even though I personally love eggs - there are some good ideas/recipes here)
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I hate eggs too. They are a hen's period.

No, they aren't.

Birds don't menstruate.

But thanks so much for your helpful reply. :flowerforyou:

Really? Do your research. They are unfertilized ovum. I am a vegan i know.
    http://www.peta2.com/blog/are_eggs_chicken_periods_a_nurse_gives_the_lowdown/

Replacement for the 'No, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night' commercial.

"OMG, you just performed open-heart surgery on that man with a pair of chopsticks! But...he died...so...that was a bad idea...are you really a doctor?"

"No, but I *am* a vegan."
  • nuviag
    nuviag Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Yummmers!
    Fry egg in pan with Pam spray. Eat on bagel thin with garden vegetable cream cheese, sriracha sauce and fresh spinach.
  • Queen_JessieA
    Queen_JessieA Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the egg muffins from South Beach? They are great!! I have made them with ham and cheese, bacon and cheese, cheese and veggies...yumms! http://mixingbowl.betterrecipes.com/south-beach-diet-egg-muffins.html

I love my eggs doozied up with veggies in them or topped with salsa :)
  • Shamrock_me
    Options
    Welllllllll this might bother some people but - crack one raw in a protein milkshake and blend it up!

My dad didn't have much breakfast cooking experience and he wasn't much of a morning person so often he'd put some milk, raw eggs, ice cream, carnation instant breakfast drink and some fruit of a sort in a blender and Voila! breakfast before school. Now I recommend you skip the ice cream maybe add in some plain Greek yogurt and some protein powder instead of carnation instant breakfast drink mix. People will scream and yell about raw egg bacteria Solmonella blah blah blah. But depending on how you acquire your eggs and where you are this may not even be relevant. I'm in the US and buy my eggs from a grocery. In order to sell eggs you are required to have an egg license and be inspected. Or you can just buy the carton of egg whites too. I'd think the carton thing would be more risky considering it's been more open to contamination. Experiment but if you mix chocolate powder & raspberry - add the raspberries last with minimal blend or it kinda looks really really gross.

Barring that I would suggest some french toast. Dip some low carb/calorie bread in egg, cinnamon, vanilla and fry it with cooking spray. Make a ton it freezes pretty well for days you don't have time to make it from scratch.

Neither of these options TASTE like eggs.
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I'm away from a computer for a day and a half and this thing blows up! Thanks for all of the suggestions. I'm definitely going to try some of these and, if in the end I can't stand any of them, I'll take te other advice, which is to just forget about them and move on. Thanks again!
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    dont suffer through things you dont like to eat. thats just silly.