Hubby request

Options

Replies

• dantrick
    dantrick Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    if your hubby has requested that you do not gain male friends (post title for assumption), that means he doesn't trust you. If he doesn't trust you then there is no real foundation for your marriage. we all know what happens when something has no foundation now don't we.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    There are plenty of people who are here for the fitness and movitational support...yes, you can find people to exchanged dirty pictures with, but unless you're looking for it....its not going to be forced upon you.

I can guarantee that with no profile pic, you aren't going to get creepy requests anyway....so I wouldn't worry about it.
  • KristysLosing
    Options
    I think that sounds a bit strange and controlling, but if it works for you, it works for you. :flowerforyou:

I don't know if I think it's controlling if they are both following the same rule and they agreed on it, but that's just me. :smile: Now if only she wasn't allowed to have males friends, and he could have female, different story.

OP - best of luck on your weight loss!
  • bigdaddyfluff
    bigdaddyfluff Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You can't take marrital advice from people who don't know you on a site that is open to pretty much anybody. I can understand both points. But unless someone has been in your position then they don't know. It may not be an issue of trust at all. May just be that it's something that makes him uncomfortable. It happens. Whatever works for you then do it.
  • Init_to_winit
    Init_to_winit Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I'm open to be friends with anyone. I tend not to be friends with guys because I mostly find myself wanting to friend someone who is more similar to me. Be it with goals, age, height, or personality. But I would by no means purposely reject a friend request by or not add a man because my husband would get mad! I would reject if I got a friend request without a message though, I'd be wondering why he would be interested in being my friend otherwise. I'm not on here to flirt I'm on here to build a support group!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I never get hit on, on this site. (Come to think of it, I never really get hit on, ever). But I have seen that a lot of women on this site seem to be super flirtatious, even if both parties are married!
  • KristysLosing
    Options
    awww she deactivated

I hate when people do that...well this was a waste of my time. I was even going to send a request to her.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    this is a direct quote from your profile. "To look even hotter in my bikini this summer. I enjoy turning heads and watching the guy's GF look at me in envy. lol"

maybe this is why your husband won't let you have male friends. And it surely won't get you many female friends!

your reasons to want to get fit are very shallow!

wait... being honest about why she wants to get fit is a problem?
  • blueeylb
    blueeylb Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    i choose to have only women on my friends list out of respect for my husband.....
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I just joined MFP and my hubby saw me on the site last night and he created an account. We both made a deal and said no friends of the opposite sex. He said he knows a woman at his work that is on here too and it's much more than a fitness site according to his co-worker. She said she gets hit on and propositioned daily and the women on this site flirt more than the men and most are married. Soooo, on that note, I will respect hubby's wish not to have any male friends. Any other women do the same?

I don't know where your husbands co-worker is trolling around at, I've been here for a fair amount of time and can count on one hand how many times I've actually been sent a creepy message.
  • lorib75
    lorib75 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I wouldn't listen to some of these replies. It's yours and hubby's marriage. If you have that much respect for each other, that's all that should matter. The worst thing you can do is post your personal stuff on here. You're going to get some wise-*kitten* replies, which is normal for some of these people.

THIS 100%
  • gr8pillock
    gr8pillock Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I don't consider that fair to him. Most of the people on here are women, and many men aren't exactly active in a supportive social manner to other dudes anyway.

I have been asked to 'chat' outside the site a couple times, but who cares? Let him have some lady friends so he can get something out of the support system of the site, and know that some of my favorite and supportive friends are dudes on here as well. Don't restrict. If you're in a solid, healthy and happy marriage, you should trust him to walk through a room of naked women and still come out the other end to you.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Married 29 years. I have a mixed friends list. Mutual trust, loyalty and respect. However I believe to each his own and you gotta do what makes you both comfortable.
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    I just joined MFP and my hubby saw me on the site last night and he created an account. We both made a deal and said no friends of the opposite sex. He said he knows a woman at his work that is on here too and it's much more than a fitness site according to his co-worker. She said she gets hit on and propositioned daily and the women on this site flirt more than the men and most are married. Soooo, on that note, I will respect hubby's wish not to have any male friends. Any other women do the same?

I don't know where your husbands co-worker is trolling around at, I've been here for a fair amount of time and can count on one hand how many times I've actually been sent a creepy message.

I got my first one yesterday,lol
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Honestly, my husband and I are both on here. He has a mixed friends list, so do I and I trust my husband completely as he does with me. We both know that we will never cheat on each other and that we love each other.
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    I'm on here to stay fit and to help others on their road to a healthier lifestyle and fitness. That being said, I do not turn down requests for friends that are the opposite gender.

I will say, that if (male or female) anyone is inappropriate, they get unfriended and I have unfriended both male and female for this. I'm very happily married and plan to stay that way for a very long time.

I have not, however been propositioned or hit on so far.
  • forgtmenot
    forgtmenot Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I never get hit on on here. Maybe because I make it clear in my profile that I am in a relationship idk. I do have a few male friends on here but I never talk to them "like that" and they never try to either. My boyfriend and I trust each other. We both have facebook And we both have friends of the opposite sex on there as well. I find it funny when male friends of mine who I've known for years get married and suddenly I'm unfriended. It's pretty obvious it's wifey making them delete all their female friends... I just don't get it.
  • ACepero79
    ACepero79 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    If you choose to honor that request for your husband and vice-versa, and it makes the both of you happy, then I see nothing wrong with it. But, the request itself is sort of controlling. Does he also ask you not to wear certain things? Does he check your phone? Does he ask you to break friendships with males?

Being insecure is a toxin in a relationship. It projects outwardly towards how you treat other people. I am married. I have complete confidence in her and trust her. I don't monitor her social networks. I don't check her phone.

She's a teacher and has off during the summer. She spends about 99% of that time at the beach - without me. And she sunbathes topless and even full nude sometimes. She does it to avoid tan lines and never seeks attention. I am completely fine with it. I know she comes home to me and is devoted to our marriage.

Just food for thought.
  • vg8pr0
    vg8pr0 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I agree with those who say it's your business.....but then again if you are putting the question out there.....you get all the opinions that go with it. But in the end...only you and your husband can decide.
  • mrau719
    mrau719 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    My hubby is on here too. He doesn't use it as much as I do, but he knows my friend list is mixed.

Yes, I've had some inappropriate private m's---I either ignore them or if it's from a friend--delete. Pretty simple.