Silly things you have done before a weigh in?

Options

Replies

• ApexLeader
    ApexLeader Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    had a tumble in the bed with twin women from sweden
  • janatleigh
    janatleigh Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I use the rest room then strip down naked.
  • 7Nonny
    7Nonny Posts: 15
    Options
    I work at a Dr. office. So I wear my exact same outfit weekly for weigh in day. Then I make sure my pockets are completely empty before I get on the scale. I also try to make sure I remember to weigh in very first thing in the morning.
  • Mkepler4
    Options
    Three words: Best. Thread. Ever.

On the topic though, I make sure its in the morning before I eat (or drink) anything, after going to the bathroom and washing my hands. I also double check that there isn't excess water on my hands after washing that may weigh me down. The pants and shirt definitely come off too. Its good to laugh at ones' self once in a while. :)
  • Maidofmer
    Maidofmer Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    http://jackfit.blogspot.com/2009/05/what-my-scale-might-say-if-it-could.html

What My Scale Might Say If It Could Talk:

Get off! Get off! Get off!”
    “Maybe you’re just retaining fat.”
    “They say any loss is a good loss. How’s about -.00001 lbs.?”
    “Here comes the pain!”
    “Round and round she goes, where she stops, nobody knows.”
    “When you lose, you take all the credit; when you gain, ya blame me!”
    “Looks like you’ve got Dunlap’s Disease. Your belly’s done lapped over your belt.”
    “Ummmmph!”
    “On the moon, you’d only weigh 43 pounds.”
    “Why don’t you try again… maybe it’ll be drastically lower.”
    “And you thought nobody saw you eat those chips…”
    “Good news: you’re still beating anorexia!”
    “Does this number make you look fat?”
    “Tippin’ is encouraged. Get it, get it? Tippin’ the scales… ah, you don’t know funny.”
    “Are you a glutton for punishment or just a regular glutton?”
    “For God’s sake–will you please put on some underwear?”
    “BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA….”
    “Let’s say we just call it two hundred and plenty?”
    “I’ve got an idea: today I’ll stand on you and call you a f*ckin’ b*tch.”
    “Say, are you losing weight?

Gets me every time :)
    All credit goes to Jack *kitten* Gett'n Fit Blog Writer

hahahaha oh my sides hurt
  • mlynnea03
    mlynnea03 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Great topic Op!

Really funny comments. Funny things you do when you have scale madness.
    I have tried most them all, lol.
  • missmegan831
    missmegan831 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I don't think this actually helps, but I always weight naked and lift up my boobs while I'm doing it.

LOL.. I thought I was the only person alive that lifted up boobs while weighing.. I do it more so I can see the read out on the scale thou :laugh:
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,638 Member
    Options
    I almost always weigh less after a shower and with wet hair than I do before a shower - today it was a pound difference. Never quite understood why.....

Did you pee in the shower?
  • awaterbuffalo
    awaterbuffalo Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Poop!
  • wendybird5
    wendybird5 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I've made sure not to drink or eat anything and go to the bathroom before a weigh in.
  • MsDover
    MsDover Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I don't think this actually helps, but I always weight naked and lift up my boobs while I'm doing it.

I may give this one a try in the morning.... sounds logical, right? :bigsmile:
  • Jory2pointOh
    Options
    I never shower the night before a weigh-in. I was told taking a bath or shower before a weigh-in can make you weigh more. I weigh naked after I go to the bathroom.
  • mdcoug
    mdcoug Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I've got so much hair that I won't even bother weighing myself if it's wet. I also take off as much as I can. Luckily I weigh myself at home!

I remember one morning, before a weigh in at the OB/GYN when I was probably around 28 wks pregnant, I was so tired of hearing "you really shouldn't be gaining this much weight," I decided to eat a very small amount the night before and drink decaf tea that morning. That was the one and only time I got morning sickness. Never happened again. I dealt with the slaps on the wrist with a full tummy after that.
  • MrsSardone
    MrsSardone Posts: 194 Member
    Options

On my scale it does work! By like a 4lb difference! My scale is all wonky. I either lift my boobs or suck in really hard and the weight changes.
  • exquisitecadavre
    Options
    In the past I would weigh myself if I wasn't happy with the result I would keep moving scales to different parts of the floor to get a better weight :-P

Hahah, I love this!

I'll move the scale around too to see what the difference is...

I take off all jewelry, make sure I've gone to the restroom, and strip. I have shaved my legs before it though! =]
  • susannahsutton1
    Options
    Great topic Op!

Really funny comments. Funny things you do when you have scale madness.
    I have tried most them all, lol.

Aww thanks *blush
  • canadiandee
    canadiandee Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Haha. Love this thread. Sadly, I'll now be adding a whole host of new routines to my usual weigh in ritual. :wink:
  • Corkline
    Corkline Posts: 107
    Options
    Thanks for the "tips". Shaving my legs and holding my boobs up on Saturday. But I'll shave the night before so I'm completely dry. And maybe do an extra long workout....
  • peachy0987
    peachy0987 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I agree with Canadiandee--- I did some of these before, but now I have so many new ideas on what I should do for the future :)
  • PhillyTD
    PhillyTD Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    truffle-shuffle.gif