When do you weigh yourself and how often?

Options
1235»

Replies

• sunshine421969
    sunshine421969 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    People are different...as for me I weigh every morning and every night..I can just about guess my weight for the next morning from what I weigh at night..But I only record my weight on here once a week.... Now at the gym and with my trainer, she weighs me once a month...but I just started seeing her two wks, ago...so I shall see what it says.. Which the gym scales showed me 6 lbs lighter than my own..I would take that any day, ..I have to weigh that way to keep myself in check...But most I would say once a week or once a month...
  • tthoma27
    Options
    I weigh myself every Wednesday morning. You should weigh yourself the same time of day each time. And no more than twice a week.
  • Drop_it_Like_Its_Hawt
    Options
    I try to keep it to just once a week. Otherwise I just get all obsessive over every little fluctuation, and that's not healthy.
  • whitesox56
    Options
    I was a fiend. I would weigh myself every day when I wake up and once at night. You weigh less in the morning. People say you shouldn't weigh yourself every day, but I have gotten out of the habit this past week. I weighed myself on Monday to get my start weight and I'll weigh myself tomorrow morning.
  • briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I weigh in once a day and put it on a chart on my phone called Libra..it shows me trends and if I stay on a certain weightloss path when I will reach my goal. You can change goals on it too and it will adjust your path plan...anyway, needless to say, I weight in everyday, and record official weights when I have dropped weight for 2 or more days. So if I weigh in at 226 for two or more days I will put 226..and so on. If I have a gain for two or more days I do that also and put my gain. So I fluctuate depending on the month.
  • DamnImASexyBitch
    DamnImASexyBitch Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    I've read to weigh yourself in the morning after you pee, gives you the most accurate base weight. It also makes you feel the best. :-)

This, but I only do it once a month.
  • atla_moves
    Options
    I read a study that showed that people who weigh every day are more likely to achieve and maintain weight loss. My mom, who lost ~80 lbs like 15 years ago, weighs every day. Since its a habit, she doesn't forget to do it (like sometimes happens for maintainers who weigh weekly) and she's quick to realize when she needs to step up her game. The habit has been instrumental in her weight maintenance.

I've started weighing every day, and it's done two things for me. 1) It's gotten me used to the daily fluctuations. As a once a week weigher, I'd be all WHARGHRLBLBLEEE if I was up .2 lbs on my weekly weigh in. Now a fluctuation has no power over me, but instead I look for trends. 2) It makes me much less likely to binge at night when I know I'm going to have to see the consequences at 5 AM when I step on the scale.
  • Knucklez11
    Options
    I weigh my self weekly same day same time :) So its pretty well precise. to weigh more than this in a week, you will drive yourself nuts. Weight goes up and down all the time. I have finally got myself off of the weigh myself everyday kick. :)

As Frank Abagnale Jr. would say..." I concur."
  • lyndabraczynski
    Options
    Only once a week...otherwise the little ups and downs discourage me.
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    It is even better if you can train yourself to only weigh once a month (for young women, it should be on the fifth day after the onset of her period as she will be free of hormonal bloat at that point). In between, as long as you are maintaining your program, you can be assured that you are burning fat off your body. If my clothes are feeling a bit loose around the waist, I might take my waist measurement, but other than that, I don't generally weigh myself more than once a month. And it is always down from the previous month. Sometimes by only one or two pounds--but it is down. Since I tend to lose weight so slowly, I think you can see why it would be very discouraging for me to weigh myself every day as one or two pounds can easily be fluid fluctuations from day to day. Measurements tend to be more rewarding as I have only lost 17 pounds since last summer but I have lost about 4 inches off my waist. :smile:
  • kristina1709
    kristina1709 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I am a daily weigher. I only record my weigh on Saturday mornings. I thought about trying to break the habit, but when I dont weigh daily I feel like I get off track. Weighing every day keeps me going and my mind at ease. It works for me.