what bothers you when you go shopping?

Options

Replies

• Maidofmer
    Maidofmer Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    When there's a line a mile long and only 2 cash registers open and bunch of employees on the floor stocking when there's already tons of products on the shelf!!!!

yup. that's a big one. or, when the cashier and the customer won't stop talking. its like, yea the sky's a nice blue, now check me out so I can leave.
  • 6ee8ee
    6ee8ee Posts: 25
    Options
    Oh, I definitely agree with this one! Oops... new to these boards. I meant to agree with the lady that commented about shopping with her husband... I hate being rushed too!
  • Maidofmer
    Options
    another is when i'm shopping with my husband. he doesn't rush me, instead he puts anything he sees into the cart. i'll go grocery shopping with a list, and get the to check out line with about 10-15 items not on the list. cookies, bagels, chips and soda.
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,200 Member
    Options
    Kinda surprised I didn't see mine. I always make sure that when I need to study the shelves that I get all the way on the opposite side of the aisle so people can get passed me while I look. What drives me insane is the people that want to look at the exact same section of shelf and just walk right up and plant themselves directly between me and the items I was looking at. Excuse me?? Am I invisible? Do you think you are transparent? Stand next to me and look instead of thinking you are better than anyone else in the store.
  • icandowhateveriputmymindto
    Options
    When my pants fit perfectly except for the fact that they're way to long
  • SeaRunner26
    SeaRunner26 Posts: 5,143 Member
    Options
    People that bring their dogs in with them to every store. Um sorry, that chiuaua in your purse is not a service animal.
  • CarmenSRT
    CarmenSRT Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Kinda surprised I didn't see mine. I always make sure that when I need to study the shelves that I get all the way on the opposite side of the aisle so people can get passed me while I look. What drives me insane is the people that want to look at the exact same section of shelf and just walk right up and plant themselves directly between me and the items I was looking at. Excuse me?? Am I invisible? Do you think you are transparent? Stand next to me and look instead of thinking you are better than anyone else in the store.

When you get past 40 your eyes start being absolute butts. On behalf of us oldsters, my apologies for blocking your view. :laugh:
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    The only thing that annoys me when I shop is getting a cart that has 30 problems, and squeaks and doesn't turn, or veers to one way or the other.
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    Bratty, snotty kids that lack proper parenting is what drives me insane! I wanna run them over with my cart.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    -When people just stop right in front of you
    -When there are way too many people in the store
    -Going in for just one item and getting stuck in line for 20 minutes
    -When the cashier argues with you over a 20 cent price discrepancy
    -When you go in with a list of very specific items and the store has not one thing you need
    -Messy stores
    -Inept employees
    -If I am in a store like Target and am wearing red people ask me "Do you work here/Can you tell me where such-and-such is?" Same kinda scenario, I was at Target doing a baby registry and this woman comes up to me and says "Can you scan this and tell me how much this costs?"
  • ashdred
    ashdred Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    - Unsupervised children has to be my biggest pet hate when shopping...

- Also when you go into a supermarket right behind a large family or group and you get stuck behind them the whole way round the shop because they refuse to be considerate and move for the people around them!

Yes! I used to run into this a lot at Walmart, therefore, I don't go. I may pay a little more for where I shop but it definitely includes the experience.

-I hate feeling rushed. I've been trying to try new things from produce lately. I can't see what's avaiable, if you're trying to run me over for tomatoes.
    -People who reunite in the grocery store urks me too
    -Check writers..grrrrrrrrrrrrr!

that's all i can think about now....

I'm one of those 6am shoppers..i love the peace! lol
  • LynnW52
    LynnW52 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    People who leave their shopping carts in the middle of the parking lot..
  • djenah79
    Options
    People in pajama pants or sweats! Really should try to put decent clothes on when going into public!

some fun sweatpants humor :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=iDdnuGevXRA
  • JustANumber85
    JustANumber85 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    When a family with two adults has a small child who is in full screaming melt down but they don't have one of them take the child outside to the car to calm down. It's stress inducing for the other shoppers and bad for the child.

Im going to assume you and the people this bothers dont have kids.

You cant always just take them to the bathroom or outside to calm down- they dont always calm down and they are in such a fit they dont want to listen anyway. sometimes the fit is from a bad mood, lack of nap/sleep, sickness, not getting a toy or food, etc. Who are YOU to judge?

<-- mom of 3.

and what bothers me is when i bring my own bags and I tell the cashier and bagger " ill bag my own" but they KEEP coming over to help and i have to keep telling them " no, ive got it thanks". I want to take home 10 bags FULL not 50 bags 1/2 full!
  • Maidofmer
    Options

-If I am in a store like Target and am wearing red people ask me "Do you work here/Can you tell me where such-and-such is?" Same kinda scenario, I was at Target doing a baby registry and this woman comes up to me and says "Can you scan this and tell me how much this costs?"

I had that problem with a grocery store. I worked in a restaurant next to it, black pants, white shirt red apron, and the stores dress was black pants red shirt, white apron, so any time I ran in there either on restaurant business or my own, i'd get stopped at least 6 times by people. they wouldn't even be polite. the best time is one of them went to one of the managers to complain about my service and look on her face when she said, "Ma'am, this lady is not one of out employees."
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I hate the pharmacy line at the store. There's always some disgruntled old bag in front of me wondering why it's too early to pick up their meds, and just standing there arguing about it when it's the insurance company not the pharmacist they need to be talking to. Oh and one time I was in line at the pharmacy, had to stop there on my way to work... And this woman on one of those mobile shopping carts pulls up behind everyone and goes "I need to cut in line I'm in a hurry" so two people let her go in front of them, when she got to me I said "Sorry i can't" "But im in a hurry" "So am i, im on my way to work".... This woman backs up her scooter, and literally CHARGES at me. She tried to run me over so i had to kick and push the basket to keep her from hitting me. Self defense I swear :)

I stopped going to the pharmacy at Walmart. Every time i ended up in line behind a hispanic person who not only couldn't speak English, but couldn't remember which of the 10 people living in their home placed the pharmacy order, so they'd stand there checking every single name to see if the prescription was under THAT name.
    ugh
  • smantha32
    Options
    Everyone is talking about stores...what about the kiosk gauntlet at the mall? That is the worst!

YES! HATE!
  • smantha32
    Options
    I work in a small store so I have LOADS that other people do... letting kids run around screaming, and putting things back in the wrong place. Seriously, why would you put chilled chicken back in the sweets isle?! :/

because they don't want to walk their lazy @sses back to the proper aisle to put it where it goes.
  • CarmenSRT
    CarmenSRT Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    When a family with two adults has a small child who is in full screaming melt down but they don't have one of them take the child outside to the car to calm down. It's stress inducing for the other shoppers and bad for the child.

Im going to assume you and the people this bothers dont have kids.

You cant always just take them to the bathroom or outside to calm down- they dont always calm down and they are in such a fit they dont want to listen anyway. sometimes the fit is from a bad mood, lack of nap/sleep, sickness, not getting a toy or food, etc. Who are YOU to judge?

<-- mom of 3.

Who am I to judge? I'm the woman with the child who would go absolutely ballistic out of the blue for years *everywhere*, full on beat my arms black and blue and scream things like "I want to tear this whole house down!". I'm the woman who had to have a plan for who would take the child out to the car and who would complete the mission we were on no matter where we went. I'm the woman who spent years wondering what the hell we were doing so very wrong in how we parented. I'm the woman who wept with anger and relief when the child was finally diagnosed at age 8 with ultradian cycling bipolar disorder after the child had an episode of pressured speech in the psychiatrist's office that triggered more precise testing.

That's who I am. The woman who did her level best to ensure that MY child didn't stress out everyone else when we were in public - no matter why that child was going nuts.
  • smantha32
    Options

That's who I am. The woman who did her level best to ensure that MY child didn't stress out everyone else when we were in public - no matter why that child was going nuts.

You are AWESOME. :flowerforyou: