why do people care that someone is fat?

Options

Replies

• footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    You're asking for honesty, because it's 'gross'... to be honest, I worked at hooters and serving overweight people fatty foods grossed me right out!

I can't eat with people who are overweight and make bad food choices because it creeps me out too.

Maybe I sound mean, but I can't help it!

Great honesty, to be sure, but so glad I can add to the list of people I would NOT want to get to know on this site.
    Yikes.

PS You can "help" it if you truly wanted to--it's called compassion for others. :wink:

Don't judge me... she asked for honesty so I gave her honesty. I have compassion for those who help themselves. If you're drowning yourself in your own sorrows, I can't be sympathetic... why would I be? You don't care about yourself, so why should I?
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I care in a sympathetic way.

That... and when I see someone who is REALLY fat, like REALLLLLY fat, I think to myself "WHY?? HOW??" I saw this woman the other day, probably around my age (I'm 28) who had to have been easily 350 pounds and her *kitten* was just so friggin' big, you could probably put a glass of water on it and it wouldn't fall off. Her thighs were just monstrous and bulgy everywhere. How does that happen?

According to your ticker you were 302lbs...I really think that you are the last person to be judging that...
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    *Sorry it double posted*
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    You're asking for honesty, because it's 'gross'... to be honest, I worked at hooters and serving overweight people fatty foods grossed me right out!

I can't eat with people who are overweight and make bad food choices because it creeps me out too.

Great honesty, to be sure, but so glad I can add to the list of people I would NOT want to get to know on this site.
    Yikes.

PS You can "help" it if you truly wanted to--it's called compassion for others. :wink:

Don't judge me... she asked for honesty so I gave her honesty. I have compassion for those who help themselves. If you're drowning yourself in your own sorrows, I can't be sympathetic... why would I be? You don't care about yourself, so why should I?

Compassion can go a long way. I'm not saying enable anyone not willing to change their life...but what about "fat" people who are actively trying to change their life? maybe they are being hindered due to medical conditions...maybe they were 300lbs, lost a 100 but according to you..you won't "eat" with them because technically they are still fat.

Seems very sad because you'll never get to know how great they are because you are too busy automatically putting them into the fat people who don't care about their health category.

Also - food in moderation is okay - including what you think of as bad. If that person who lost a 100lbs was having a cheeseburger, I bet you'd still think they were gross..even though they have a good handle on their food and are consistently losing.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Not sure. But one time someone told me that thin women don't like fat women because the thin ones work real hard to be thin and are wishing that they could eat more too, and they don't like it even more if the fat woman is happy and has a loving man in her life even though she doesn't give up all food to keep him. Not sure why men don't like fat women---maybe because the media and hollywood keeps telling them that only thin women are pretty? Some men are real offended when a fat woman likes them or asks them out--it's like they think less of themselves cause a fat woman actually thought she had a chance with them.--I don't know! But I wish people would not be so judgemental----I personally like a chunkier man. The women in my family are all fat---(well except for my Mom who was like this tiny little thing!) and I think we all pretty!

This is a lot of made up junk that doesn't really happen in the real world.
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I love how someone will tell me I'm fat like I didn't know I am. It's like No *kitten* really? I didn't know!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I think some of the really angry guys that are very abusive are actually very sexually attracted to big girls but have bought into media standards to sell clothes.

They really just need a big booty and a puffy woonanny and their anger would be gone.

It's kind of like people who are excessively homophobic deep down theres some pent up urges there.

Free yourself love the fatties! We are hella fun!
  • infamousmk
    Options

Yup, you do sound mean. And you can help it... try not being so shallow, see how that goes.
  • taylorwaylor
    taylorwaylor Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Because everyone in this society strives for perfection, and in order to feel better about their flaws, they need to pick at everyone elses.... THIS SOCIETY SUCKS!
  • infamousmk
    Options

Yikes.

I will judge. You are making assumptions about people to justify your close-minded view of people who are different than you.
  • cheerforsteelers
    cheerforsteelers Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I think some of the really angry guys that are very abusive are actually very sexually attracted to big girls but have bought into media standards to sell clothes.

They really just need a big booty and a puffy woonanny and their anger would be gone.

It's kind of like people who are excessively homophobic deep down theres some pent up urges there.

:laugh:
  • honkytonks85
    honkytonks85 Posts: 669 Member
    Options

Yikes.

I will judge. You are making assumptions about people to justify your close-minded view of people who are different than you.

You can be free to judge fat people and think of them as 'gross' and others are also free to judge you as not a very nice person.
  • DuhhMuffin
    Options

Yikes.

>Posts a comment where she judges fat people
    >Next post tells us not to judge her

Wat.

Edit, ah. I see the person above me already covered that. Great minds think alike ;3
  • RLDeShazo
    RLDeShazo Posts: 356 Member
    Options

:flowerforyou:
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Why do you care that you are (possibly) fat?
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Can't really say but a lot of "fat" people that I met always think everyone's looking down at them for some reason when it's simply not the case. Everyone is discriminated against/bullied but it seems as though "fat" people are the most sensitive to it.

Also for the record I've seen more "fat" people bullying others than I've seen "fat" people getting bullied.
  • Fitstephy
    Options

Yikes.

I bet you're a joy to be around
  • Fitstephy
    Options

because people treat me badly for being so...
  • PikaKnight
    Options

because people treat me badly for being so...

Then don't let it. It is up to you what you let hurt you. no one can "make" you feel anything (except physical pain of course). Yeah, ignoring them and not letting it eat at you is hard...but it can be done.

You could also see it as a type of motivation. Prove them wrong and know you can be a better person not just physically, but mentally as well.
  • honkytonks85
    honkytonks85 Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Can't really say but a lot of "fat" people that I met always think everyone's looking down at them for some reason when it's simply not the case. Everyone is discriminated against/bullied but it seems as though "fat" people are the most sensitive to it.

Also for the record I've seen more "fat" people bullying others than I've seen "fat" people getting bullied.

Have you ever had someone scream profanities at you out their car window when you walking down the street?

Point and laugh at you when you are sitting in a chair and your fat is pointing out the sides?

Throw food at you?

Not give you job opportunities because you are fat?

What about, going with your friend to their friends house and their friend literally saying you are not allowed to enter their house because you are so fat.

I have NEVER seen ANY of this happen to a person who is a regular weight. Sorry for being so 'sensitive' though, I should have just kept my depression to myself.

That is all.