Hubby request

Options
123457»

Replies

• SmexAppeal
    SmexAppeal Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Why is there no trust in marriage? If I was married, I would never put myself in a situation of hanging out with someone of the opposite sex. But its the internet. How about give each other your passwords, that way it eliminates any worry. You can't keep each other from everyone of the opposite sex, but you can just respect each other enough to not encourage nor reply to such behaviors of the opposite sex!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    this is a direct quote from your profile. "To look even hotter in my bikini this summer. I enjoy turning heads and watching the guy's GF look at me in envy. lol"

maybe this is why your husband won't let you have male friends. And it surely won't get you many female friends!

your reasons to want to get fit are very shallow!

to be fair, looking good naked is one of my reasons to get fit.... but thats for the benefit of MY husband! not everyone elses!

I agree. But I don't want to make others envious. The second part of her comment is spiteful, IMO

agreed!
  • TaminaShock
    TaminaShock Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    My hubby and i are on here too no probs. I love it when he gets compliments. Builds his confidence make him feel sexy and i'm happy when he is happy and vice versa. Strong marriage1
  • TaminaShock
    TaminaShock Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    RIGHT ON!
    If you choose to honor that request for your husband and vice-versa, and it makes the both of you happy, then I see nothing wrong with it. But, the request itself is sort of controlling. Does he also ask you not to wear certain things? Does he check your phone? Does he ask you to break friendships with males?

Being insecure is a toxin in a relationship. It projects outwardly towards how you treat other people. I am married. I have complete confidence in her and trust her. I don't monitor her social networks. I don't check her phone.

She's a teacher and has off during the summer. She spends about 99% of that time at the beach - without me. And she sunbathes topless and even full nude sometimes. She does it to avoid tan lines and never seeks attention. I am completely fine with it. I know she comes home to me and is devoted to our marriage.

Just food for thought.
  • EstiloPanama
    Options
    If it works for you, that is awesome. I think it's a great form of respect for one another, especially if it's something you two have agreed on. If it is a good way to avoid issues and problems, I don't see the issue. It's just one of those things you don't really tell others because it's something many people do not understand. It almost sounded in your original post that you were bragging about how you and your husband do things! Don't brag..just keep it on the down low. Personally, my husband and I do not have friends of the opposite sex. Coworkers yes, acquaintances, yes, but not all out full fledged friends out of respect for one another. It's not about jealousy or insecurity but respect and to avoid awkward moments and situations. It was bad enough that two of his coworkers hit on him hard core, and one of them begun to disrespect him when he rejected her advances. Good thing he is out of that office now and into a better position. I couldn't stand those girls, and neither could he. The closer they tried to get as friends, the most they tried to disrespect him and myself. That is NOT okay. So it's good to keep things professional and at a distance...at least, that's what works for us. And whatever works for you, do it. Just understand others won't understand.
  • Kev_witchcity
    Options
    wife and I both have profiles, pics and friends of the opposite sex on MFP. Guys (and girls) compliment and flirt with her all the time...here's how I feel...WHO CARES! I TRUST her. Sooooooo many people don't have this little but necessary thing in their relationships, "trust"...if you don't have it or if you've lost it, it's nearly impossible to get back. Sounds to me like this person had major trusts issues or the husband did anyway. She deactivated, probably didn't want to deal with the B.S. she'd get from hubby. Leave them to their misery I guess!?!?
  • Lala20112
    Lala20112 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I agree there are some creeps on this site that hit on others ... Just block them and move on! If you don't have trust you don't have a healthy relationship ...... period! End of subject! BTW your husband doesn't need this site to hit on other women. Jus sayin... :))
  • beccyleigh
    beccyleigh Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    OP has deactivated profile. There seems to be a troll or a series of trolls who sign up, make pathetic posts then deactivate.

Quite sad really.
  • ElizabethRaeBarnes
    ElizabethRaeBarnes Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I have a ton of men friend requesting me! I do the same thing for my boyfriend of 4 years. We agreed no people of the opposite sex unless its family. I think it is better that way. I am looking for female advice anyways. I dont want to know about male bodily functions and problems. LOL
  • Windy_
    Windy_ Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Seems a bit extreme. My wife and I are both on here with pics and we both have friends of the opposite sex. She gets "looking hot" comments all the time. I'm not getting jealous of an avatar.

You're married??????? You never told me that!
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    'Hubby'....ugh.... Please stop calling your husband 'hubby', you may as well remove his testicles and put them in your purse, what a cringe-inducing term. On the topic however, friends of the opposite sex can be just as helpful. I have men on my FL and I'm not messaging them inappropriately.
  • beccyleigh
    beccyleigh Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    pretty sure my hubby still has his testicles, last time I checked but hey if it bothers you that much don't call YOUR hubby hubby mkay :)
  • bettacheckyoself
    Options
    I haven't experienced any creeps.....maybe I don't meet the criteria ?

The guys on my friend list are pretty cool!
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    I think Emily is HAWT!!!! :smokin:
  • LetsTryThisAgain54
    LetsTryThisAgain54 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    'Hubby'....ugh.... Please stop calling your husband 'hubby', you may as well remove his testicles and put them in your purse, what a cringe-inducing term. On the topic however, friends of the opposite sex can be just as helpful. I have men on my FL and I'm not messaging them inappropriately.

Gotta love these boards! Now there are people telling other people what to call their husbands. I'm sure she'll listen just because YOU told her to stop saying hubby!
  • Kev_witchcity
    Options

LOL...yeah...I guess "hubby" is a... as you put it "cringe-inducing". I even used it "unconsciously".
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    Okay, thanks for keeping us posted.
  • MochaMixAZ
    MochaMixAZ Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Sheesh. Deletion took all the fun outta this thread!
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Actually it's the men that aren't on your friends list that you get the 'alternative' messages from lol!!