Colon Hydrotherapy

Options

Replies

• clemsonsaint
    Options
    *sings* The best part of waking up, is Foldgers up your.....

This made my day.
  • gr8pillock
    gr8pillock Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I AM going to be called crazy for saying this, but there is actually a Cancer treatment called the Gerson Method that incorporates Coffee enemas. The documentary I saw said at the time there was one record of a Stage 4 cancer survivor (of which type of cancer I can't remember) who recovered on the Gerson method. Only person to survive stage 4 apparently. It's WAY more than coffee enemas, but those are a part of it.

Take that however you will!!!

Now back to the goofing off.

You're saying that only 1 person has ever survived (any type of) stage 4 cancer? Ever?

And they did it by getting coffee enemas?

Whaaattt?

No. The therapy supposedly has a good success rate specifically with metastatic melanoma. Gerson's original book from the '50's documents 50 of his best cases. The Gerson Institute has documentation of many more. They're cagey with real success rates, though. But then so are most oncologist clinics and cancer centers.

The Gerson Therapy does not use or recommend colonics or colon hydrotherapy. It uses coffee enemas instead. The purpose/theory isn't to cleanse the colon but rather to deliver caffeine directly to the liver. I think you'll be hard pressed to find any kind of semi-serious argument for colonics or colon hydrotherapy except in cases of extreme constipation. The Gerson coffee enemas are supposed to stimulate the liver and the gallbladder to dump lots of bile (containing cholesterol and toxins) into the digestive tract. In the beginning it also tends to liberate gall stones.

The Gerson therapy defines a toxin as "anything that is an enzyme inhibitor." You can think of it as "anything that impedes normal, healthy biochemical reactions." The idea that we "don't have toxins in our body" is silly. After all, what do you have a liver, kidneys, and lymphatic system for? I don't see how anyone can suggest with a straight face that these systems are always operating at peak efficiency no matter what you put in your body. There's also no reason to think it's impossible to overwhelm these systems (even if only temporarily). Haven't you ever had a hangover or been septic with a bad flu?

That being said there are 3 documented cases of patients dying from coffee enemas. These treatments mess with your electrolyte balance and the deaths were probably due to the high frequency of enemas demanded by the cancer protocol. I've just done research and don't know if any of this works the way it's claimed to. I'm too chicken to stick anything up my but to find out.

See! I'm not the only one who saw that documentary!
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    only goes in about three inches and is very safe

I'm gonna use this one
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

I'm gonna use this one
    Not if you want to get laid.
  • Makeda1211
    Makeda1211 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Colon health is very important to overall health. Colon hydrotherapy can have some real benefits as with any thing, done in moderation. I have had colonics in the past and they have definitely made me feel lighter. I would suggest just water to begin wih so that you know how your body reacts. Also check out the person doing the therapy and see if they have some reviews. Just saying.
  • gr8pillock
    gr8pillock Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I AM going to be called crazy for saying this, but there is actually a Cancer treatment called the Gerson Method that incorporates Coffee enemas. The documentary I saw said at the time there was one record of a Stage 4 cancer survivor (of which type of cancer I can't remember) who recovered on the Gerson method. Only person to survive stage 4 apparently. It's WAY more than coffee enemas, but those are a part of it.

Take that however you will!!!

Now back to the goofing off.
    http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/pdq/cam/gerson/patient

http://www.quackwatch.com/search/webglimpse.cgi?ID=1&query=gerson

I have done a lot of research on Max Gerson and curing diseases with nutrition and therapy, he was able to cure certain cancers with juicing, nutrition, and enemas are part of it. This is a holistic approach so you will not find MEDICAL doctors supporting this. Anything holistic will not be found in medical research or journals, they do not promote healing naturally, you would need to research yourself.

Comes down to if you believe in holistic medicine or not. It has been very successful for many people and I personally believe nutrition is the most important thing when it comes to illness and disease.

Check out the Gerson Miracle, Food Matters - quite a bit a information about him.

You go right ahead if you get cancer and treat it with juicing and enemas. :flowerforyou:

The Gerson Institute has cured many people of cancer, I wouldn't make it seem like it is a ridiculous thing. Chemo and Radiation are not the end all be all of cancer treatment. And these things are part of the program, not the only things that cure cancer. Just because you may not believe in holistic medicine doesn't mean it is crap.

Like I said to each his own, either you believe in holistics or you don't.

I love you lady!
  • lisamarie2181
    lisamarie2181 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    The Gerson Institute has cured many people of cancer, I wouldn't make it seem like it is a ridiculous thing. Chemo and Radiation are not the end all be all of cancer treatment. And these things are part of the program, not the only things that cure cancer. Just because you may not believe in holistic medicine doesn't mean it is crap.

I believe that diet and exercise and other healthy habits (and not smoking, drinking too much, etc.) can help prevent disease.

I don't believe that shiving coffee up my butt will cure cancer.

Just to add: My grandmother was a doctor who died from colon cancer that metasticized (sp?) to her liver. She was willing to try any and every treatment available and I guarantee if she had any inkling that something like that might actually work, she would have done it. She was in med school about the time Gersen was testifying before Congress, so I'm sure she was aware of the treatment.

I never said it would cure cancer, it is part of the program they do. People are closely monitored at this Institute, again enemas are not the main part of the treatment. I quoted the post from the girl about Gerson, not the OP about the coffee enemas. Simply stating that most people in the medical field do not believe in holistics nor have many been educated all that much on nutrition. I know plenty of Dr's that know nothing much about it.

I am not going to knock a treatment that has been very successful with curing people of cancer just because I may not believe it to be true. I do believe it, so I support it. This approach is ALL about proper nutrition, which is what a lot of holistic approaches are all about. Same as Diet and Exercise. They don't use "pills" to cure you, your body does that itself when you treat it right, I would rather believe in this approach (and have seen the benefits of holistics for myself) than to pop pills that will maybe help.

Like I said, not trying to argue with you, I believe in holistic medicine, I am assuming you do not. That is the great thing about having your own opinion. You may not agree with my views but there are a lot that do. I will just agree to disagree. :happy:
  • TheAncientMariner
    TheAncientMariner Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Bump to read later for the lulz!
  • wmoomoo
    wmoomoo Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    You want to pay extra to put coffee up your butt? wouldnt it be easier to just drink it?

It will remove my toxins

What toxins? Have you had levels checked? Or is it just the line the scam artists like to use about "toxins from polluted air, water, processed foods, etc?" Your liver detoxifies you on a daily basis and those that claim things "remove toxins" have zero knowledge of toxicology and how the body actually works.

Trust me, you're not full of toxins.

My holistic doctor checked me and said I was full of toxins

Have you consider doing juicing instead of colon hydrotherapy? It can still help eliminate the "toxic" that your holistic doctor talked about.
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    The colon hydrotherapy only goes in about three inches and is very safe

The colon is impervious to puncture wounds? Wow, so perforated bowel is a medical myth?

"If the equipment is not adequately sterilized between treatments, disease germs from one person's large intestine can be transmitted to others. Several outbreaks of serious infections have been reported, including one in which contaminated equipment caused amebiasis in 36 people, 6 of whom died following bowel perforation [7-9]. Cases of heart failure (from excessive fluid absorption into the bloodstream) and electrolyte imbalance have also been reported [10]. Direct rectal perforation has also been reported [11]. Yet no license or training is required to operate a colonic-irrigation device. In 1985, a California judge ruled that colonic irrigation is an invasive medical procedure that may not be performed by chiropractors and the California Health Department's Infectious Disease Branch stated: "The practice of colonic irrigation by chiropractors, physical therapists, or physicians should cease. Colonic irrigation can do no good, only harm." The National Council Against Health Fraud agrees [12].

Amebiasis associated with colonic irrigation - Colorado. Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report 30:101-102, 1981.
    Istre GR and others. An outbreak of amebiasis spread by colonic irrigation at a chiropractic clinic. New England Journal of Medicine 307:339-342, 1982.
    Benjamin R and others. The case against colonic irrigation. California Morbidity, Sept 27, 1985.
    Eisele JW, Reay DT. Deaths related to coffee enemas. JAMA 244:1608-1609, 1980.
    Handley DV and others. Rectal perforation from colonic irrigation administered by alternative practitioners. Medical Journal of Australia 181:575-576, 2004.
    Jarvis WT. Colonic Irrigation. National Council Against Health Fraud, 1995."

http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/gastro.html
  • rml_16
    Options

I believe that diet and exercise and other healthy habits (and not smoking, drinking too much, etc.) can help prevent disease.

I don't believe that shiving coffee up my butt will cure cancer.

Just to add: My grandmother was a doctor who died from colon cancer that metasticized (sp?) to her liver. She was willing to try any and every treatment available and I guarantee if she had any inkling that something like that might actually work, she would have done it. She was in med school about the time Gersen was testifying before Congress, so I'm sure she was aware of the treatment.

I never said it would cure cancer, it is part of the program they do. People are closely monitored at this Institute, again enemas are not the main part of the treatment. I quoted the post from the girl about Gerson, not the OP about the coffee enemas. Simply stating that most people in the medical field do not believe in holistics nor have many been educated all that much on nutrition. I know plenty of Dr's that know nothing much about it.

I am not going to knock a treatment that has been very successful with curing people of cancer just because I may not believe it to be true. I do believe it, so I support it. This approach is ALL about proper nutrition, which is what a lot of holistic approaches are all about. Same as Diet and Exercise. They don't use "pills" to cure you, your body does that itself when you treat it right, I would rather believe in this approach (and have seen the benefits of holistics for myself) than to pop pills that will maybe help.

Like I said, not trying to argue with you, I believe in holistic medicine, I am assuming you do not. That is the great thing about having your own opinion. You may not agree with my views but there are a lot that do. I will just agree to disagree. :happy:
    And as I said before, if you get cancer, you go right ahead and treat it with diet and colonics. :flowerforyou:
  • whiteheaddg
    whiteheaddg Posts: 325 Member
    Options

I'm gonna use this one

I think you're locked into this now. Let us know how it works out.
  • jaymek92
    jaymek92 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    You do realise a smoke enema used to be the treatment for drowning right?
    you do realize that when you drown, you're dead, right? there's no treatment for dead. especially not smoke up the *kitten*.
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    You want to pay extra to put coffee up your butt? wouldnt it be easier to just drink it?
    It will remove my toxins

What toxins? Have you had levels checked? Or is it just the line the scam artists like to use about "toxins from polluted air, water, processed foods, etc?" Your liver detoxifies you on a daily basis and those that claim things "remove toxins" have zero knowledge of toxicology and how the body actually works.

Trust me, you're not full of toxins.
    My holistic doctor checked me and said I was full of toxins
    Have you consider doing juicing instead of colon hydrotherapy? It can still help eliminate the "toxic" that your holistic doctor talked about.
    He may have trouble getting the juicer spout up his butt...
  • rml_16
    Options
    you do realize that when you drown, you're dead, right? there's no treatment for dead. especially not smoke up the *kitten*.
    I use canola oil, which is poison, which kills. So I've died many times, yet here I am. :tongue:
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options

I'm gonna use this one

I'd ask for a good 7-8 inch penetration with vibration to correct your chacra. Nothing like getting rid of toxins and enjoying yourself at the same time. It's good for you. I mean the 8 inch with vibration part.

You all are so mean! She just wants coffee in her *kitten*! Lol.
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options

There are treatments, but the success rate is pretty poor. Depends how long you have been suffering from dead and how advanced your case is.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options

only?

I don't take less than 5.....**kicks rocks**
  • cedarghost
    cedarghost Posts: 621 Member
    Options

only?

I don't take less than 5.....**kicks rocks**